Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Socks

Any favourites?

As I'm on a self inflicted valley ban under the douchebags reign ,I've got quite nifty with the old domestics, house has never looked so clean!

Can anyone recommend a brand of socks that don't fall apart and leave bits over the carpet as I'm fed up of hoovering them up ( any brand suggestions gratefully received) and if you want to post a picture of your favourite pair, even better!

Comments

• Got given a pack from one of those city slicker suit and shirt chains, Hawes and Curtis or Charles Tyrwhitt i think. 18 months on, still no holes.

Presume they're expensive in sock terms, but way better than the rubbish I normally buy myself from TK Maxx.
  • se9addick said:

You boys need to get back down the Valley, this boycott isn't worth it !

Can we have a whip round for a boiler?
  • Funny you should say this MIA, was sorting out a few drawers last week and discovered I had 129 pairs of socks. All good, paired and no holes.

Took a harsh approach and got it down to 55.

Wheres that picture of your shoe collection?
  • edited January 2017

Funny you should say this MIA, was sorting out a few drawers last week and discovered I had 129 pairs of socks. All good, paired and no holes.

"All good, paired and no holes".......but can the same be said of your drawers?
  • edited January 2017
    AFKA , you've set me a challenge this week, don't know if I'll get up to 105 pairs though!
  • I dunno, and people complain about the train threads...
  • Sponsored links:

• Happy socks.
  • Any favourites?

As I'm on a self inflicted valley ban under the douchebags reign ,I've got quite nifty with the old domestics, house has never looked so clean!

Can anyone recommend a brand of socks that don't fall apart and leave bits over the carpet as I'm fed up of hoovering them up ( any brand suggestions gratefully received) and if you want to post a picture of your favourite pair, even better!

New Balance - I got a free pair with a pair of trainers a while back an I gotta say they are the most comfortable socks I've ever worn. I've now bought 5 more pairs that I have been wearing through the winter and they are the bollocks. Wear em out in the woods and just walking round the house, love em
  • .....I also have me walking boots over the top when in the woods
  • Superdry.....

But really, is this doing our anorak status anygood? Please, no one do pants
  • There was a book about it back in the seventies, The Joy of Socks, I think it was called.
  • 25May98 said:

Superdry.....

But really, is this doing our anorak status anygood? Please, no one do pants

Pants have already been done. But it was discretely placed in "General Things That Annoy You".
  • Superdry? ffs, not even on me feet!
  • I bought some a few weeks back in TK Max. This label was attached, made me laugh as I envisaged a team of white coated scientists carrying out tests on them.

• Sponsored links:

• Costco - Kirkland Signature Men's Athletic Sock. There is absolutely no turning back once you've had these.
  • MarkyE83 said:

Costco - Kirkland Signature Men's Athletic Sock. There is absolutely no turning back once you've had these.

Bit of a problem if you're caught on the counter then.
  • Any favourites?

Seriously !!! Ramp up the protests we need Roland out and fast look what's happening to us!
  • Funny you should say this MIA, was sorting out a few drawers last week and discovered I had 129 pairs of socks. All good, paired and no holes.

How can anyone have an internal monologue that goes "Well, I have thrown out seventy-five pairs of socks, which is great. So, what should I do with this last pair? Yes, that's it, I'll keep them. I'll never manage with only fifty-four pairs"?

129! Reminds me of the old joke.

First school trip, my mum reminded me to put clean socks on every day.
    By Friday I couldn't get my boots on.

Tah dah!

I've got about 50 pairs and thought that was out of control - now I realise I am a mere apprentice
    How big is your house to store all those bad boys?
  • They were literally only in two or three drawers. 18 pairs of swimming shorts was more of a surprise!
  • Swisdom said:

Funny you should say this MIA, was sorting out a few drawers last week and discovered I had 129 pairs of socks. All good, paired and no holes.

I've got about 50 pairs and thought that was out of control - now I realise I am a mere apprentice
    How big is your house to store all those bad boys?
    @AFKABartram has very small feet...

• They were literally only in two or three drawers. 18 pairs of swimming shorts was more of a surprise!

Eighteen pairs of swimming shorts? The miind boggles.