Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Martin Samuel drops a tonne of excrement on Katrien Meire in The Mail...

Comments

• Options
    Only skim read article and thread, but I like the bit that says of she was a man she'd be as likely to find a position with the FA as Oyston.
  • Options

If she can get a full time job at the FA and us rid of her I'm all for her furthering her career. If she makes a success of it that's good, (however unlikely), if she doesn't she either gets the sack or stays in a job surrounded by like minded people.

Shes working as a agent for the Belgian FA, shes going to bring it down from the inside.
  • Options
    Halix said:

If she can get a full time job at the FA and us rid of her I'm all for her furthering her career. If she makes a success of it that's good, (however unlikely), if she doesn't she either gets the sack or stays in a job surrounded by like minded people.

Shes working as a agent for the Belgian FA, shes going to bring it down from the inside.
    Or is she in reality a double agent?
  • Options

Why are the Football League bothering with our hapless Katrien when they can choose Carolyn Still of mansfield Town who is younger, prettier and no doubt much better at her job than Ms Meire?

I'm older and uglier but would still be better at the job...

More disappointing revelations - I had such a stunning image of what you are like in real life Weegie.
    Ha, ha, thanks! Obviously I was fishing for LOLs but don't seem to have got any... :-(
    You can't like and LOL Weegie, and if it's a choice between liking the idea that you can do a better job than Katrien, or laughing at your self-deprecation, then it's a like from me every time.
  • Options
    Alternative truths - who did it best?

Donald "inauguration" Trump or Katrien "improved ranking" Miere?
  • Options
    edited January 2017

#CAFCAlternativeTruths With every new manager, the club improved it's ranking.

#CAFCAlternativeTruths Polish Pete turned out to be a great replacement for a club hero.

#CAFCAlternativeTruths Karl Robinson is the next Alex Ferguson.

#FAKENEWS :wink:
  • Options

We shouldn't get too excited by KM getting slagged off in the daily fail by an odious fat gobshite like Samuel. If that pr!ck tells you it's raining, always best to stick your hand out the window to check. She is just an excuse for Jabba the misogynist to have a tedious grumble on one of his dreary peeves at one of his pet hates, the FA. We all know that clueless fuckw!ts running discredited shambles like the FA get harangued by handwringers about equality and diversity and as a result they might appoint egotwits like KM to positions they are ill qualified to fill. MS doesn't give two sh!ts for Charlton's predicament he's just a lazy old school hack with column inches to pad.
    Being derided for inadequacy by the daily fail is akin to being called insensitive and unpopular by Katie Hopkins.
    Katrien and Roly will just mark down the Mail as unintelligent and not knowing what's best for de president's cloob.

What a poisonous post....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

She obviously can't even do lunch effectively

Bernie Perks is probably there pecking at the journalist's plate
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Just Googled Katrien and it's a car crash for her again - her "clean up" people are going to have their work cut out for them

Indeed ... the truth will out.
  • Options

Let's give her a trophy for phucking us up and send her on her way. This media attention must be maintained.
  • Options
    Canary Wharf? to Wembley park for 10.30!!
    She'll ask for a 12.30 start.......
  • Options
    If it meant she left us, I'd happily drive her up to the FA's headquarters myself.
  • Options

If it meant she left us, I'd happily drive her up to the FA's headquarters myself.

No need to do that mate I'll pay for her to go in the 'Roland Out' Taxi :wink:
  • Options

No matter how much I hate her, I can't deny that I would drive her up the FA headquarters too
  • Options
    She'll get it, FA are completely out of touch and she ticks a big box for them. It's a match made in heaven. Am I right in assuming she can still be CEO of Charlton (in name only obviously!!!) as well as an FA board member? I don't know the answer to that. Is it possible ex senior FA man Bevington is pushing this through, hoping he might get the Charlton CEO job? Conspiracy theory of course.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Marina Hyde references Meire as a candidate in this piece, although she doesn't hit her hard.

