Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

edited August 2017 in Rumours
Might aswell get in early while it's on my mind.

I'll start it off with this latest blog post from Ketts, http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201705&date=20170501&time=2204

Wilson being linked is interesting, other than being a good bloke I can't see much quality he brings to the squad. Also with him and Hodson linked I can't help but worry for Solly's future here, selling him would trump Holmes, Aribo and Konsa put together for me.

Comments

• Would love to see Wilson back - not sure he'd fit into this insistent 4-2-3-1 though
  • May I be the first to say I'm going to be ignoring this thread and only reading the 'signed' threads?
  • I jokingly said he was nailed on to return because he liked my tweet saying I'd love to see him back.

Probably came from that :)
  • May I be the first to say I'm going to be ignoring this thread and only reading the 'signed' threads?

Bet you do though.
  • I've heard a rumour there will be less incoming than outgoing. That can't be right though, that'd be stupid.
    Again.
  • All players joining are "a step up" and "keen to progress their careers" at the Valley.

All players leaving are either "deadwood"(sic) or "greedy".
  • Andy Delort.
  • Potter would be a decent signing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Robinson would like the Arsenal kid back on a season long loan. Today's SLP
  • shirty5 said:

Robinson would like the Arsenal kid back on a season long loan. Today's SLP

I would be pretty happy with him on a year long loan and a good pre season behind him with us.
    Mavididi and Dasilva are the two players I'd happily see us sign on loan this summer!!
    They are both fantastic talents. Both of them for a year would be a great start to the signings.

Mavididi looks like he'll go far in the game. So many similoarities to Thierry Henry
    Da Silva is the best left back we've had since Wiggins. Great attacking threat, solid defender and good touch and passing.

• I would love Mavididi back for the season. I can't see Dasilva going to L1 again though
  • I can't see Dasilva going to L1 again though

Agreed... Hopefully though, because it took him so long to get into our first team it'll show he needs another full season @ League One level before making the jump to the Championship next season
  • List of Chesterfield players released... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39771816

Jay O'Shea included on that list, maybe put a cheeky bid in for him seeing that he went on loan to Sheffield United in January?
  • David Martin rumoured to be joining. Why is it that players deemed surplus/not good enough/too old for clubs that finished around/below us in the same league are good enough for us to sign? How is that progress? Its not suprising at all i know under this mob and i dont even know why im questioning it :neutral:
  • Sponsored links:

• David Martin rumoured to be joining. Why is it that players deemed surplus/not good enough/too old for clubs that finished around/below us in the same league are good enough for us to sign? How is that progress? Its not suprising at all i know under this mob and i dont even know why Im questioning it :neutral:

I know what you mean but I always withhold judgement.

Has Martin been released as a decision by the club or has he failed to agree a new deal or is it even a case that he wants a new challenge and is fed up having to deal with the endless roundabouts in Milton Keynes?
  • Potter would be a decent signing.

Poor man's Jacko in my view.
  • Solly is unsellable with his ongoing problems.

I'd have Wilson back in heartbeat. As well as Hamer and Morrison and Wiggins and Hollands and Wagstaff and Yann and BWP and you get my point.

Yeah, but whose going to manage them?
  • on a free, bags of league one and champ experience, whats not to like.
  • the trouble in bringing in so many as MK dons players is that it could create a little clique.

I get the impression KR likes his favourites.