Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Article: Confidence Is Required - But We May Have To Fake It

After watching the game on Saturday I was stunned by the lack of confidence in our side. Prompting me to dust off my old Sports Psychology textbooks. My thoughts are at:

Confidence Is Required

Comments

• Interesting stuff - and neatly sub-dividing the seamingly impossible task of lifting this rabble into a team good enough to close the 5 point gap whaich seems to be getting bigger every week...

So if we get a really good result tonight with goals from all over the show does that mean this will be the basis for lifting us for the Cristmas games?

I remember Curbishley changed no less than 6 players at about this time last year in order to shake it up motivate etc - we got a result and only Murphy complained.

Unfortunately no one appears to be convinced that without identifible leaders / motivators we can do it...?
  • Very interesting article. One question if poss? How would Bent feel if he didnt get a single shot in the first half or Traore gets his simple pass wrong straight away?
  • [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]Very interesting article. One question if poss? How would Bent feel if he didnt get a single shot in the first half or Traore gets his simple pass wrong straight away?

Not being either of those two players I would not know. The basic goals mentioned in the article were just examples, if it happened then the key thing is to come up with another goal for them to achieve. As (Cliche alert) it is harder to look back at your failures if you are constantly striving for success.
  • Kegilia - you should be our manager!
  • I agree with these methods but I cant see a player thinking of these goals when he is concentrating on the game.
  • You should send this into the club - you'd probably work wonders with the team the way it is at the moment.