Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nicky Bailey

edited August 2008 in Rumours
Just had a reliable tip off from source at Southend we have just bid half mill for Nicky Bailey anyone know anything about him???

Comments

• Heard he goes well with ice
  • went to school with him. Centre midfielder. Think he went to Sutton then Barnet onto Southend.

I dont know much about him as a player tho
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Bailey

Another ex-non league player. Didn't we learn our lesson when we bought that Mark Kinsella bloke.
  • has a brother called Bill who wont come home.
  • A player called Bailey. In midfield for Charlton. Naa, will never happen.
  • Can't be any truth whatsoever, we only ever send players to Southend, not the other way.
  • Southend, the only seaside town in the world you can get crabs for free
  • I'd like it to be honest - I know a couple of Shrimpers and they rave about him. Scores a few goals too if I recall

Shame the review is from Steve Claridge - he's only fractionally less clueless than Dowie
  • Sounds the kind of player we need, if only he had a YouTube video!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2008
    His dad runs(and possibly mum) The Bricklayers in Forest Hill/Sydenham (opposite where the old cop shop used to be) one or two Addicks get in there ....though his dad is a Chelsea man! Funnily enough I had a few in there after the Dulwich game and heard there was some interest.
    He was voted Southend player of the year last season by the players.No nonsense aggresive mid fielder as I understand it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I'd like it to be honest - I know a couple of Shrimpers and they rave about him. Scores a few goals too if I recall

Shame the review is from Steve Claridge - he's only fractionally less clueless than Dowie

12 goals from midfield last season. I'm warming to him
  • we paid 50k less to Barnet around the same time to get Sinclair. Maybe Pards has realised he got the wrong man !!
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I'd like it to be honest - I know a couple of Shrimpers and they rave about him. Scores a few goals too if I recall

And its the granuiad, must be complete bull***
  • According to my Shrimper friend:

Could be true. He is on the transfer list having requested to double his wages when we tried to renegotiate his contract.

Very good all-action central midfielder. We got him from Barnet last season for 175k, easily won our player of the year, got about a dozen goals and was a one-man team sometimes. Is a South Londoner as well.

So would make sense. If you signed him you'd like him. And I'd be gutted!
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]He looks like a right nutta

Wouldn't want to mess with Nick Baily

GIIIIIIIIIIIIINGEEEEERRRRRR ALERT
  • Hmm. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but this bloke could be useful for us.

I just hope they've got a centre back in their sights as well!
  • he is a chelsea fan as well, comes from fulham
  • edited August 2008
    Southend reject offer from Palace

http://www.southendunited.premiumtv.co.uk/
  • Sponsored links:

• shoulda known it wasn't us, we only like freebies :)
  • Now thats a horrible top
  • it is still with us at the moment watch this space however there may be a few details to sort out none the making of cafc
  • if we have made an offer maybe it's been accepted but why publicise you have turned down an offer from Palace ?
    Also seen that they have already signed a direct replacememt, a midfielder from Chelsea. Fingers crossed !!
  • edited August 2008
  • edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Southend reject offer from Palace

The Website says it's us that have bid

Bid Rejected
  • Well he's on the transfer list and they already have their replacement signed so it's just a case of meeting their valuation
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Southend reject offer from Palace

The Website says it's us that have bid

Bid Rejected

It did say it was Palace earlier. Curiouser and curiouser.

Now if they were only like our own dear, poll topping, official site and had not said anything ; - )
  • edited August 2008
    I am sure when I read the first link it said palarse. Now it says Charlton. I'm getting on a bit but I thought my eyesight was alright.

Quickfire Henry beat me by 4 seconds.
  • [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]Well he's on the transfer list and they already have their replacement signed so it's just a case of meeting their valuation

Except we ain't got any money...