Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tuesday, 2nd September. The Oval.........

Just alittle reminder that SUPERKENT are at the Oval again tomorrow afternoon/evening in a day/night Pro40 floodlit match , batting -off at (I think) 16-10 , (thats 4-10pm to any slurrey spanners reading this).
Seeing as we,ve done the brownhatters in the Championship , FPT and the 20/20 why not have some fun and laugh at those slurreyboys again.
Will be in the bar area behind the Groundsmans "Hut", between the OCS stand and the Changing rooms about 3-30 if you fancy apint or 2.

Comments

• Options
    tempted to go as a neutral... will delay as long as possible for the weather though
  • Options
    Anyone know what the forecast (not that it really matters) is for tomorrow ?
  • Options
    Could see you there P but like most others who may think of going I will have one eye on the weather before I commit.
    Quiet at work just now, so getting away wouldn't be a problem.
  • Options
    bad forecast, heavy rain on BBC though SKY shows just dark cloud
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Anyone know what the forecast (not that it really matters) is for tomorrow ?[/quote]

Here you go:

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/UKXX0085.html

Follow the links for a more detailed forecast.
  • Options
    55-62 deg.
    Showers possible.
    Just like every other day of this "summer".
    Global warming..................
  • Options
    Blimey, if its rained off (I think) slurrey will have gone 5 games unbeaten !!!
    Okay, 4 of these have been abandoned because of the weather............
  • Options
    11am. Bloody global warming.
  • Options
    Anyone working near The Oval ?
    Any news on pitch inspections ?
  • Options
    Cold and wet evening, think I'll give it a miss
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i think it should be ok the weathers supposed to blow over in the afternoon, just depends how much damage has already been done.
  • Options
    bucketed down this morning in SW london, the wicket would obviously of been covered. I think there should be a chance of play as long as we dont get anymore rain this afternoon.

The outfield normally dries quickly, fingers crossed the super brown caps can go 5 unbeaten.

Then to bring you boys into the relegation dog fight next week......
  • Options
    Is that the team who are only 9 points off the lead ?
  • Options
    indeed it is, and only 12 off relegation.
  • Options
    Kent 227-2 off of 31 overs.

Denly 97* Van Jaarsveld 93
  • Options
    247-3 33.5 overs Denners out for 98
  • Options
    300 + looking good for Kent

21 off the last over. 5 overs left. 270 for 3.
  • Options
    314-6 innings closed
  • Options
    surrey 14-2 off 3 overs
    an albeit jumpy link for anyone intrested without sky.
  • Options
    79-5 happy days now who was that slurrey fan giving it the bigun the other week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yeah, Surrey getting murdered, Van J was called ordinary by that same fella. Do Kent get into div 1 of the T20League if we get promoted this year?
  • Options
    What was with the sledging between Colville and Stewart? It was all getting a little handbags between them.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]yeah, Surrey getting murdered, Van J was called ordinary by that same fella. Do Kent get into div 1 of the T20League if we get promoted this year?[/quote]

Yes...
  • Options
    T20 league starts in 2010 still another year of Pro 40 went to the game the weather was great apart from a chilly wind...
  • Options
    I went too....right about the chilly wind,it caught quite a few folk out who didn't have a jacket to keep the cold out but mostly clear blue skies (at least for Kent's innings) and who'd have forecast that this morning after the downpour?
    Absolutely 'slaughtered them to be honest...Kent are an awsome outfit at present, especially when they're firing on all cylinders!
    Where's that Slurrey 'plonker' Carl''?
  • Options
    i am here. Has that made your season has it??

I never used the word ordianry i used the word mediocre. But to be fair to him and Denley they looked quality.

As i said on the other thread this Surrey side is the worst they have had in years. surrey side in a long time. Two bowlers for Surrey backed up my origional arguement about poor overseas players, Pedro Collins and Matt Nicholson.

Fair play to Kent looked a very good side, but hard to judge against a very weak side. Joseph has come on a lot since i saw him at the Oval at the start of the season. Think the county game could be over in 2 days if we bat first, already started my rain dance.
  • Options
    What's with that Surrey strip? Looked like a pack of brownies.....played like a pack of brownies aswell.
  • Options
    Charlton Carl,

Yeah, Joseph has improved, the boy is bowling with good pace and is hitting better lengths, I think he has learnt a lot this season. I think the 4 day game will be washed out, don't stop your dancing though.
  • Options
    the young lad Denley played an awesome innings, as did Van Jaarsveld and Joseph really impressed me with the new ball

Spent the first innings in the sunshine (and gusty wind) over on the exposed side, then switched to the OCS at half-time to get some shelter, the way those flags were going it looked brutal out in the wind later on!
  • Options
    Sorry i'm late ; busy yesterday with my hangover and celebrating.
    That no-mark Colville got it spot on , and Ramps admitted Slurrey came "third".
    Completed the set (20/20 , FPT , Championship and now the Pro40) against avery ordinary side.
    Great to see (sir) Matty Walker playing aswell.
    Roll on Canterbury.