Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Po, the Tellytubby. And Tinky Winky used to be but is now boycotting the club and is in a strop because we binned the purple third kit.
  • Tintin. He's related apparently.

• Cruella Deville was spotted in the directors box on Saturday in a new coat.
  • Kim Jong-Il

obviously
  • Cory Gibbs
  • Del Boy and DaveRodney
  • Solidgone said:

Del Boy and DaveRodney

Don't forget their late Mum.
  • DCI Ross Tanner (Clive Owen in Second Sight)
  • Sponsored links:

• Humpty Dumpty

That's Ben Reeves!
  • Djimi traore said we'd be the first score he looked at in the paper. He was a fictional footballer

Expliquez, s'il vous plaît.
  • cafcwill said:

A serious one here. The 7th Doctor (Sylvester McCoy) 's companion ACE was a Charlton fan. Watch the first episode of 'Silver Nemesis' and at the start Ace says "wicked, Charlton got 3 points on Saturday"

(yes I'm a geek)

Aren't we all either geeks or trainspotters?
  • Margaret Thatcher when her son Ben was playing for us...
  • Does Rodney Trotter count as fictional? His middle name was Charlton and named after the club
  • Not forgetting Phil Collins, as Buster.

'cor blimey Charlton won on Saturday and Eddie Firmani got an 'at trick'

• Sponsored links:

Was he mimicking Dick Van Dycke?
  • cafcwill said:

A serious one here. The 7th Doctor (Sylvester McCoy) 's companion ACE was a Charlton fan. Watch the first episode of 'Silver Nemesis' and at the start Ace says "wicked, Charlton got 3 points on Saturday"

(yes I'm a geek)

Pretty sure in my yoof, I saw her being interviewed on, I don't know, Blue Peter or something and the characters outfit included a bomber jacket covered in patches and badges and she pointed out the Charlton badge on it.
    I think a lot of my mates fancied her but I had recently discovered Daphne from Neighbours so was no longer interested in Dr Who....
  • Does Rodney Trotter count as fictional? His middle name was Charlton and named after the club

Yes, Rodney Trotter is fictional.
    Rodney was Chelsea and Del's dad and probably grandad Millwall. Was their dear old mum and Rodder's old man Freddie the Frog who were Charlton.

Del is never explicitly disclosed although possibly Palace as there is a palace scarf by the door in episode one.

Sullivan said once he never wanted to explicitly outline footballing allegiances so as to not alienate supporters of other clubs.

Buster - not a fictional character: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buster_Edwards

Buster - not a fictional character: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buster_Edwards
    Not sure if he really was a Charlton fan . I read an interview where the Director admittted it was used as a device to get his favourite team Man City mentioned . That is who Firmani scored against .

No, that's true.
  • edited August 2017
    Fumbluff said:

cafcwill said:

(yes I'm a geek)

Pretty sure in my yoof, I saw her being interviewed on, I don't know, Blue Peter or something and the characters outfit included a bomber jacket covered in patches and badges and she pointed out the Charlton badge on it.
    I think a lot of my mates fancied her but I had recently discovered Daphne from Neighbours so was no longer interested in Dr Who....
    That would be right as in the story immediately before Silver Nemesis, called The Happiness Patrol, Ace was asked where her off world badge was, and she responded by saying "Badge? I've got a badge, this one's Charlton Athletic" while pointing to her bomber jacket.

Yes, I'm a geek too.
  • Fumbluff said:

cafcwill said:

(yes I'm a geek)

That would be right as in the story immediately before Silver Nemesis, called The Happiness Patrol, Ace was asked where her off world badge was, and she responded by saying "Badge? I've got a badge, this one's Charlton Athletic" while pointing to her bomber jacket.

Yes, I'm a geek too.
    She went to Blackheath High Girls School, around the same time as my sister, so I make her out to be a local girl.