Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover - What's your best guess as to who is it's gonna be?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Chien Lee the co-founder of the Chinese mainland budget hotel chain 7 Days Group Holdings - Watch this space.
    Previous interest in Hull and Boro - owns Nice in League 1. Wants to emulate Watford and create a European network.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    J BLOCK said:

Chien Lee the co-founder of the Chinese mainland budget hotel chain 7 Days Group Holdings - Watch this space.

Owns OGC Nice and tried to recently purchase Middlesbrough:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/premierleague/2684299/middlesbrough-chairman-steve-gibson-rejects-take-over-offer-from-chinese-consortium/

Edit: seen you've just added that to your post.
  • Options

SOME ONE ORDER A CHINESE?!
  • Options
    Gorgeous George Osborne
  • Options

Trump - Make Charlton Great Again!

I can learn to live with the Valley being painted gold.

He may even be persuaded to build a wall round Peckham. I'm trying to imagine JJ with that hairdo and orange skin
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Previous interest in Hull and Boro - owns Nice in League 1. Wants to emulate Watford and create a European network.

I really fucking hope not.

Although, and I don't want it to be tested here again, I do wonder how successful the network would've been if (a) our scouting was done properly, (b) the quality of the respective leagues was understood correctly, (c) players had the correct attitudes.

Unfortunately Roland's attempted execution was simply dire, and I'm not sure how you could get Charlton players to play for the shirt when they're really "X Holdings Ltd" players who simply see their time here as an extended loan.
  • Options
    My goldfish has started leaping out his bowl, the cat has made no attempts at a free lunch, their up to something fishy, cat wants my log in and all my change has disappeared.
  • Options
    Katrien Meire. Recent lottery win, funds management buyout.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I think it could be John Jay Moores, who was linked to Swansea and Everton and then actually entered and then dropped out of buying Forest.

He wants a team badly and it seems no coincidence to me that rumors of our buyout started just a week after the Forest thing fell apart.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017

I think it could be John Jay Moores, who was linked to Swansea and Everton and then actually entered and then dropped out of buying Forest.

He wants a team badly and it seems no coincidence to me that rumors of our buyout started just a week after the Forest thing fell apart.

Some background info on Moores' ownership of a US sports team:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-takeover-latest-highs-lows-10649965
  • Options

He may even be persuaded to build a wall round Peckham. I'm trying to imagine JJ with that hairdo and orange skin

Peckham serves a purpose. It makes you grateful for where you live that it's not Peckham.
  • Options
    I have to be clear on one thing. If Donald Trump were to invest in Charlton I would most definitely support someone else.

There aren't many people on this planet I despise but he is one.

Still think it might be Chinese money. They will be investing MASSIVELY in London in the coming years. All that's missing is a Premier League club with a spot of Chinese history....Step forward Zheng Zhi and Co.
  • Options
    vff said:

Peckham serves a purpose. It makes you grateful for where you live that it's not Peckham.
    Peckham now the trendiest palace to live in London according to the radio.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2017

LuckyReds said:

J BLOCK said:

I really fucking hope not.

Although, and I don't want it to be tested here again, I do wonder how successful the network would've been if (a) our scouting was done properly, (b) the quality of the respective leagues was understood correctly, (c) players had the correct attitudes.

Unfortunately Roland's attempted execution was simply dire, and I'm not sure how you could get Charlton players to play for the shirt when they're really "X Holdings Ltd" players who simply see their time here as an extended loan.
    Thing is Lucky, that the Pozzi model and the RD one is like chalk and cheese - if you compare Watford,Udinese and Granada with Charlton,Sint Truiden and Ujpest then they are light years apart- if you get the right background staff and do it right then I don't have a problem with the network concept - as you say, RDs execution of it was hugely flawed - amateurish.
    At Watford things are done properly football wise. The new stadium is impressive as well. Players loaned into the team from Udinese were / are of decent standard. Footballing staff hired are competent. Virtually the mirror image opposite of Duchatelet at Charlton.
  • Options
    With Roland we relied heavily on Liege loanees in his first full season. Buyens, Ben Haim and Bulot were huge losses and him selling Liege meant we had to rely on his scouting network
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2017

vff said:

Allegedly, according to a person who probably lives there (Or just bought a flat in Peckham / or trying to sell it to escape )
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2017

With Roland we relied heavily on Liege loanees in his first full season. Buyens, Ben Haim and Bulot were huge losses and him selling Liege meant we had to rely on his scouting network

Fair point. It was downhill Ski Sunday speed after when it came to relying on the scouting network. Allied to the lack of squad depth & overlong contacts for players not cutting the mustard. Many nails in the coffin lid, covering the look dead corpse off Duchatelet's football strategy.
  • Options
    vff said:

vff said:

Allegedly, according to a person who probably lives there (Or just bought a flat in Peckham / or trying to sell it to escape )
    Sunday Times actually
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vff said:

Excuse me!

It's rumoured, that my family, on my dads side (huguenots) fled France, landed and marched into Peckham and claimed it as their own. Only to be swindled out of it by some dodgy solicitor.

It still hurts every time I drive through the place, to think I could of been King of the bloody shit hole!
  • Options

vff said:

Excuse me!

It's rumoured, that my family, on my dads side (huguenots) fled France, landed and marched into Peckham and claimed it as their own. Only to be swindled out of it by some dodgy solicitor.

It still hurts every time I drive through the place, to think I could of been King of the bloody shit hole!
    You may call him a pettyfogging viper, but that lawyer saved your family from a fate worse than...

You should thank your lucky stars.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2017

vff said:

vff said:

Sunday Times actually
    Yes. Sunday Times, that makes it soooooo much more credible.
  • Options
    vff said:

vff said:

vff said:

Sunday Times actually
    Yes it does as much as any such survey top ten list.

I wouldn't choose to live Peckham but it's more than just a slum these days. Places in London change.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2017

vff said:

vff said:

vff said:

Sunday Times actually
    Yes it does as much as any such survey top ten list.

I wouldn't choose to live Peckham but it's more than just a slum these days. Places in London change.
    I still say that person has a flat in Peckham.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I am not up close and personal like a Cardiff fan would be in regard to Vincent Tan.
    His crime seems to me to change their colours, then after a period of pressure change them back. He thought about his son's mate as a scout but abandoned that idea.
    Apart from that he injected shedloads of money into Cardiff, and in particular backed them under MacKay and won them promotion to the prem for the first time. All this backing was for a man who despised him because of his race.
    It is easy to paint Tan as some kind of Bond film baddie, but I would be interested to know what exactly singles him out as a bad owner...Like Oysten for example.

That's quite enough of that reasonableness, thanks very much.

Can someone steer us back to where we should be with some vitriol and a knee-jerk reaction?
  • Options

Maybe it will be a Chinese Billionnaire who has discovered a passion for the club by reading our very own @JessieAddick 's Weibo updates assuming she still does them...

Yes I still do the updates. :wink:

I haven't heard anything regarding potential buyers here but I wouldn't be too surprised if they turned out to be Chinese. And for me personally it would be great if our club is taken over by Chinese people/consortium. :smile:
    Just think, if they offer a discount on season tickets to people in their homeland you could be sitting in the Lower North for around £150 a season, just over £6 a game,...

...plus £900 every two weeks for a return 'plane fare.
  • Options
    vff said:

I thought that was Catford.
  • Options
    Consortium of Alan Pardew, Dennis Wise, Kevin Muscat, Kelvin McKenzie and Danny Murphy.