Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

US Open 2017

My favourite Grand Slam.

Kyle Edmunds through first round.

Comments

• Hope Tomic gets beaten.
  • It's over! Brooks Koepka won it in June.
  • Johanna Konta and Heather Watson both out.
  • Riviera said:

It's over! Brooks Koepka won it in June.

eh?
  • SamB09 said:

Riviera said:

It's over! Brooks Koepka won it in June.

eh?
    Golf
  • Now live on 5Live.
  • Riviera said:

Johanna Konta and Heather Watson both out.

Really disappointing for Konta to go out in the first round
  • If I was a betting man I would put some money on Sloane Stephens.
  • Sharapova beat world number 2 Simona Halep in 3 sets 6-4 4-6 6-3
  • half of the men's top 10 are out injured/knackered .. really devalues the tournament unfortunately
  • Sponsored links:

• Kerber beaten by teenager Naomi Osaka 6-3 6-1
  • Nadal through after an early wobble. Raining hard so everything not on the covered Arthur Ashe court has been cancelled for the day.
    Federer due on about 3am BST.
  • Federer eventually gets through against Tiafoe in 5 sets
    4-6 6-2 6-1 1-6 6-4
  • Federer eventually gets through against Tiafoe in 5 sets
    4-6 6-2 6-1 1-6 6-4

Blimey, can you imagine viewing figures, with all the stars missing, if Federer crashed out early as well!

Bit of a cockup really that Murray's late withdrawal means that Federer is stuck with being 3rd seed, and thus due to play Nadal in the semis and not the final
  • My favourite Grand Slam.

Kyle Edmunds through first round.

You prefer it to Wimbledon?
  • Watching the Kyrgios lose the first set of his match, it's clear he doesn't give a shit if he wins or not, putting absolutely no effort in whatsoever!

The guy is a complete twat.
  • Watching the Kyrgios lose the first set of his match, it's clear he doesn't give a shit if he wins or not, putting absolutely no effort in whatsoever!

Loses 3-1...

Loses 3-1...
    He didn't want to be there in the 1st set, decided to turn up in the second and breezed it. dropped serve early in the 3rd and had a medical time out to massage his shoulder, lost the set and then went through the motions in the 4th rather than drop out.

He is clearly talented and may well have been genuinely injured, but, he seems to think his talent alone will take him to the top without having to put the relentless hours of training in that Rafa, Murray, Novak etc do.

Reminds me a bit of Watt.
  • I can't get my head around sports people like Kyrgios.

To get to that kind of level in any sport, regardless of your natural talent, takes a huge amount of work from a very young age and requires continued work to stay at that kind of level of skill and fitness. Even if it is not your peak potential, being even just a top 100 tennis player means you are bloody good at tennis and very fit. I mean, why go through all that effort between matches only to just say "ah, fuck it, I might sack this one off" when it gets to match day? Just makes no sense.
  • 22 years old, 5 million+ in prize money whilst giving it 80% effort.

Either realize how much you could achieve by giving it 100% or give up, find something you do really want to do.

It's not really the Aussie way to just go about like it means nothing and not even try to compete, it's the same with Tomic.
  • Sponsored links:

• 4th seed Alexander Zverev out in 4 sets...

Edmund beats Steve Jonson in straight sets, and will face Denis Shapovalov in the 3rd round, after the Canadian knocked out Tsonga in straight sets!

A great opportunity for Edmund in this tournament
  • 7th seed Grigor Dimitrov out in straight sets...
  • Crazy how the men's seeds are crashing out, not kept up with the women's draw, is that following a similar pattern?
  • Crazy how the men's seeds are crashing out, not kept up with the women's draw, is that following a similar pattern?

I've no idea who the women's seeds are at the moment, other than a couple! Kerber and Konta out
  • Just looked and it's pretty similar, Halep, and Wozniaki have gone so with Kerber and Konta thats 2, 5, 6, and 7 out, plus a fair few of the lower seeds have gone.
  • Federer loses the 2nd set of his match with Youzhny, 1-1 in sets.
  • fed 1-2 down in sets
  • Seems to have back problems
  • Fed wins in 5 for second match running. He must be feeling it at his age. Hopefully he'll have a easier match next.
  • Edmund won the first set against Shapovalov.