Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Congratulations Lincoln

Shame it was Brighton they beat but what an achievement to reach the 5th round of the FA Cup.

Blyth Spartans managed it some years back but not too many non-league clubs have done it in recent times anyway.

Comments

• I'll second that Len
  • edited January 2017
    LenGlover said:

Shame it was Brighton they beat but what an achievement to reach the 5th round of the FA Cup.

Blyth Spartans managed it some years back but not too many non-league clubs have done it in recent times anyway.

Colchester 1948
    Yeovil 1949
    Blyth 1978
    Telford 1985
    Kidderminster 1994
    Crawley 2011
    Luton 2013
    Lincoln 2016
    (Sutton 2016???)
  • Let's hope they have lost interest in the FA Trophy
  • Lincoln as a club and its supporters are seriously put out that Grimsby got back into the FL last season and that Scunthorpe are doing so well

Local pride in getting out to support the team, an injection of cash, a bright new clever management team and (yes) a sense of quasi patriotism after Brexit have all combined to create an unexpected resurgence .. also of course, as seen on the telly and live by @Off_it , the team is decent, aggressive, skilful and very well organised .. well done the imps ((:>)
  • se9addick said:

Lincoln getting to the 5th round of the FA Cup really is an unexpected consequence of the Brexit vote !

if you don't know, then best not to comment
  • se9addick said:

Lincoln getting to the 5th round of the FA Cup really is an unexpected consequence of the Brexit vote !

Quite.
  • Lincoln as a club and its supporters are seriously put out that Grimsby got back into the FL last season and that Scunthorpe are doing so well

Local pride in getting out to support the team, an injection of cash, a bright new clever management team and (yes) a sense of quasi patriotism after Brexit have all combined to create an unexpected resurgence .. also of course, as seen on the telly and live by @Off_it , the team is decent, aggressive, skilful and very well organised .. well done the imps ((:>)

Looked a nice ground too. Hope they get back into the League.
  • Sutton and Lincoln through to Round 5. First time two non-league teams make it through.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sutton and Lincoln through to Round 5. First time two non-league teams make it through.

Since 1925
  • Did his brother finally get him out of prison?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Did his brother finally get him out of prison?

?

Since 1925
    Sorry guv.

Hope they both get premier league away ties. Will be pretty shit if either of them get Oxford or Millwall.

Hope they both get premier league away ties. Will be pretty shit if either of them get Oxford or Millwall.
    Or each other!

Hope they draw eachother

Looked a nice ground too. Hope they get back into the League.
    Believe me Hants, the TV makes it look much nicer than it is......sorry to say it ain't that great!
  • CAFCsayer said:

Sutton and Lincoln through to Round 5. First time two non-league teams make it through.

Hope they draw eachother
    Why?
  • CAFCsayer said:

Sutton and Lincoln through to Round 5. First time two non-league teams make it through.

Hope they draw eachother
    Why?
    Bound to be put on TV so both clubs get money and guarantees a non-league team a bumper pay day and a quarter-final spot, putting them one game away from playing at Wembley
  • Sponsored links:

• Should both be on tv anyway
  • edited January 2017
    Boom said:

se9addick said:

Perhaps you can enlighten us.

As an Imps fan for 38 years, I haven't got a clue WTF you're on about.
    It's all gone quiet over there.

I was brought up in Navenby, 10 miles south of Lincoln. When we used to go into town to do the shopping my parents used to react to small groups of fans as if they were morally and intellectually below the level of weevils and likely to break out in senseless acts of random violence at any moment. Years later as a Charlton supporter visiting my mum I went to a match at Sincil Bank and was more bored than I had ever been at a football match, and I was watching Charlton at least every 2 weeks!

Glad for you and your fellow supporters Boom.

• Good luck to the imps,hope they get either a winnable tie at home or a cracker away that could set them up for next season. I live in between Lincoln and Boston so try and take in a few games each season, both got good setups but Lincoln is easy a league one outfit of the pitch.
  • I must be a twat yokel....don't get the rant at all
  • Boom said:

se9addick said:

I was brought up in Navenby, 10 miles south of Lincoln. When we used to go into town to do the shopping my parents used to react to small groups of fans as if they were morally and intellectually below the level of weevils and likely to break out in senseless acts of random violence at any moment. Years later as a Charlton supporter visiting my mum I went to a match at Sincil Bank and was more bored than I had ever been at a football match, and I was watching Charlton at least every 2 weeks!

Cheers.

I know Navenby. Think I played football there years ago.
  • Boom said:

Boom said:

se9addick said:

probably because you're an ignorant twat of a yokel .. I remember getting a 'flag' from you for mentioning Grimsby on another post, you dickhead .. I hope the Imps get hammered in the next round and then go broke .. enjoy ((:>)
    Thanks for the explanation. All clear now.
    my pleasure
  • edited January 2017
    Boom said:

Boom said:

se9addick said:

Cheers.

I know Navenby. Think I played football there years ago.
    There is an absolutely fantastic bakers there called Welbournes.....without doubt the finest plum bread and pies you could wish for.....BUT, their prize winning sausage rolls are without doubt their crowning glory.....folk come from miles around to get 'em by the bucket load!
    With mashed potato, baked beans and onion gravy they are fit for a king and a nice Rioja to hand doesn't go amiss as well.
    So foolishly descriptive has my description been that....ooooooogh, I want some right now!