Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Primus deal called off?

WSSWSS
edited August 2008 in Rumours
Not sure what to make of this - hate the website and its a bit unclear but hey:

http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=122148

Comments

• it was my understanding this was part of the thomas deal?
  • Wasn't he supposed to be joining us today (Wednesday), so perhaps it will become clearer today.

Couldn't ever see it being a season long loan to start with anyway - Primus was only given a year contract in the summer, so it would be a bit pointless of them so sign him up for a year, and then loan him out.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]it was my understanding this was part of the thomas deal?

depending on how his recovery from injury progressed.

I would wait until somewhere/one with a bit more credence than that site says something to be honest.
  • Hence "Rumours". :-)
  • From what 'Appy 'Arry says, it's evident that he says he's prepared to lend Primus until the 'end of the year'.

Everybody seems to have jumped to the conclusion - that meant until the end of the season ......?
    Including the OS.
  • On SSN now that Pompey have called off the loan....:(
  • When I listened to Pards post match comments he was a little circumspect about how long he was coming for. I guess we'll know sooner or later. Time is running out so unless we've got somebody else lined up, I would have thought we'd rather have him until the next window when presumably we'll look for somebody else?
  • no not good
  • Well thats a blow if true.

Always wondered why Pards said he was waiting until Weds to get him at The Valley
  • SSN have been known to get things wrong before, they probably just read the same thing as you WSS!

The way its being reported is that we want him for the season, and Pompey only want to loan him out til the new year.

I bet the board/Henry love Pardew for announcing Primus was coming before it was all tied up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Could be many things (if even true). Maybe his injury is not responding.Could be we have told him he wont go straight in to the team. Who knows.

If true then i hope to hell we can do some last min deal somewhere, we cant risk going te whole season with two centre backs.
  • Personally don't think this is a disaster.

He hasn't played for ages, came back pre season and got a reocurrence of the injury.

Think it's asking for trouble to be honest.

Would much rather Cranie and maybe McShane - although he's also had injury problems.
  • Now confirmed on the BBC.....
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Personally don't think this is a disaster.

He hasn't played for ages, came back pre season and got a reocurrence of the injury.

Think it's asking for trouble to be honest.

Would much rather Cranie and maybe McShane - although he's also had injury problems.

should be careful what you say, you will have Rothko after you !!
  • I hope people don't overreact now when he goes to another Championship club on a six month loan.

I think the club are right. We only want players who are committed to CAFC for the season.
  • perhaps old arry boy has got the hump with us after realizing how poor JT really is
  • doesn't bode well for the Cranie deal, soured relations and all that. Plus how does this tie in with the Thomas 'small fee' deal. It was assumed this was because a loan or two was coming our way.
  • edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]I hope people don't overreact now when he goes to another Championship club on a six month loan.

I think the club are right. We only want players who are committed to CAFC for the season.

Agreed
  • edited August 2008
    The story's now on bbc sport, so I'm thinking it's true.

Back to square one! Why don't we just grab Jonathan Evans from United or something.
  • none of know the ins and outs of the deal i agree we need someone who is to be here for a season, i am sure that there must have been some deal in place over the JT issue and we must wait and see i reckon cranie coming may suit both clubs more
  • Sponsored links:

• "Why don't we just grab Jonathan Evans from United or something."

Because he's a far better player than we'd get. Hasn't he been linked with Blackburn and Sunderland? If so then we'd have no chance.
  • edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]doesn't bode well for the Cranie deal, soured relations and all that. Plus how does this tie in with the Thomas 'small fee' deal. It was assumed this was because a loan or two was coming our way.

Erm hang on Large, we don't know the circumstances, so to say this has soured our relationship with Pompey/Harry is a bit premature don't you think?
    It might have done but then again it might not....who knows?
  • edited August 2008
    "Because he's a far better player than we'd get. Hasn't he been linked with Blackburn and Sunderland? If so then we'd have no chance. "

No idea. I'd think playing for Charlton at the top-end of the championship when we only have two CBs would be quite an attractive prospect for a talented youngster somewhere though.
  • im not too bothered by this, we all know we need a season long loan. what would happen if he was great then had to go back to pompey?would balls us right up. dont think we'll get johnny evans, but i still think Cranie could be a great peace-offering from the o-so-loyal Harry.
  • I think we should adopt a wait and see game.

I would expect the Primus move was included in the Thomas deal, so if there has been a problem arising from that, some other compromise will be reached.
  • I only hope that Pards has something up his sleve as the 1st of sept isn't too far away & Iwouldnt want to get to Saturday without any singing iminent.

I echo bing's comments - why not have him until xmas & in the meantime get someone in place to come in in January, at least we would have cover. at this rate we'll get nobody.

had to moan about something I suppose.
  • Just a thought because people keep mentioning Cranie but do we even know if Harry wants to loan him out?

Whilst i can obviously see why Pards only wants season long loans, i don't see why he doesn't take Primus until xmas simply because we're desperate for a centre back and who knows what will happen at xmas. With Johnson, Lauren, Pamarot, Campbell, Distin, Kaboul, Cranie, Hreidarsson and Traore, theres every chance that Harry will decide at xmas that he doesn't even need Primus back.
  • golfie is back golfie is back ay o ay o
  • He's old, he's brash
    His wrists he wants to slash
    Golfie, Golfie!!!

(Only kidding Golfie!)
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]
    had to moan about something I suppose.

lol, Golfie!

Moaning about nothing to moan about, after the Reading match......(!)

:o)