Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Davo55 said:

They can bugger right off

Weren't Everton sniffing around last season?

Let's think... Everton, Charlton, or Colchester?

I know which one I think is in last place...
  • Options
    Surely even Roland isn't that desperate for cash?
  • Options
    I can only assume they genuinely don't know how highly he's rated? He's only been linked with Ajax this summer.
  • Options
    Think it's worth us making a cheeky bid for Kyle walker peters?

Absolutely laughable
  • Options
    cheeky essex slags
  • Options
    This is where the ending of emergency loans is hurting players. A 1 to 3 month loan with a recall notice would be perfect for Djiksteel, as he would get first team action, but could still be recalled
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Anferrnee Djiksteel?

Was his dad Tony Angelino???

• Options
    We must keep this lad IF only for his name... Magnificent!
  • Options
    Far to early to decide how good he is.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Far to early to decide how good he is.....

Obviously but this would be like selling Gomez the season before he broke through as we didn't know how good he'd be, though we knew there was a chance he'd be very good.
  • Options
    Like Konsa, this guy is the real deal.
  • Options
    I'd forgotten about the supposed Everton and AJax interest. It seems a little thin to me, but here's the article from SLP.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/15955/charlton-keen-tie-deal-midfielder-everton-ajax-interested/

Note, Rich Cawley is usually very trustworthy, but this feels a bit like an agent leaking something to try to get a new/better deal.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I'd forgotten about the supposed Everton and AJax interest. It seems a little thin to me, but here's the article from SLP.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/15955/charlton-keen-tie-deal-midfielder-everton-ajax-interested/

Note, Rich Cawley is usually very trustworthy, but this feels a bit like an agent leaking something to try to get a new/better deal.

Then give him a better deal.
    If he goes on to be anywhere near as good as many think he will then it's money well spent
  • Options

SDAddick said:

If he goes on to be anywhere near as good as many think he will then it's money well spent
    That was from 7 months ago anyway.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

He signed until 2020 in February.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/595526a82698c/news-anfernee-dijksteel-commits-future-to-charlton
  • Options

SDAddick said:

He got his better deal.

Most lads of his age are first desperate to play matches and establish themselves.

Okay, if they get signed by a Prem side, they get prestige and money that an ordinary lad of their age can only dream of - but they'll know it's more likely they're stuck in that Development team for a couple of years; it's no substitute for playing in the atmosphere of a League match.

Get a season in the Charlton 1st team is the stepping stone he needs right now.
    If he's good enough, with luck he'll get a good opportunity to step up a level once he's shown what he can do.

• Options
    Can't we just release Crofts on a free ffs
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Leuth said:

Don't you think an experienced old head like Crofts brings some value to the team and dressing room?

Assist for our first yesterday...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Oggy Red said:

Leuth said:

Don't you think an experienced old head like Crofts brings some value to the team and dressing room?

Could use Jacko like experience on the field still
  • Options
    If they want a RB, can't we give them Barnes instead. Wasn't impressed with him at Crawley and think a loan deal will do him some good.
  • Options

If they want a RB, can't we give them Barnes instead. Wasn't impressed with him at Crawley and think a loan deal will do him some good.

Barnes was at LB vs Crawley in pre-season he looked boss at RB.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Someone was liiistening
  • Options
    Leuth said:

they listened ....can you get them to sign lambert now ?
  • Options
    Sign Adam Lambert please, Katrien
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Rickie?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Barnes was at LB vs Crawley in pre-season he looked boss at RB.
    no he didn't look 'boss' at all, he looked ok. If he were that good, he wouldn't have been dropped for a promising young CM playing out of position.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

decent on Americal Idol, but could he do it on a cold Tuesday night in Scunthorpe?