"Even the news of another female board member has not been met with universal delight. As is so often the case with diversity drives, some people have agreed the FA does need more women, but just not the woman or women that have been suggested. In this case, one of the names doing the rounds for a board seat is Katrien Meire, who has faced a sustained fan insurrection at Charlton and seen the club relegated on her watch. The general arguments against Meire can be summarised by “yes to women – but not just ANY useless woman”."

Could have been more forthright I suppose, but it's without doubt another shot across her bows.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Marina Hyde references Meire as a candidate in this piece, although she doesn't hit her hard.

"Even the news of another female board member has not been met with universal delight. As is so often the case with diversity drives, some people have agreed the FA does need more women, but just not the woman or women that have been suggested. In this case, one of the names doing the rounds for a board seat is Katrien Meire, who has faced a sustained fan insurrection at Charlton and seen the club relegated on her watch. The general arguments against Meire can be summarised by “yes to women – but not just ANY useless woman”."

Could have been more forthright I suppose, but it's without doubt another shot across her bows.
    P'raps as Curbs would say but this is her next paragraph:

......"And yet, really? I do hate to rain on a men’s march, but I can imagine very few exceptions in which someone – anyone – lacking a Y chromosome could lower the FA quality of service. Honestly, if she’s not underage, Katie Hopkins or doing a 10-stretch, what’s the problem? How could it possibly be worse?"......

I read that as a vote for ignoring Charlton fans in the interests of 'diversity' or whatever the PC buzzword is at the moment.

P'raps her article was written before the statement by WAR - 'men's march' as she puts it.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    LenGlover said:

......"And yet, really? I do hate to rain on a men’s march, but I can imagine very few exceptions in which someone – anyone – lacking a Y chromosome could lower the FA quality of service. Honestly, if she’s not underage, Katie Hopkins or doing a 10-stretch, what’s the problem? How could it possibly be worse?"......

I read that as a vote for ignoring Charlton fans in the interests of 'diversity' or whatever the PC buzzword is at the moment.

P'raps her article was written before the statement by WAR 'men's march' as she puts it.
    I too read the entire article and didn't get the same vibe that you did. I think she really does disapprove of Pussy Galore.
  • Options
    Sent an email to the FA explaining the general opinion 98% of fans have of her, with a list of the stellar work she has done for the club. They will reply within 5 working days, I am looking forward to the reply.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

P'raps her article was written before the statement by WAR 'men's march' as she puts it.
    I too read the entire article and didn't get the same vibe that you did. I think she really does disapprove of Pussy Galore.
    She seems to be making the point that you could pick anyone from the street for the role and they couldn't really be any worse than what's on the FA board right now...she obviously hasn't met Katrien.
  • Options

Sent an email to the FA explaining the general opinion 98% of fans have of her, with a list of the stellar work she has done for the club. They will reply within 5 working days, I am looking forward to the reply.

1.Don't get too excited.
    2. Don't hold your breath.
  • Options

1.Don't get too excited.
    2. Don't hold your breath.
    Advice Stephen Milligan MP should have heeded.
  • Options
    when does this appointment get announced
  • Options
    The FA are running out of time to agree governance reforms with their contrary councillors before the April deadline to at least show Sport England they are moving in the right direction — or risk losing £30m of grass-roots funding.

Wednesday's FA Council meeting is likely to see the blazers refusing to be railroaded into reforms, although it wouldn't need their backing to bring in two extra women board members from the national and professional games.

Potential choices could be Dorset FA leader Sue Hough and Charlton chief executive Katrien Meire. 18/1/2017

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-4129474/FA-chief-Martin-Glenn-s-cut-backs-rock-rule-makers.html
  • Options
    If they did appoint her I would expect them to get absolute pelters from us. Be interesting to see what KM actually does. Would she accept, would she get talked down based on the initial reaction.

In a way I think it would be quite good if she got offered the role and accepted. Her incompetence would be exposed in a wider setting and you have to remember that we're going absolutely nowhere under her and RD.

The chances are she has many more fuck ups in her, could be a situation where the club's governing body say her position is untenable and she is embarrassed on a bigger scale.

The problem is, outside of us and a few well informed journalists, people don't know how bad she's been/is