Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gomez/Lookman/Shelvey/Jenkinson.

Which one impressed you most as a Charlton player?

Comments

• Shelvey by a mile, but I only saw Gomez twice, once when he was forced to play right back.
  • Gomez was consistently excellent . Granted Shelvey was very young and in a really crap team but he had spells when he was brilliant and others when he was poor. His whole career has been like that
  • sam3110 said:

Gomez, he was a better right back than Solly and it isn't his first position

No he wasn't!
  • sam3110 said:

He probably is now, but no way when he was with us.
  • Gomez. Never ever saw the hype with Jenkinson.
  • edited January 2017
    Gomez.

He was huge for us once he moved to centre back.
  • sam3110 said:

Wtf
  • Gomez all day long, absolutely Rolls Royce of a player
  • Gomez. No contest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gomez vs Shelvey. Gomez probably wins because his attitude is so much better.
  • edited January 2017
    Gomez.
    Potential future England captain.
  • Gomez or Ade honestly. Jenkinson wasn't that good. Shelvey was class but still not on their level in my opinion.
  • Gomez 100% over Ade though.
  • Gomez.

If the injury hasn't affected him too much he'll be a great player.
  • Jonjo easily.

Gomez next.
  • Gomez was really impressive, he just oozed class

I was surprised that recently Klopp didn't play him at RB, but played another youngster instead, as Gomez was back in the 1st team reckoning by then
  • Gomez by country mile. He is mustard and seems to have his head screwed on. England international for many years to come.
  • JaShea99 said:

Gomez. Never ever saw the hype with Jenkinson.

With you on Jenkinson, looked average to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gomez by a long way... He will be England first choice
  • MrOneLung said:

Shelvey for me.

Directing play, entrusted with set pieces as a 16/17 year old. Constantly looking for the ball and a sweet pass on him. Maybe if Parkinson had played him more we would have gone up that first season

Think of the money! He was a prize asset - Parky was probably told not to risk him getting an injury.
  • I think Shelvey's most disappointing time with us was in the months before he was sold. That could be maybe Parkinson's fault as he was played in a number of positions.

Lookman has pace, skill, unpredictability and is comfortable using both feet.

However, Gomez is a class apart and has that finesse, class and confidence that all top players have, especially at centre back.

He also has pretty much the perfect manager for him at the moment.
  • Shelvey, watched him play as a 17 year old against an experienced Norwich team and absolutely ran the show. Gomez looked very classy though in his games.
  • Saga Lout said:

MrOneLung said:

Shelvey for me.

Directing play, entrusted with set pieces as a 16/17 year old. Constantly looking for the ball and a sweet pass on him. Maybe if Parkinson had played him more we would have gone up that first season

Think of the money! He was a prize asset - Parky was probably told not to risk him getting an injury.
    Parky said he was "too good" for the team and others weren't on his wavelength hence him not playing
  • From what I saw of them playing at Charlton:

Gomez

Lookman
    Shelvey

Jenkinson
  • edited January 2017
    WSS said:

Saga Lout said:

MrOneLung said:

Shelvey for me.

Parky said he was "too good" for the team and others weren't on his wavelength hence him not playing
    He wasn't wrong - that team had the likes of Llera, Racon, Spring and Mooney in it. Those sort of players would make me not want to play.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Shelvey has a rare talent, the vision to see a pass before he receives the ball. Gomez is a Rolls Royce, with time to play and the ability to read the game. I'd always go for the creative player, as it's more difficult to create than destroy.

However, Lookman has the skill and ability to out-shine both of them, if he develops his understanding of the game. Jenkinson is a level below.

When Hudson played his first game for England he was superb. When asked, he said it was easy. Ball gave him the ball and told him where to play it. Said he was the greatest midfielder he ever played with.

Shelvey to be even good should know his pass before he gets it!

Gomez was very good when he left and went straight into the Liverpool side and I think he will be there a while.