Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gig spy

Comments

• Did anyone manage to get into the Shins gig at Hammersmith the other night? I think it's their only Gig in England this year.
  • Thunder at Hammersmith Odeon on Tuesday night. Absolutely superb, firing on all cylinders. A great gig from a great band still comfortably at the peak of their powers.
  • Thunder at Hammersmith Odeon on Tuesday night. Absolutely superb, firing on all cylinders. A great gig from a great band still comfortably at the peak of their powers.

I was waiting for someone to post this. I never miss a local Thunder show. Still 1 of the best live bands in the UK IMO
  • Seeing Fionn Regan at Union Chapel on Monday week. Coming up so far this year, Flogging Molly at Kentish Town, Stone Roses at Wembley, Madness' House of Common & Squeeze at Indigo and Pete Tong's Ibiza Classics night at the O2.

Agreed @SuedeAdidas... Would love to have done The Shins gig, but was already away and I can't stand Hammersmith either!

• Did anyone manage to get into the Shins gig at Hammersmith the other night? I think it's their only Gig in England this year.

Yes - we did! Was amazing. So pleased I finally got to see them. He was so in awe of the audience singing along, dancing and going crazy for the encore I reckon they'll be back sooner rather than later.
  • The zeitgeist is about right for a new SFA record, yep

Yes - we did! Was amazing. So pleased I finally got to see them. He was so in awe of the audience singing along, dancing and going crazy for the encore I reckon they'll be back sooner rather than later.
    Jealous of Eltham.

Jealous of Eltham.
    You could go Nottingham or Manchester in August?!
  • Solidgone said:

Going to see The Who at the RAH tomorrow night. They'll be performing Tommy, plus a few favourites.

Look forward to hearing your review of this gig as I loved the Quadrophenia at the O2. I don't know why I didn't get a ticket for this one....damn and drat. Enjoy!
    Awesome show. Have seen them a fair few times but never seen them do Tommy in its entirety. Blew me away. Did half an hour or so of favourites after. Zak Starkey was particularly outstanding.
  • shine166 said:

So far ive go tvelvet underground in may, glastonbury june, then radiohead in manchester and Take that (yer i know... mum date) in norwich. Plus whatever other festivals i end up doing decor for.

Radiohead!! You lucky person Shine!! Tickets are like the proverbial rocking horse manure!!

Depeche Mode closed the BBC 6 Music festival in Barrowlands, Glasgow on Sunday night. Well worth a catch up on iPlayer or through the 'red button'. Great set and performance by Gahan.

PS: Drop your mum off at Carrow Road and have a mooch round Norwich - 'A Fine City'

Sadly il probably end up having to sell the Radiohead tickets.. will still see them at glastonbury though
  • Sponsored links:

• ARW at Bournemouth.BIC - YES in all but name (i.e the version of Yes with the one and only Jon Anderson) - great gig.
    The Stranglers at Southampton Guildhall -no between songs patter, just straight into it cooking rock and roll. Great playing, awesome gig.
  • ARW at Bournemouth.BIC - YES in all but name (i.e the version of Yes with the one and only Jon Anderson) - great gig.
    The Stranglers at Southampton Guildhall -no between songs patter, just straight into it cooking rock and roll. Great playing, awesome gig.

Listen out for their reworked No More Heroes lyrics...not fans of Trump!
  • Hey guys,

As a owner of a music discovery blog I recommend you keep checking Bandisintown & Songkick to find out if any good gigs are coming up!

Alternatively, you can check out my website Turtle Tempo if you'd like. Up to you.
  • Got tickets for George Clinton Parliament Funkadelic in Leeds in May. Absolutely cannot wait for this, Clinton is one of my idols.

Saw The Stranglers at Brixton last month, my 32nd time seeing them yet still fresh and brilliant!
  • Kasabian last night at the Kentish Town forum. Quality gig and one of the best live bands around
  • shirty5 said:

Kasabian last night at the Kentish Town forum. Quality gig and one of the best live bands around

Agreed, they never disappoint, last night was no different!
  • shirty5 said:

Kasabian last night at the Kentish Town forum. Quality gig and one of the best live bands around

I was there too. Amazing band.
  • Just got tickets for one of the Daft Punk ochestral gigs at XOYO in July. Should be good!
  • Last night we went to see Keston Cobblers at Union Chapel. They've been around seven years at least but I'd never heard of them until a few months ago. Fine musicians playing a rock/folk fusion (better than it sounds, honest).
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw al stewart tonight superb, so under rated
  • Frankie Valli and the Four seasons at the BIC Bournemouth yesterday.
    The guy was fucking incredible. He's 82 years old ffs.
    Unlike so many of my contemporary heroes he still has his voice - not just the ballads but also the early falsetto classics.
    And such stage presence - he had the audience in the palm of his hand.
    If you get a chance, see him before it's to late, a real master at work.
    Boy did I enoy this gig,
  • Frankie Valli and the Four seasons at the BIC Bournemouth yesterday.
    The guy was fucking incredible. He's 82 years old ffs.
    Unlike so many of my contemporary heroes he still has his voice - not just the ballads but also the early falsetto classics.
    And such stage presence - he had the audience in the palm of his hand.
    If you get a chance, see him before it's to late, a real master at work.
    Boy did I enoy this gig,

Did the Greenwich O2 - absolutely brilliant. Calling the 4 Seasons backing singers doesn't do them justice incredible harmonies
  • Saw Honeyblood at the Haunt in Brighton this week. A really good and upcoming band although I don't like their poppy new single.
  • Going to see Ashcroft again at Brixton Academy soon and Black Grape have been confirmed as special guests.
  • I will have a spare for this if anyone is interested. I bought the tickets in November, but am still awaiting the tickets by e mail & print at home attachment. 4 of us were going, but one is unwell.

Event:BST Hyde Park - Kings of Leon supported by The Pixies amongst others.

Date & Time: Thursday 6th July 2017 Gates open at 15:00. £71 face value.

• Just booked Caravan and Dweezil Zappa. Both on in Sussex this autumn.
  • 7 days until The Stone Roses at Wembley.
  • Just done a 2 day festival in California - some of my favourite bands - Beachwood Sparks, Tyde, Gospelbeach, Heron Oblivion, Allah-Las, Robin Hitchcock, Galaxie 500 all set in a beauriful a vineyard in Sonoma.