Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Great Charlton transfer windows of the past!

Comments

• What are the training bras for again?
    Apart from the obvious......?
  • edited January 2017
    Oh KF, the face that will always be synonymous with how low this club has fallen.
  • Was gutted when Murphy and smertin left after we started so well
  • edited January 2017
    Must be going senile, I dont recognise any of the players.
  • Roger Johnson, Diego Poyet and the lad from Middelsbro who was awful. Was it Adam someone ?
  • Roger Johnson, Diego Poyet and the lad from Middelsbro who was awful. Was it Adam someone ?

No idea what his name was. And its only a year ago!! Wow we are bad.
  • edited January 2017
    The arched window.

No, wait, the square window.

Rhys Williams.

Rhys Williams.
    All time club legend. Sums up the ineptitude of the regime.
  • Sponsored links:

• drewman said:

Roger Johnson, Diego Poyet and the lad from Middelsbro who was awful. Was it Adam someone ?

Lost in the mists of time. And it was only a year ago!
    Hey, Katrien .... why do we sign such forgettable players?

• Jesper Blomquist and Robbie Mustoe .
  • edited January 2017
    drewman said:

Roger Johnson, Diego Poyet and the lad from Middelsbro who was awful. Was it Adam someone ?

I'll never forget the name I gave him in those back to back nightmares 0-5 at Udders on the Tuesday (when Henderson was sent out to face the music) and 0-6 at Hull the following Saturday, %*^#.
  • Signing Eddie Youds in the Jan transfer window the season we won the play offs was good! He was a rock in that winning run!
  • uie2 said:

Signing Eddie Youds in the Jan transfer window the season we won the play offs was good! He was a rock in that winning run!

Mills arrived as well. The good old days when the club wanted to move forward and had the idea of how to do it.
  • I don't remember Rhys Williams at all.
  • Johnson has a face you'd expect to turn up on police interceptors.
  • How many games did we line up with Williams and Johnson as our centre halves? I feel like they were there for Colchester, Huddersfield and Hull but I also think I've genuinely repressed a lot of that period.
  • edited January 2017
    @Garrymanilow, Williams started on the subs bench at Colchester and came on at half time, he also played in the 1-1 draw v Forest (on as sub 79 mins) during his 28 day emergency loan. Now back in Australia with Perth Glory.

Johnson only played for 60 odd minutes at Colchester but the full 90 at Udders and Hull
  • Richard J said:

Jesper Blomquist and Robbie Mustoe .

Did we get Gavin Peacock at the same time?
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

@Garrymanilow, Williams started on the subs bench at Colchester and came on at half time, he also played in the 1-1 draw v Forest during his 28 day emergency loan. Now back in Australia with Perth Glory.

Jesus, I dread to think who did so badly that he came off for Williams. I don't want to give you an ulcer but I looked it up and Williams did play against both Hull and Huddersfield in that 11 goal nightmare. Though against Huddersfield he seemingly played in midfield, which evidently made all the difference
  • edited January 2017

RedChaser said:

@Garrymanilow, Williams started on the subs bench at Colchester and came on at half time, he also played in the 1-1 draw v Forest during his 28 day emergency loan. Now back in Australia with Perth Glory.

Jesus, I dread to think who did so badly that he came off for Williams. I don't want to give you an ulcer but I looked it up and Williams did play against both Hull and Huddersfield in that 11 goal nightmare. Though against Huddersfield he seemingly played in midfield, which evidently made all the difference
    It's ok I was aware that he played at Hull and Udders see my earlier post in response to Drewman.

Rhys Williams.
    That Hull game, I still have nightmares about his defending that day.
  • I don't remember Rhys Williams at all.

I wish I didn't.
  • edited January 2017

I don't remember Rhys Williams at all.

He was a bit like the players in the football game you get at seaside arcades where you smack them on the head and a leg comes out, has that helped?
  • Yep, got him now.
  • cfgs said:

uie2 said:

Signing Eddie Youds in the Jan transfer window the season we won the play offs was good! He was a rock in that winning run!

Mills arrived as well. The good old days when the club wanted to move forward and had the idea of how to do it.
    I can't remember when we actually signed them, as there was no window then, just the transfer deadline day!
  • edited January 2017
    Just looked him up and incredibly given what a special talent he was that was the end of Rhys Williams career in England and he's now back in Australia with Perth Glory who have the second worst defensive record in the A-League, surely a coincidence.