Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your starting 11 Russia 2018

Comments

• Central midfield (in general, not just on your list!) is such an issue at the moment. I'd drop Lallana bavk in next to Dier (and take Carrick for bigger games) for a bit of creativity in there.

We won't though, it'll be Dier and Henderson, which is uninspiring.
  • Anyone but Henderson
  • Based on last night,
    Only Kane and Rashford deserve to be anywhere near the plane next summer. Total filth performance from the rest of them
  • Im glad some of you lot are not in charge!
  • edited October 2017
    Butland
    Stones | Cahill | Keane
    Walker | Dier | Henderson | Bertrand
    Lallana
    Rashford | Kane

As backup I'd then take:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart | Jordan Pickford
    Defence: Aaron Cresswell | Kieran Trippier | Harry Maguire | Phil Jones |
    Midfield: Tom Davies | Nathaniel Chalobah | Harry Winks | Lewis Cook | Dele Alli
    Strikers: Dominic Solanke | Daniel Sturridge

Pure mix of current Senior players and a mix of U21 players in various positions to learn from
  • Not happy with my central midfield choices, Dier is ok if you need a defensive shield, but there is a desperate lack of talent in that area. Carrick is too old really, but is just a better player than the options there

• id get rid of hart for a start, never been a fan of him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Butland
    Walker, Cahill, Jones, Rose
    Dier, Henderson,
    Lallana, Ali, Rashford
    Kane
  • well I've gone for a slightly different squad as you cant get much worse than how we've been playing over the last decade or so.

as a provisional squad its already looking terrifying to the rest of the world:

Gk - Heaton. Butland.
    Defence - Stones. Cahill. Keane. Clyne. Baines. Charlie Daniels. Young.
    Midfield - Lallana. Arter. Shelvey. Ricky Holmes. Tom Davis. Lookman. Tom Cairney. Nathan Dyer. Rashford.
    Forwars - Crouch. Carroll. Welbeck. Kane. Tammy Abraham. Vardy.
  • Doesn't matter who goes or plays as nothing achieved with the most inept manager in my time to manage England.Only qualification is that he is a FA yes man with no skeletons in the closet
  • edited October 2017
    I'd go pretty different, but have a few old heads on the bench (so long as they can still change games)

We wouldn't make it much further than the group stages, but then what's new?

Not sure why Rose and Walker are the wrong way around.
  • well I've gone for a slightly different squad as you cant get much worse than how we've been playing over the last decade or so.

as a provisional squad its already looking terrifying to the rest of the world:

Gk - Heaton. Butland.
    Defence - Stones. Cahill. Keane. Clyne. Baines. Charlie Daniels. Young.
    Midfield - Lallana. Arter. Shelvey. Ricky Holmes. Tom Davis. Lookman. Tom Cairney. Nathan Dyer. Rashford.
    Forwars - Crouch. Carroll. Welbeck. Kane. Tammy Abraham. Vardy.

I like the look of it yet Harry Arter (Republic of Ireland) and Tom Cairney (Scotland) cant play for us
    blast. now i see why england coaches get so much money. tough job.

guess I'll go with Lewis Cook who you suggested. then all can go to Russia. sorted.
  • edited October 2017
    I reckon this team could give Iceland a good game.image
  • Rashford for me is the only player who gets on the team sheet automatically. Not a clue who the other 10 should be - but then I'm not alone in that - Southgate has the same problem.
  • Banks

Wilson - Moore - Charlton - Cohen

Ball - Stiles - Charlton - Peters

Hurst - Hunt

.....could hardly do much worse than current bunch of muppets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Banks

Hurst - Hunt

There's four or five world class players there - long time since we had that many in the same team.

You've made me sad now - such vivid memories of a nine year old of that balmy summer's day.
  • At least if Amos gets called up it'll surely see future Charlton games called off on International Duty
  • bobmunro said:

Rashford for me is the only player who gets on the team sheet automatically. Not a clue who the other 10 should be - but then I'm not alone in that - Southgate has the same problem.

Not Kane as well Bob?
  • bobmunro said:

Rashford for me is the only player who gets on the team sheet automatically. Not a clue who the other 10 should be - but then I'm not alone in that - Southgate has the same problem.

Not Kane as well Bob?
    If you could guarantee he would take his club form to England, and England played the same way as Spurs, then yes Kane too.

• cabbles said:

bobmunro said:

Banks

Hurst - Hunt

There's four or five world class players there - long time since we had that many in the same team.

You've made me sad now - such vivid memories of a nine year old of that balmy summer's day.
    That's made me even sadder that I (born 1982) can probably only count a handful of times I've been buzzing after an England performance

Euro 96 on the whole, particularly beating Holland and Scotland

Beating Germany 5-1 and that's it

Honestly from the point at which I've started to follow football (I was 8 at Italia 90 so struggle to remember it), England have been on the decline

It started with failing to qualify for USA 94. All the signs were there when San Marino scored that night

Since 2006 it has been dire. All we've had to go on was everyone talking up Sterling's opening 70 minutes against Italy in Brazil

Honestly, looking at the starting XI and squad, it's an embarrassment to be an England fan again
    Frustrating point for me now is the way you see these players in the Premier League every week... Yes I know that Man City have the likes of David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne yet for some reason the moment Raheem Sterling and Kyle Walker turn up for England, they forget how to defend and how to cross the ball - Not having foreign players as team mates shouldn't change that

Only player who is except from that at the moment is Joe Hart who isnt turning heads at West Ham so dont expect much from him in an England shirt
  • Completely agree that Rashford and probably Alli are the only ones that get in automatically. If you want England to play exciting football Kane slows that down. I'd go for Vardy and Rashford over him.
  • edited October 2017
    Not sure what are best 11 actually is.

We were missing 4 starters last night, Rose, Jones, Alli and Lallana.

I still think he needs to change the Keeper.

I would probably go;

Butland

Jones,Cahill and Stones

Walker, Whilshere, Henderson and Rose

Lallana and Alli

Kane