Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Strachan sacked

Apparently he didn't have the right genetics for the job.

Comments

• Reckon they'll try and get David Moyes... they'll end up with Berti Vogts
  • Think they will go for Lambert.

It will not change anything though.
  • Pep? ;-0.

They're delusional if they think they can do any better than they have.
  • Thought he did pretty well with what he had.
  • Karel perhaps...
  • It's ridiculous if he was sacked.
  • DRAddick said:

Apparently he didn't have the right genetics for the job.

In future the Charlton Life height test will be renamed the Gordon Strachan genetic test
  • cheer up gordon strachan
  • mutual consent by all accounts.

wasn't calling for his head but not really bothered at the same time. two and a bit qualification attempts and fuck all to show for it.

we didn't just miss out, we failed to catch up after a terrible start.

Scottish footballs problems run a lot deeper than who is picking the side unfortunately.

who will get the job? fuck knows, i'd probably go with Paul Lambert at the moment but we cant risk somebody who will jump at the first sign of a PL club sniffing around (that rules David Moyes out for starters)
  • Sponsored links:

• That's poor from the SFA. He did well with what he had to work with.
  • I take Scottish football as seriously as I take @SDAddick's FIFA careers.

EDIT: Sorry, that was stupidly disrespectful and unfair. I care way more about SD's gaming exploits.
  • Be honest, you can’t make a purse out of a pigs ear........all things considered he didn’t do a bad job and surely it will be something of a long shot to find anyone who can do better.
  • Always had a lot of time for Strachan, comes across as a decent honest guy. Was a decent player too

I remember when we played Coventry in our first season back in the PL when he was managing them. I was sat behind the away dugout and towards the end of the game, we were losing 2 1. The ball went off for a throw in, landed in their dugout and they kept hold of it. Strachan was standing in the technical area and turned round and shouted at them to give us the ball back.

It's always stuck in my mind.
  • mutual consent by all accounts.

wasn't calling for his head but not really bothered at the same time. two and a bit qualification attempts and fuck all to show for it.

we didn't just miss out, we failed to catch up after a terrible start.

Scottish footballs problems run a lot deeper than who is picking the side unfortunately.

who will get the job? fuck knows, i'd probably go with Paul Lambert at the moment but we cant risk somebody who will jump at the first sign of a PL club sniffing around (that rules David Moyes out for starters)

If it's any consolation, I doubt Premier League sides are going to be sniffing around Moyes or Lambert.
  • Curbs 16-1

(Not had that posted for a while)
  • Please appoint Pardew.
  • Strachan, too good for the sweats IMO.

Pardew gets my vote. Once he gets a sniff of punani in Sauchiehall Street there'll be no stopping the big nose tosser!
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I take Scottish football as seriously as I take @SDAddick's FIFA careers.

EDIT: Sorry, that was stupidly disrespectful and unfair. I care way more about SD's gaming exploits.

you sound like the millwall fans that cant wait to tell Charlton thy don't care
    Somebody's tired
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

Are you ok, Dave? Most times I see your posts... I wonder if you are having trouble at home?
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Somebody's tired
    LOL, I can help it mate, whenever people mention Scotland my alter ego Bitey McBiteBite takes over.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Somebody's tired
    LOL, I can help it mate, whenever people mention Scotland my alter ego Bitey McBiteBite takes over.
    You really shouldn't have let that internet poll name your alter ego. I had to say it but you have no one to blame but yourself.

• Scottish footballs problems run a lot deeper than who is picking the side unfortunately.

A diet of skag dependence and battered Mars bars don't help either.
  • edited October 2017
    Toe fair Scotland did us a favour by showing Harts continual weakness to defend free kicks.

Pardew gets my vote. Once he gets a sniff of punani in Sauchiehall Street there'll be no stopping the big nose tosser!

Big Sam was mentioned on 5 Live earlier......

Big Sam was mentioned on 5 Live earlier......
    I don’t think Scotland have done anything that bad to have that tosser managing them.
  • If they think the reason they didn't qualify was Strachan, more fool them. Doubt anybody better would want the job.