Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gig spy

Comments

• ARW at Bournemouth.BIC - YES in all but name (i.e the version of Yes with the one and only Jon Anderson) - great gig.
    The Stranglers at Southampton Guildhall -no between songs patter, just straight into it cooking rock and roll. Great playing, awesome gig.

Saw The Stranglers at Brixton last month, my 32nd time seeing them yet still fresh and brilliant!
    Duchess was an 80's classic.
  • Blackbirds at Barbican Hall last Friday. Tribute to the great Donald Byrd, great gig lots of Jazz Funk classics. Still 3 original members of the Blackbyrds from the seventies and Donald Byrds son and the famous producer Larry Mizzel guest appearances.
  • 7 days until The Stone Roses at Wembley.

Looking forward to it. A present from my nephew, after I took him to the Dublin gig last year.
  • Oakster said:

Just done a 2 day festival in California - some of my favourite bands - Beachwood Sparks, Tyde, Gospelbeach, Heron Oblivion, Allah-Las, Robin Hitchcock, Galaxie 500 all set in a beauriful a vineyard in Sonoma.

@Oakster looking up these bands, your recommendations always hit the spot for me. Saw Underhill Rose tonight, fantastic playing and wonderful harmonies, albeit more roots than indie. Support Jonas and Jane, from Guildford were excellent too
  • Going to see (the reunited!) Guns N Roses at the Olympic Stadium on Saturday.
  • addickson said:

Oakster said:

Just done a 2 day festival in California - some of my favourite bands - Beachwood Sparks, Tyde, Gospelbeach, Heron Oblivion, Allah-Las, Robin Hitchcock, Galaxie 500 all set in a beauriful a vineyard in Sonoma.

@Oakster looking up these bands, your recommendations always hit the spot for me. Saw Underhill Rose tonight, fantastic playing and wonderful harmonies, albeit more roots than indie. Support Jonas and Jane, from Guildford were excellent too
    Thanks @addickson I will check out the two you mention as well - the first 3 on my post have been around for years, all inter-connected in terms of members & I absolutely love them - great music. I should have given @NapaAddick a shout as we spent Saturday morning in Napa itself - lovely part of the world...
  • A mate said he had a spare ticket for Depeche Mode at the 02 in November.

I agreed to take it before he told me it was £80!

I was a big fan of their stuff in the 80's and have a big vinyl collection of theirs, but that is still a lot of dough. Hopefully the ticket includes a backstage pass.
  • Saw alt-j at the o2 last night, absolutely brilliant.
  • Guns N Roses were exceptional at Olympic Stadium yesterday. Slash is the best lead guitarist I think I've ever seen live.
  • Stone Roses at Wembley last night.
    Absolutely brilliant, probably the best gig I've ever been to and I've been to hundreds.
    I can't remember a better one.
    Ian Brown's voice was really good, just like the old days.
    The stadium was rocking from start to finish and I've never seen so many and so many different coloured hand held "flares". Utterly brilliant 11/10.

PS Sleaford Mods - wtf 0/10 one geezer ranting & swearing for half an hour, whilst a Roger Johnson look a like, stands behind him, literally doing nothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• addickson said:

Oakster said:

If you are looking up these bands then Robyn Hitchcock is well worth a listen
  • cafctom said:

Guns N Roses were exceptional at Olympic Stadium yesterday. Slash is the best lead guitarist I think I've ever seen live.

Was there and thought he has to be the greatest rock/metal guitarist of all time apart from Hendrix. Incredible even in his 50s
  • Just out from seeing The Birthday Massacre in Boston, and I can say they were 'kin awesome. Best gig in a smallish venue I've been to in a long time.
  • Flogging Molly Thursday night at the O2 Kentish Town.
  • saw ELO at Wembley Stadium last Saturday night, was absolutely brilliant - the 10 pints helped
  • saw ELO at Wembley Stadium last Saturday night, was absolutely brilliant - the 10 pints helped

Mr blue sky, mr blue sky, I'm lying on the floor and see you....

Classic ELO.
  • not strictly a gig but Adele tomorrow night at Wembley.

Saturday night off to Ally Pally as @RedArmySE7 came up trumps with tickets for the Maccabees (& Mystery Jets)
  • If anyone has any spares for the FF gig at the 02 in September please pm me. Missed out on the general sale.
  • If anyone has any spares for the FF gig at the 02 in September please pm me. Missed out on the general sale.

I was lucky enough to get 2 in the presale. Tried to get more when they went on general sale, but sold out in 2 minutes!!
  • edited July 2017
    Last week at Hyde Park -

Kings of Leon supported by The Pixies 8/10. Both were very good, although K of L don't put on a performance. They just play and sing.

The Killers supported by Tears for Fears & Elbow. TFF were surprisingly good Curt Smith's voice was very good.
    Elbow were good if not great & The Killers smashed it, as they always do. 9/10
  • Sponsored links:

Same here! I was on holiday when they went on sale and had did not even hear about the gig until I returned.

Managed to get QOTSA tickets for Wembley though!
  • Rock Goddess at The Borderline Charing Cross Rd. Excellent in every way. 2nd time seeing them since their reformation and this one was tons better. They're All Metal, yes they are. Just like it's 1983 all over again.
    The Mission last November in Kentish Town were surprisingly good. They rattled through the set, 'Wasteland' in particular at a pace at which The Ramones would have been proud, without much interaction with the crowd, or each other for that matter, but then Wayne always was a miserable beggar. Good mix of ancient and modern, which was handy as, bar a couple of cheap compilations, the only studio albums I possess are the first and most recent. I'm not sure Hinkler was much enamoured of his evening but he and all on stage performed excellently for the 90+ minutes.
  • Blimey, I thought The Mission had jacked it in 20 years ago.
  • Saw Foster the people at Somerset house.
    Good atmosphere and some good new stuff.
    New album out next week.
  • Foals on Sunday, they never disappoint.
  • Foals on Sunday, they never disappoint.

Gigs been cancelled mate - the singer's a little horse...

:-)
  • Cinematic Orchestra at Somerset House were very good on Saturday. Some of the audience though treated more like a garden party and persisted in talking throughout or facing the wrong way.
  • Got tickets to see The Killers at the O2.

I got 3 :-)

Got first call on the firm's box for these :smiley: