Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bangkok

Me and my brother are currently travelling through Vietnam, we'll be heading into Cambodia soon and then onto Bangkok. I'm sure I remember there being a Charlton supporter with a bar there which I've always failed to visit on my previous trips. Just wondering if anyone can point us in the direction so we can make sure we pop in this time?!

Oh, and if anyone has any recommendations for Cambodia too please feel free to share!

Comments

• I don't know of any CAFC fans with a bar in Bangkok. I'm in Phuket, there's a bar manager in Pattaya and I believe in Koh Samui.
  • Bring some decent weather with you!
  • Not heard of a Charlton bar owner in Bangkok. I seem to remember reading the owner/manager of Witherspoons on Soi Bukao in Pattaya was a Charlton fan. Some decent football pubs in Bangkok.

As for Cambodia forget about Charlton and just grab a cold beer down by the riverside in Phnom Penh, always nice at sunset.
  • In Cambodia sinhoukville is a cool seaside town, Phnom Penh is ok, worth seeing the killing fields and S21/tuol sleng (even though they are grim) but the highlight is definitely going to Siem Riep and seeing Angkor Wat. Can easily spend two or three days there. It's a chilled country, the people are really nice and the food is great.
  • Charlton Bar in Samui... Previously Blackjacks and now the Welcome Inn, in Chaweng... Owned by my uncle
  • edited January 2017
    Read some of these posts and wonder how unsightly/westernised these places must have become.
    Really don't want to come across as a snob, but can remember Chewang when it never had electricity, let alone an airport.
    As for Phang gan, not even a police presence. Ideal for a full moon party.
    If you wanted Samui it entailed an overnight train or bus journey, followed by a boat.
    I am becoming a miserable old bastard. Help.
  • edited January 2017
    Going at the end of March. Bangkok first and then on to Pattaya - Any recommendations for a decent English type bar for the football?
  • Going at the end of March. Bangkok first and then on to Pattaya - Any recommendations for a decent English type bar for the football?

LK Metro area good for footy bars, Witherspoons just around the corner has a Charlton manager forget his name.Are you going to Pattaya for the Culture Temples etc.I go for the golf (honestly)
  • Sponsored links:

• Had my first hole in one in Pattaya

Backdoor
  • Had my first hole in one in Pattaya

Backdoor
    Was on the 9th actually
  • edited January 2017

Going at the end of March. Bangkok first and then on to Pattaya - Any recommendations for a decent English type bar for the football?

LK Metro area good for footy bars, Witherspoons just around the corner has a Charlton manager forget his name.Are you going to Pattaya for the Culture Temples etc.I go for the golf (honestly)
    I can safely say it's not for the temples. Unless there is a bar called Temple there.

Cheers, will check out the places you mentioned.
  • Siem Reap has Pub Street where in 2011 it was 50 cents a beer. Be on the lookout in the forests around Angkor Wat as gibbons and langurs have been re-introduced since then.

Cambodia had surprisingly good coffee, and a lovely green 'fruit salad' or 'fruit punch' Fanta that I've not seen elsewhere. The hostels were really nice too.
  • edited January 2017

Had my first hole in one in Pattaya

Did your ball curl around the rim before going in?
  • Cheers guys, all info appreciated.
  • Read some of these posts and wonder how unsightly/westernised these places must have become.
    Really don't want to come across as a snob, but can remember Chewang when it never had electricity, let alone an airport.
    As for Phang gan, not even a police presence. Ideal for a full moon party.
    If you wanted Samui it entailed an overnight train or bus journey, followed by a boat.
    I am becoming a miserable old bastard. Help.

I was in Phuket in 91 and remember seeing an artists impression of what it would look like in 10 years time with a load of new hotels and houses. Looked like it was going to ruin the place.