Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gig spy

Comments

• Clutch.... Amon Amarth/Testament all at the roundhouse. Still a shit-house of a venue if you're stuck downstairs
    Exodus / Obituary at the Leccy Ballroom.... smashed it...
    Kverletak and Skeltonwitch also at the Ballroom... forgotten how good both these bands are.
  • Forgot 'Orange Fucking Goblin Baby!!' at Koko.. superb as always
  • Clutch.... Amon Amarth/Testament all at the roundhouse. Still a shit-house of a venue if you're stuck downstairs
    Exodus / Obituary at the Leccy Ballroom.... smashed it...
    Kverletak and Skeltonwitch also at the Ballroom... forgotten how good both these bands are.

You are making those names up
  • Stick in the Wheel

No-nonsense, uncompromising, political folk music.

Numerous London gigs coming up, commencing this Saturday (Battersea).

stickinthewheel.com/gigs-that/

Great choice
  • Saw Rival Sons at Cambridge Junction the other night - brilliant band. Currently supporting Black Sabbath on tour.
    Best live rock/blues band out there at present.
  • Thotch comeback gig at Hammersmith in May.
  • I thought I knew a lot about music, but haven't heard of any of these recently quoted bands.

Anyway, Green Day at the O2 coming up on Wednesday.
  • Going to see Peluché on Thursday with Meatraffle as support - both really good bands
  • edited February 2017

Saw Rival Sons at Cambridge Junction the other night - brilliant band. Currently supporting Black Sabbath on tour.
    Best live rock/blues band out there at present.

I was there also
  • Secret Affair last Fridaym 9/10

Brian Wilson at Royal Albert Hall, don't know as I forgot the date and missed it by a month.....

Secret Affair are still going? I saw them a few times in 1979, the last being at the May 7th recording of the Mods Mayday '79 live album at The Bridge House, Canning Town. If you got a copy, you can see me in one of the pictures on the back cover - I'm the only long-haired biker in a see of short-haired mods.
    You got brown hair?
    Nearly black at the time. Are you saying you've got a copy of the album? I regret not getting one when it came out.

For those interested, in the top left picture showing Secret Affair, my then girlfriend is the blonde on the left and I'm the mass of hair next to her. For those not interest, don't bother looking.
    Slightly off thread but...... The Bridge house, what a great venue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Secret Affair last Fridaym 9/10

Brian Wilson at Royal Albert Hall, don't know as I forgot the date and missed it by a month.....

Secret Affair are still going? I saw them a few times in 1979, the last being at the May 7th recording of the Mods Mayday '79 live album at The Bridge House, Canning Town. If you got a copy, you can see me in one of the pictures on the back cover - I'm the only long-haired biker in a see of short-haired mods.
    You got brown hair?
    Nearly black at the time. Are you saying you've got a copy of the album? I regret not getting one when it came out.

For those interested, in the top left picture showing Secret Affair, my then girlfriend is the blonde on the left and I'm the mass of hair next to her. For those not interest, don't bother looking.
    Slightly off thread but...... The Bridge house, what a great venue.
    Remember seeing Depeche Mode there just before they released their first single , there is still a Bridge House Venue but further back from the original site , still putting on Gigs .

• edited February 2017
    I saw Train at Islington Assembly Hall on Tuesday. They're a bit poppy in places but a great act to watch. I could have done without a pissed bloke of my (ancient) age falling over and almost taking me with him. Two Door Cinema Club at Ally Pally this week.
  • I saw Train at Islington Assemly Hall on Tuesday. They're a bit poppy in places but a great act to watch. I could have done without a pissed bloke of my (ancient) age falling over and almost taking me with him. Two Door Cinema Club at Ally Pally this week.

Probably done a few lines.
  • Green Day at the O2 last night. Quality gig. Anyone who has seen them before knows what to expect, but they played the hits, the decent ones from the new album and all the usual larking about
  • McBobbin said:

Green Day at the O2 last night. Quality gig. Anyone who has seen them before knows what to expect, but they played the hits, the decent ones from the new album and all the usual larking about

Seen them a couple of times, great live band.
  • Saw Glenn Doran and the Prairie Echoes, The Big Six, Daryl Higham and the Enforcers and Dale Watson at the weekend. All absolutely brilliant!
  • Got tickets for Colour Haze/My Sleeping Karma in March and then Desertfest at the end of April.
  • edited February 2017
    McBobbin said:

Green Day at the O2 last night. Quality gig. Anyone who has seen them before knows what to expect, but they played the hits, the decent ones from the new album and all the usual larking about

I thought they were very good, although personally I would have preferred them to stick to their own material, rather than play Beatles & Rolling Stones tracks, (1 of each). I thought the gig ever so slightly lost it's way/focus at that point. It's not as if they don't have enough of their own material. Although everyone seemed to enjoy it. 8/10.
  • March looking good so far with Monster Truck, Drive By Truckers and Primordial all lined up.... getting dragged off to some kiwi nonsense next week -LadyHawke???
  • Got 3 this year so far , Mesh , Islington. Kraftwerk , Royal Albert Hall and Depeche Mode at wetspams ground .
  • Sponsored links:

• I've got The xx in march, new album was decent so should be a good one
  • March looking good so far with Monster Truck, Drive By Truckers and Primordial all lined up.... getting dragged off to some kiwi nonsense next week -LadyHawke???

I've seen Monster Truck...great band :)
  • Wanted to see The Shins........only doing 1 night midweek in Hammersmith.

Still a few tickets left but not my favourite venue.....
  • McBobbin said:

I thought they were very good, although personally I would have preferred them to stick to their own material, rather than play Beatles & Rolling Stones tracks, (1 of each). I thought the gig ever so slightly lost it's way/focus at that point. It's not as if they don't have enough of their own material. Although everyone seemed to enjoy it. 8/10.
    It did meander a bit I agree, though I like to see something a bit different at gigs, not just the album versions being played back
  • Going to see The Who at the RAH tomorrow night. They'll be performing Tommy, plus a few favourites.
  • Blackberry Smoke at the Roundhouse last Tuesday. Ya gotta love that Southern country
  • So far ive go tvelvet underground in may, glastonbury june, then radiohead in manchester and Take that (yer i know... mum date) in norwich. Plus whatever other festivals i end up doing decor for.
  • edited March 2017
    shine166 said:

So far ive go tvelvet underground in may, glastonbury june, then radiohead in manchester and Take that (yer i know... mum date) in norwich. Plus whatever other festivals i end up doing decor for.

Radiohead!! You lucky person Shine!! Tickets are like the proverbial rocking horse manure!!

Depeche Mode closed the BBC 6 Music festival in Barrowlands, Glasgow on Sunday night. Well worth a catch up on iPlayer or through the 'red button'. Great set and performance by Gahan.

PS: Drop your mum off at Carrow Road and have a mooch round Norwich - 'A Fine City'
  • Going to see The Who at the RAH tomorrow night. They'll be performing Tommy, plus a few favourites.

Look forward to hearing your review of this gig as I loved the Quadrophenia at the O2. I don't know why I didn't get a ticket for this one....damn and drat. Enjoy!
  • ....the fans went crazy as Tommy left the stage...