Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

DIY/Door help

DA9DA9
edited August 2008 in Not Sports Related
Not being a DIY bod, need to change a door barrel/fitting on a living room door.

Now, are they generic, do I need to find out a size/gauge etc.

Thanks in ignorance

Comments

• When is a door not a door ?
  • The only difference should be the spindle that comes in different sizes so If you take the existing one off and with you, you should be able to get an exact match mate.
  • [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]When is a door not a door ?

when its a window?
  • no got it now when its a jar?
  • Correct me old tip buddy
  • stig of the dump
  • DA9DA9
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]The only difference should be the spindle that comes in different sizes so If you take the existing one off and with you, you should be able to get an exact match mate.

Cheers GHE

I assume B&Q/Homebase can match them etc?
  • i bought some new door handles recently if thats what you are doing, but for some bizarre reason the old barrels (if that's what they are called) are all now too long as are the new ones, so I will have to cut them all down a bit.
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]i bought some new door handles recently if thats what you are doing, but for some bizarre reason the old barrels (if that's what they are called) are all now too long as are the new ones, so I will have to cut them all down a bit.

Bloody confusing, you can tell I work in an office and always have done.
  • even better, I always believed hand saws were made with a square on the handle so you could use it as a set square for 90 degrees and and 45 degrees - most usefully (something your Dad tells you when you're young).

Anyway the one I have at the moment which I thought was square, isn't.... despite being from a major tool manufacturer. It was like finding out the tooth fairy is made up, plus it accounted for a lot of my cuts being wonky..

(tres dull I know)
  • Sponsored links:

• When D asks me to do anything, I say "Do it yourself"....
  • [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]When D asks me to do anything, I say "Do it yourself"....

Damn right, if she wants equality, open your own bloody door
  • I tell her "Did Suffragettes suffer for nothing ,woman?"....
  • does she chain her self up then Fishnets ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]does she chain her self up then Fishnets ?

Thats an idea....."Stay there D, I'm off up The Alma"......
  • [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]does she chain her self up then Fishnets ?

Take her up the wrong un ( the pub in Bexleyheath)
  • as DA9 says mate "u do worry me" if she is chained up u aint gota say "stay there" more worrying is after geting the shackles on you would want to go to the Alma !! have they got some bird behind the jump that looks like she is on drugs and needs a good lunch then ?

still as a mate if your up the Alma and D needs some help with the chains etc make sure she has me mobile !!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]does she chain her self up then Fishnets ?

Take her up the wrong un ( the pub in Bexleyheath)

As long as The Black Boy (pub in Blackfen) is not involved......;-)