Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Any decent cafes near Waterloo station?

Comments

• Presuming you're after a greasy spoon - Marie's on Lower Marsh.
  • The Beer House in the station does a decent fry up (not a café I know, but assume you're looking for a bit of brekkie before heading to Kingston).
  • I used to use cafe Quattro on York road on the way to matches. Not sure if it's still there though. Always did a good sized breakfast.
  • If you are after a damn fine coffee four corners on lower marsh is good. They do food also, not the greasy kind but some good cakes and stuff.
  • Lower Marsh; can't go wrong there. Marie's is the best, little place on the right about 100m along past the bondage shop but before the gay sauna.
    Quattro's mentioned above is still on Waterloo road and also good for a breakfast. Can't beat the atmosphere of a busy lower marsh though. However, im not sure what it's like on a Saturday.
  • Mamas on waterloo road is a cracking little cafe
  • Lower Marsh; can't go wrong there. Marie's is the best, little place on the right about 100m along past the bondage shop but before the gay sauna.
    Quattro's mentioned above is still on Waterloo road and also good for a breakfast. Can't beat the atmosphere of a busy lower marsh though. However, im not sure what it's like on a Saturday.

Blimey swords, Lower Marsh must be a hot sweaty and constricted trip out for you!

Something for all tastes there :) A nice fry up,get gimped up then a nice sauna where you go in clean and come out dirty lol
  • kigelia said:

If you are after a damn fine coffee four corners on lower marsh is good. They do food also, not the greasy kind but some good cakes and stuff.

+1 for four corners.
  • edited February 2017

such a shame the camel and artichoke has closed on lower marsh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers all

• such a shame the camel and artichoke has closed on lower marsh.

It seems that the developers want to turn upstairs into flats, but have been refused by the council planners

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/9069
  • Waterloo Cafe on Wootton street is very good. Small, decent food and cheap! £5 for a full english
  • The sports bar and grill on the upper level of the station does a decent breakie, opens at 7am......and serves beer
  • need one myself before the boat.

Anyone else doing the boat Saturday?
  • edited February 2017

Lower Marsh; can't go wrong there. Marie's is the best, little place on the right about 100m along past the bondage shop but before the gay sauna.

This, this and this again.
    When I worked on the JLE we held fort in there every morning.
    Thai café that does a great alternative to egg and bacon.
    By that I don't mean getting oral from a bird with a cock.

Yep, not sure what caf to choose yet..

Judging by the comments(or lack of), it seems that you are going by canoe!
  • I'm going (on boat)
  • Will be on boat +5
  • Sponsored links:

Think of me having a beer while your waiting for the Addams Family pub to open!
  • The National Theatre is just a stone's throw away. It has a variety of eateries (7?) including a pub "The Understudy". The all-day cafe is called The Kitchen.

• such a shame the camel and artichoke has closed on lower marsh.

It seems that the developers want to turn upstairs into flats, but have been refused by the council planners

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/9069
    good but the selfishness of those who own it is unbelievable. they know that one of my favourite things to do is sit out in their court yard with a pint of San Miguel.

also you would of thought they would keep it open till they have permission for what they want to do with it. it's obviously got protected status as it's been a pub for over 200 years.

Think of me having a beer while your waiting for the Addams Family pub to open!
    The gaff I'm staying in for Shrewsbury is a pub.

I reckon I'll be sleeping on a park bench!

Me