Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A load of guff and no puff

So once again mr Robinson has talked the talk regarding transfers telling us he wants a quility striker but looks like he going to deliver us nothing new?
I still think we have a very thin squad but apparently no room for josh wright even though he rates him highly?
How about for once we have some quality fighting for their starting place giving him him options?
Sorry to sound a bit harsh but novak starting is not going to get us promoted
Feel this season if he had made a signing or 2 this week we could have a real go this season
But already were starting to show weaknesses
Or was it all talk and the purse was never open?

Comments

• I get the fact he is told or made to feel what he can say and to get the fans fans on side by telling us what we want to hear but hes too much of a yes man keeping the right side of roland for my liking
  • So once again mr Robinson has talked the talk regarding transfers telling us he wants a quility striker but looks like he going to deliver us nothing new?
    I still think we have a very thin squad but apparently no room for josh wright even though he rates him highly?
    How about for once we have some quality fighting for their starting place giving him him options?
    Sorry to sound a bit harsh but novak starting is not going to get us promoted
    Feel this season if he had made a signing or 2 this week we could have a real go this season
    But already were starting to show weaknesses
    Or was it all talk and the purse was never open?

FFS!
  • In one video he said he wanted 2 players per position plus a 5th CB and 3rd striker.

We have that other than the striker. It's a big weakness but other than that I'm not seeing how this is a very thin squad? What were you expecting in terms of numbers?

Yes it includes a unproven youngsters in Dijksteel and KAG (others are more like 3rd/4th choice at best) but we've had at least 1 or 2 break through every season for several years now. I think it's a sensible sized squad other than the striker.
  • Why not wait till tomorrow before reviewing?

• Due to the fact I take little interest in goings on at the valley these days,I really don't have a clue about how good our squad currently is?

Judging by the league table we appear to have made a good start.

Would not signing anyone today really be the end of the world?
  • edited August 2017
    Firstly, you should have realised by now that's there is little point is taking too much notice of what Robinson says. It changes weekly and is just PR talk. it doesn't matter. Just win games (which so far this season he has)

Secondly, the window hasn't shut yet

Thirdly, even if we end the day with the same squad it's not a terrible squad for this level. Thin up top for sure and the goal keeper situation is not ideal but Philips is a decent young keeper and I for one rate Novak higher that most on here. We're very vulnerbale to injuries and suspensions but so are most teams in this division.

• Sponsored links:

• Roland refuses to back manager shock horror............
  • I for one, hope we sign a striker today AND dont let any of our promising young players go, if this happens I will be able to go back to football.
  • I'd sooner we made no more signings rather than bring in someone/anyone for the sake of it
  • edited August 2017
    Is it really any different to almost every manager of every club ?
  • Due to the fact I take little interest in goings on at the valley these days,I really don't have a clue about how good our squad currently is?

Judging by the league table we appear to have made a good start.

Would not signing anyone today really be the end of the world?

Lucky start and
    Poor opponents
  • To be fair the roadworks around Kidbrooke and Southeastern's closure of charing Cross, waterloo east and London bridge this week has likely hindered progress on signing a striker until January.

Plus all the uncertainty of Brexit and the weather in Texas.

So not really the club's fault at all.

this deserves a flag as you have deliberately omitted North Korea
  • We haven't nearly got 2 players per position:
    Right back: Solly plus who Barnes? Very young, inexperienced, weirdly used as left back cover if at all; Konsa? also young, not a right back, exposed often when forced to fill in at rb.
    Left back: Dasilva (not ours) plus who Page? Almost permanently injured and last season that counted as a blessing cos I haven't seen a less well equipped professional footballer in Charlton red since Matt Fry last seen released by conference Dartford.
    I could go on...
    If Gobbinson tells me it's raining, I go outside to check, not cos I think he's dishonest, just ludicrous. roly and latrine pronounce some of the sorts of things they think we should want to hear but we know they're dishonest and they couldn't recognise "a squad to challenge for promotion to the championship" anyway.
    FSG and we are lumbered with another significantly underpowered squad; injuries, suspensions and bad luck will erode the resources, results will inevitably decline and FSG will carry the can