Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Incredible talent or lying about his age?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/meet-youssoufa-moukoko-the-12-year-old-wonderkid-taking-borussia-/1tqlyesv5b8cg19za1vx496emn

For those who don't want to click the link:

The highly touted youngster is the top scorer at Under-17 level in Germany, despite playing against opponents three and four years older than him
Three games into the 2017-18 Junior Bundesliga West season, a Borussia Dortmund striker tops the goalscoring charts with eight goals to his name. Amazingly, the hot prospect is four years younger than most of the other players on the list, with 12-year-old Youssoufa Moukoko already being heralded as a future star for club and country.

The Cameroon-born youngster moved to Germany with his father Joseph in 2014, and immediately stood out for St Pauli's Under-15 side, scoring 21 goals in 12 games as an 11-year-old. A transfer to Dortmund followed, where he starred again at the same age level. With BVB's U-15 panel, Moukoko continued his incredible scoring ratio, netting 33 goals in 15 games.

Comments

• always difficult to tell .. a team mate of my son's (many years ago) was 6' 2" when he was twelve, was built like Anthony Joshua's big brother and could do the 100 metres in about 11 seconds .. thing is, he was the same size ten years later, albeit a lot slower
  • Well, we'll see how it turns out. But two words: Cherno Samba .
  • Bet he couldn't score past our Nigerian 12 year old keeper.
  • cafcfan said:

Well, we'll see how it turns out. But two words: Cherno Samba .

And Freddy Adu
  • bellz2002 said:

cafcfan said:

And Freddy Adu
    And sonny pike
  • He doesn't look 12.
  • There is absolutely no way he is 12. None whatsoever
  • And Paul Bacon.
  • Sponsored links:

I agree there has to be some doubt as to his age.......however to say there is no way he is 12 is stretching it a bit.
    I can remember some big lads my age when I was 12 and anomalies from equatorial Africa may well throw up quite a few examples of an even more extreme nature.
    I expect this will receive some further investigation.
  • Joseph Minala was 17 when he broke into the Lazio team. Pictured here.

There is no way this guy is 17, he looks nearer to retirement!
  • 12 my arse !

There were reports from Cameroon that he was actually 42 (which to be fair he does look)
  • I remember at the time the Italian fa got involved and confirmed he was 17. How they verified it I don't know

He looks older than me.
    I think it's a fair bet to say he is taller than you....even when he is sitting down.
  • I remember at the time the Italian fa got involved and confirmed he was 17. How they verified it I don't know

They probably just looked somebody else's passport.
  • edited August 2017

There is absolutely no way he is 12. None whatsoever

I can remember some big lads my age when I was 12

Some 12 year olds are bigger than you now.

And that's just the girls.

He looks older than me.
    I think it's a fair bet to say he is taller than you....even when he is sitting down.
    Not heard that one before Dicky.

Try another one mate.
  • Sponsored links:

Apparently, a trip to the dentist is a quick & easy way to determine someone's age............

There were reports from Cameroon that he was actually 42 (which to be fair he does look)
    I think a 42 year old breaking into the Lazio team would be a story in itself.
  • I played football with a black lad who, at 12, was like lightning. Amazing player. Small but nimble. Impossible to get the ball off him.

By the time we were 15 we'd all got bigger and stronger and he was barely average.

Another lad was 6'2" at 12. Absolutely plundered goals for fun. By 15 he was the same size but just the same as everyone else talent-wise.
    He freely admitted he didn't know his age as he'd arrived in the U.K. Without much documentation. That was pretty common 30 years ago I think. Age was based on mental capacity at the time.

You'd think nowadays there's more science applied but this "problem" isn't new. Still fascinating when it comes up though.

Cut him in half and counted the rings?
  • We had a Nigerian join us at primary school in Dartford and when we had cricket practice he broke a stump with one of his deliveries
  • bellz2002 said:

cafcfan said:

And Freddy Adu
    And sonny pike

bellz2002 said:

cafcfan said:

And Freddy Adu
    And sonny pike
    And Pu Edam

They sawed his leg off and counted the rings.
  • This is ridiculous but some of these African lads can be absolutely massive for their age.

There is a young Sudanese who plays against my son in Under-11s and he is virtually six feet tall - the rest of the players don't even reach his upper chest height wise.

Not forgetting the young 'Rodzilla' - AKA Rod Blake - who played for the Wallabies in the front-row.

At aged 15 young Rod was 6' 3" tall and weighed in at a modest 150Kgs, fuck knows where they bought his school uniforms.