Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

OPEN MIC OPPORTUNITIES ((:>)

Unaccompanied 'stars' .. what a fecking racket from most of them ((:>)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67w4om8_UyM

Comments

• Not surprised by how Mariah Carey sounded.
  • Bieber sounds very suspicious - autotune?
  • Saga Lout said:

Bieber sounds very suspicious - autotune?

They're all on auto tune
    I read an article (I can't remember the producer) and he said EVERY major artists voice goes though auto tune or pitch corrector in the studio, it's the elephant in the room. In the old days if they were out they used to record maybe one line that was edited in by the sound editor and engineer, this would happen until they got it right.
    Unfortunately so many 'artists' now use auto tune live, back in the day you had to be good.
  • Greenie said:

Saga Lout said:

Bieber sounds very suspicious - autotune?

They're all on auto tune
    I read an article (I can't remember the producer) and he said EVERY major artists voice goes though auto tune or pitch corrector in the studio, it's the elephant in the room. In the old days if they were out they used to record maybe one line that was edited in by the sound editor and engineer, this would happen until they got it right.
    Unfortunately so many 'artists' now use auto tune live, back in the day you had to be good.
    I must get an autotune setup myself - mine you it probably needs some reference point to give it a clue...
  • They are not musicians, if they cant even write there own songs.
  • shine166 said:

They are not musicians, if they cant even write there own songs.

Yes they are. By it's definition 'musician' means someone who plays a musical instrument or is musically talented.
  • edited July 2017

shine166 said:

Yes they are. By it's definition 'musician' means someone who plays a musical instrument or is musically talented.
    so, does karaoke make you a musician ?
  • edited July 2017
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Is the person singing on the karaoke good at it? and are you suggesting that everyone who gives karaoke a go is musically talented?
  • I can't believe just sat and watched that video.
  • shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Is the person singing on the karaoke good at it? and are you suggesting that everyone who gives karaoke a go is musically talented?
    Im responding to you lol... you never stated if said person playing a instrument was good or not.

If you cant play a instrument, cant write songs and only sing with autotune.... you are not a musician
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Im responding to you lol... you never stated if said person playing a instrument was good or not.

If you cant play a instrument, cant write songs and only sing with autotune.... you are not a musician
    Says who?
  • Your voice is an instrument.
  • Solidgone said:

Your voice is an instrument.

Not if it need auto tune to work ffs !

• shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Says who?
    Me.

Xfactor for example isn't musicians... it's singers.
  • Karaoke can fool some people into thinking they're singers. I auditioned a guy for my band some years ago - he was a karaoke singer - his voice was great, suited our style well but he had no ti......ming - he relied on the words changing colour to give him a clue - useless in a "real" band setting.
  • shine166 said:

I'm sure the members of the London Symphony Orchestra, Berlin Philharmonic, etc, etc would concur......
  • https://youtube.com/watch?v=YLS29AE6rqw

No one can convince me that she is a musician.
  • cafcfan said:

shine166 said:

I'm sure the members of the London Symphony Orchestra, Berlin Philharmonic, etc, etc would concur......
    Yer... because that's relevant in the context of the posts lineage. Read through the rest first ;)
  • shine166 said:

cafcfan said:

shine166 said:

Yer... because that's relevant in the context of the posts lineage. Read through the rest first ;)
    They don't write their own songs, though. Which was the main premise of your post.
  • edited July 2017
  • Sponsored links:

• As it Tattoo time, should bagpipes be auto tuned?
  • shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

but that isn't what you said initially.
  • shine166 said:

Elvis, Diana Ross, Elton John, Frank Sinatra and Marvin Gaye aren't musicians?