Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

This site is not private

2»

Comments

• Thanks for raising @LenGlover and @Dansk_Red for the screenprint. @LoOkOuT is currently investigating and will raise with our host and we'll update when we've more info.

seconded
  • cabbles said:

I'll be honest, this isn't how I pictured my ascent into moderation

I thought, new thread, 'New Moderator'

A preamble from AFKA, updating lifers on an historic appointment. A brief look back at my posting past, highlights, including the emails to Katrien, reasons why I was chosen such as good humour, gravitas, respect.

This would then be followed by a series of comments from fellow lifers, congratulating me, saying what a good decision it was and that this can only benefit the community as whole.

Instead I get

"Is this some sort of fucking joke" @i_b_b_o_r_g on the article 50 thread

"How an earth and when did brusels become part of the moderation team" @Macronate this thread

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic

Welcome to "the job"
  • Gotta be honest, when I first saw the title of this thread, I thought @iainment had asked you round to see his kittens again, Len.

I see the Oscar Wild of CL is on the prowl again.
  • cabbles said:

A preamble from AFKA, updating lifers on an historic appointment. A brief look back at my posting past, highlights, including the emails to Katrien, reasons why I was chosen such as good humour, gravitas, respect.

This would then be followed by a series of comments from fellow lifers, congratulating me, saying what a good decision it was and that this can only benefit the community as whole.

Instead I get

"How an earth and when did brusels become part of the moderation team" @Macronate this thread

I think you will become our Alex Ferguson.
  • HarryLime said:

cabbles said:

Instead I get

I think you will become our Alex Ferguson.
    Excellent Mr Lime
  • cabbles said:

Instead I get

just give it time @warbles you ll soon be taken for granted like the rest of em
  • Got a similar message re safety of site & protection from Norton on Laptop that blocked access to the site.
  • The site defaults to http and not https. The https cert is a wildcard for vanillaforums so has a name mismatch. Google are pretty much forcing people to have https otherwise you will be marked as not secure. Firefox the same.
  • https://charltonlife.vanillaforums.com/

There's a link to the more 'secure' version.

Click it, bookmark it, done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Congratulations, @marbles
  • https://charltonlife.vanillaforums.com/

There's a link to the more 'secure' version.

Click it, bookmark it, done.

Alright Leedo, you got a mention in dispatches, don't milk it ffs
  • edited March 2017
    cabbles said:

"Is this some sort of ******* joke" @i_b_b_o_r_g on the article 50 thread

I know it was a quote but please could you try and watch the language.

As a moderator you really ought to be better than that.

We try and promote an inclusive atmosphere here, and some people may be put off by such obscenities.

Ta, @Cabbage, have a good day.
  • Might be connected.

My firms Citrix server is starting to pick this site up as "dodgy". Not that it is NOT dodgy on occasions of course but this has only started happening last couple of weeks.
  • Might be connected.

My firms Citrix server is starting to pick this site up as "dodgy". Not that it is NOT dodgy on occasions of course but this has only started happening last couple of weeks.

EDIT. Read the thread now, makes sense, was using the unsecure site URL.
  • What a strangely dull thread
  • cabbles said:

Thanks for raising @LenGlover and @Dansk_Red for the screenprint. @LoOkOuT is currently investigating and will raise with our host and we'll update when we've more info.

seconded
    Like the linesman waiting for the ref to make a decision, before agreeing with him...you'll be fine as a mod @kettles!! :wink:
  • I don't think all this abuse @cabbles is getting is justified.

Discraceful lack of respect for the new mod who brought us those entertaining emails to Katrien, repeatedly grassed people up on the argument thread, amusingly refuses to give @ricky_otto any likes or lol even when he likes or lols the posts, enjoys a bit of banter over his username.

We should cut him some slack and let him get on with learning his new role.

Congratulations @cabbles.
  • Give this man poster of the year. Seriously Neil, you keep talking like that and I will take you under my wing and one day you will join us. I believe @Stig is on thin ice due to an ongoing investigation into beating up old people in b&q. If guilty, I'm pretty sure he'll have to give up his coveted spot