Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Happy Eric Cantona Day everyone

Comments

• Awesome man and player.
  • edited January 2017
    A favourite player and moment of mine.

Sometimes it's the only language these arseholes understand<(;-)>
  • Has anyone got the photo version where all the people are captioned such as Arthur Fowler etc ?
  • The phone rang and Bilko (who pops up on here occasionally) managed to say, through fits of laughter, put the news on at ten you won't believe what Cantona has just done. Sure enough, it didn't disappoint.

We were at Old Trafford for a game around 2001 and he came out and waved to the crowd, he must have been wondering why the Charlton fans were worshipping him more than the Mancs.
  • The kid in the Man Utd hat doesn't know what to do with himself.
  • I remember the Kickee saying that he ran from the top of the stairs to tell Eric to enjoy his early bath.......yeah......course you did mate.
  • edited January 2017

The kid in the Man Utd hat doesn't know what to do with himself.

• edited January 2017

I remember the Kickee saying that he ran from the top of the stairs to tell Eric to enjoy his early bath.......yeah......course you did mate.

Yes, he claimed that all he said was

"Off, off off, it's an early bath for you!"
  • Sponsored links:

• I remember seeing this on the news when I got in late that night and my other half told me about it. I said at the time there's more to this than meets the eye and I have to salute Eric Cantona's ability to pick a nazi to kick.
  • The kid in the Man Utd hat doesn't know what to do with himself.

What about the one in the home shirt?

Off off off, that's an early bath for you.

I remember Paul Ince and others going over and confronting the fan afterwards (I believe Ince got charged for his part) without a single palace fan doing anything other than galping, actually that's not true. As Cantona was being led off the pitch by Schmeichel they did the most palace thing I can possibly think of and threw a cup of tea at him. :frowning:
  • edited January 2017

Arthur Fowler is outraged while Ben Elton thinks it's hilarious

Steve Jobs is left but one of Arthur Fowler. With Ronnie O'Sullivan to the left of Cantona's Left hand.
  • as 'they' say in gay Paree .. 'don't fuck with Eric the Trawlerman'
  • Arthur Fowler is outraged while Ben Elton thinks it's hilarious

Steve Jobs is left but one of Arthur Fowler. With Ronnie O'Sullivan to the left of Cantona's Left hand.
    Oh is that Ronnie O'Sullivan? I thought it was Joey Tribbiani. Still, I'm surprised nobody ever asked Damon Hill what he made of it all. Maybe Inspector Gadget standing behind him told Damon to keep his mouth shut.
  • edited January 2017
    I heard the Jonathan Pearce commentary earlier, which I'd never heard before. Well worth a listen. Very dramatic with ridiculous and comical moments.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/video/audio-jonathan-pearces-reaction-eric-5024718
  • Was in the audience for Fantasy Football league the week after and they did a pisspoor recreation of the Shit Hitting the Fan.
  • Arthur Fowler is outraged while Ben Elton thinks it's hilarious

The look on the Arthur Fowler blokes face always cracks me up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Remember singing Ooh Aah Cantona to them for years after this. Used to get them wound up

Still does.
  • A palarce fan hanging on a string
    Eric kicked his fucking head in
    :smiley:
  • Uboat said:

I heard the Jonathan Pearce commentary earlier, which I'd never heard before. Well worth a listen. Very dramatic with ridiculous and comical moments.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/video/audio-jonathan-pearces-reaction-eric-5024718

Brilliant, the fan got wot he deserved!
  • Bloke in brown jacket next to Cantona's left arm just realised he 's left the iron on.
  • What a hero! Ooh ah. Palace love that....
  • Jeez, 25th January 1995, a month before covered end junior was born.
  • Uboat said:

JP loves Palace....after Bristol City, his father in law supports them.