Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will QPR ever have to pay fine for Financial Fair Play promotion

Comments

• Would be nice if they did.
  • They're never going to pay up
  • Some clubs seem to always get away with this type of thing, smaller clubs would have been strung up for it.
  • I don't recall the grounds on which they feel they don't have to pay. Is it just because they're considerably richer than you?
  • Some clubs seem to always get away with this type of thing, smaller clubs would have been strung up for it.

Same with the new diving rules that have come into force.

Alexi Sanchez (v West Brom) / Richardlson (v Arsenal) / Bernado Silva (v Burnley) are all cases where diving bans could have been handed out, yet all cases have been rejected with a Carlisle player being the first to receive a ban!!
  • This is an easy one: No.

Next question.
  • I expect the FL to declare that any fine would be unfair on the supporters (ala West Ham's non-relegation) and so no fine will ever be paid.
  • No, It's a Joke.

Cheating, no other word for it
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2017
    The FL have not got the balls to implement it, they do not run the game, Murdoch & Sky do.
  • My understanding of that last tribunal is that it was exactly that...the last appeal option that QPR had. They were either arrogant, naive or very badly advised to think they were ever going to be found anything other than guilty.
  • How many bloody appeals are they allowed!? Just take TV money off of them until it has been paid off

They are a small Club and a scummy one at that. Crap ground, crap support.
  • They had already used up their appeals. I've been led to believe that this was a final one in front of judiciary. Not sure why QPR are reported as saying they are intending to appeal...they've dragged this out for two years already.
  • and yet Bournemouth got away scott free and are everybody’s darlings.
  • buckshee said:

and yet Bournemouth got away scott free and are everybody’s darlings.

Did Bournemouth contravene FFP ?
    I thought the rules changed and they didn't.
  • Sponsored links:

• I so like the above post by Blucher.
  • buckshee said:

and yet Bournemouth got away scott free and are everybody’s darlings.

Did Bournemouth contravene FFP ?
    I thought the rules changed and they didn't.
    Got fined a pitiful amount for essentially massively cheating. Lost almost £50m in two seasons.

"Bournemouth will have to pay a fine of £7.6m after they broke Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules on their way to securing promotion to the Premier League last season.

Clubs are allowed a 'maximum deviation' of £6m per season without punishment under the FFP agreement but the Cherries posted a £38.3m loss in 2014/15 as they won the Sky Bet Championship.

The was an increase from a loss of £10.3m the previous season, predominantly due to player and staff wages, which rose to £30.4m, a figure more than double the club's turnover of £12.9m."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/10267899/bournemouth-fined-7-6m-after-breaching-financial-fair-play-rules
  • The only way for it to work is a points deduction / relegation, however there’s no way the “big” clubs would vote for it. They know they can cheat and get away with it, with just a fine.
  • The only way for it to work is a points deduction / relegation, however there’s no way the “big” clubs would vote for it. They know they can cheat and get away with it, with just a fine.

The idea that the solution to a club that spends money like water is to fine them some more money is plainly ridiculous as they clearly don't care about money. QPR, and any other club in this situation, should be demoted or even expelled from the league. That is the only way that the punishment becomes meaningful and there is of course zero chance of it happening.
  • Trouble is the premier league and the football league are two seperate entities and because of this no points deduction would be possible unless the clubs in question got relegated out of the prem.

When QPR went down they should have been given a hefty points deduction along with a bigger fineand the same should happen to Bournemouth if they go down .

I am not sure when accounting period would be that would enable this to happen: and for the play off games to take place fairly.

The logical one would be the 31st January so all transfer business for that season has been completed. A bit of wriggle room for high wages, but no system is going to be perfect.

The points deduction should be severe (say) 25 to cover both those cheating to get out of the league on promotion or trying to stay in it by avoiding relegation!

No reason why a fine should not be added as well.
  • In the end teams like QPR that get relegated with massive debts will not be able to pay the fines. Then Administration comes and they get written off again.

There needs to be (if there isn't already) a draconian punishment for clubs that do this but then the sympathisers will be out claiming that it's so unfair on the poor supporters - even though they get the good times first. The 'Golden Ticket' should be withdrawn if the fine is not paid and the club fails to be allowed to play in the Football League. The 'Golden Ticket' could then be auctioned off to the highest bigger (with the club, QPR in this case, not allowed to bid) The players contracts should revert to the EFL and they should be sold too. However, we all know that the EFL don't have the stones to do that and the other clubs fans would be against it just in case it's them next.

Also, due to the numbers involved, once a club is in serious debt in, or just relegated from, the Premier League there is no alternative to throwing money they don't have to stay in, or get into, the cash cow division. There comes a point when a future fine that you won't be able to pay is the least of your worries. This is, exactly, what FFP is designed to stop but with the Prem money being so, so much higher that the Championship, unless all player contracts are null and void at the end of each season, clubs will continue to have running costs that are not affordable if they get relegated and so they can't afford to be.

The irony is that the only way the FL can demand the money is if the club gets promoted again and gets that Sky money but the Premier League clubs will not agree to it.

I would have thrown Portsmouth out of the league after they used their second administration to reduce their £150m debt (which won them the FA Cup and kept them up in the Prem at the expense of other clubs) to virtually nothing. I would also have lent on RBS not to sell Palace Selhurst for £3m when it was worth much, much more than that when they came out of administration. However, when it comes to football clubs being allowed to die there is no appetite for it from the authorities. Just like the Marvel movies, if you allowed someone to become immortal they will take massive risks in the knowledge that it will always be ok.
  • According to tonight standard, they will now be taking this to the CAS which will take two years...

If they lose that then there will be pressure from the clubs fans for the owners to pay the fine out of their own pocket (isn't that what they are getting fined for?) as the club is already £239m in debt.

What is the fucking point of any of it?
  • I hope like in any case where you don't pay the fine, the bill is going up and up.
  • Are there any parallels with Glasgow Rangers (I know they went into admin) in terms of being obliged to drop down the leagues as a sanction?