Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

City Addick's reforming?

Hi folks.

As this topic was touched on in another thread, I thought I would mention that myself and another had toyed with this idea. I brought it back to life some years ago, and then handed the baton over to Curb_it.

The basic idea would be to meet once a year for a social in the city - although I currently work in Eltham making it a little awkward. Hopefully we could attract some new blood to help organise it, if so it could work.

I'm not sure what the appetite is however, if it's of interest to you please sign up to the Facebook page @cityaddicks. If we get enough interest it may well be a goer.

R

Comments

• edited March 2017
    I'm an ex-City man so would happily sign up though if the social doesn't coincide with my UK trips then I'm afraid I won't be making it.

So far for the City Addicks we have possibles from Phuket and Eltham. Hopefully the next poster will be from an EC postcode!

PS I couldn't find the Facebook page. The link directs me to a member page on CL.
  • Sounds interesting!
  • I'm an ex-City man so would happily sign up though if the social doesn't coincide with my UK trips then I'm afraid I won't be making it.

So far for the City Addicks we have possibles from Phuket and Eltham. Hopefully the next poster will be from an EC postcode!

PS I couldn't find the Facebook page. The link directs me to a member page on CL.

Which City are we talking about?
    If its Luxembourg, then i'm def up for it - see you in the Benelux Bar .
  • I've attended several City Addicks meetings in the past and found them enjoyable evenings. I'd be happy to attend any future meetings.
  • It was at a City Addicks meeting I introduced @LoOkOuT to @AFKABartram to each other and suggested that they work together on a new type of Charlton forum.

But they don't like me talking about that.

With social media i think it gets harder and harder to attract people to "live" events but if you can find a good venue it could work.
  • Count me in

Arguing about duck tape versus duct tape will be even more fun over a few pints.
  • edited March 2017
    If we can get say more than 50 likes (excluding Ackworth) maybe its a goer...
  • city addicks with eddie youds was a cracking evening. I'm definitely up for it if a decent guest can be obtained
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't do Facebook and work in Canary Wharf these days, but I'd go along and know a couple of others who would too.

B organised some good nights before - Counting House was used a few times I think.
  • Not all about guests - but once a year should be doable anyway
  • I'd be interested.
  • I'd be interested too - don't have facebook though!
  • I work near Liverpool Street so totally up for this!
  • Personally don't think it would work without guests, had some great nights with Richard Murray, Martin Simons, David White etc and various players past and present.
  • Agre with Large, need guests, I'd be in for that
  • If it involves city 'corporate type' folk, can we please ensure that we spend the afternoon/evening talking about: Road Maps; Boiler Plates; Heat Maps; Conference Calls; Q1,2,3,4 and all that other complete and utter arrogant corporate guff! Cheers.
  • If it involves city 'corporate type' folk, can we please ensure that we spend the afternoon/evening talking about: Road Maps; Boiler Plates; Heat Maps; Conference Calls; Q1,2,3,4 and all that other complete and utter arrogant corporate guff! Cheers.

Go for it. I'll sell it to my firm as "networking"
  • Sponsored links:

• Not willing to join in if we have to sing an official song pledging allegiance to Squirrel face and douchebag whilst scoffing 36 vol au vents! I know what you guys are like!!!!! :wink:
  • McBobbin said:

If it involves city 'corporate type' folk, can we please ensure that we spend the afternoon/evening talking about: Road Maps; Boiler Plates; Heat Maps; Conference Calls; Q1,2,3,4 and all that other complete and utter arrogant corporate guff! Cheers.

Go for it. I'll sell it to my firm as "networking"
    One of the reasons I quit the City and the corporate world in general. None of this bollocks when you run your own business, especially in a place like Thailand.
  • I'd be up for it. I'm in the city a fair bit even though I live overseas. Maybe I'd even coincide a trip with @Bangkokaddick. He owes me a drink.
  • Yup, I'd do it. I'm in UK most of the time these days.
  • 19 Facebook likes plus one on here that doesn't have facebook.. 30 to go
  • razil said:

19 Facebook likes plus one on here that doesn't have facebook.. 30 to go

Actually 2 non-Facebook on here with @EastStand and myself. Plus at least 2 more I know who I am sure would attend.
  • Would like to attend