Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comedians that are just not funny

Comments

• James corden, if he even counts as a comedian

100%
    Not a comedian mate.
  • Miranda.
    Close the thread.

About to post exactly the same
    Ditto.
  • Michael McIntyre or what ever his name is about as funny as the trots

Out of all the unfunny ones, he's the one you want to thump. Repeatedly. Until he shuts that stupid, smug gob.
  • edited January 2017

Michael McIntyre or what ever his name is about as funny as the trots

Out of all the unfunny ones, he's the one you want to thump. Repeatedly. Until he shuts that stupid, smug gob.
    Christ almighty.....the blokes simply trying to make you laugh, ok he's not succeeding but all you wanna do is smash him one....who'd want to be a comedian. A very very tuff profession and certainly not for the faint hearted.
    That's somewhat OTT AA, even if you are trying to be funny.
  • So, all comedians aren't funny.
  • edited December 2016
    Sara Pascoe
    Chris Ramsey
    Dara o'brieaeieieaeean
  • I quite fancy Sara Pascoe though, so I'm willing to forgive her.
  • clb74 said:

ElfsborgAddick
    This

You're funny, when wearing your shorts in northern hovels whilst people are wearing scarves and wooly hats.
    The shorts got an airing today as well.
  • Is comedy in this country even exsistant anymore?
    Mostly just liberals spouting thier vitriol.

:)
  • Anyone see Milton Jones on soccer am earlier today?

Apparently he's a comedian.
  • Sponsored links:

• IdleHans said:

I quite fancy Sara Pascoe though, so I'm willing to forgive her.

Lives in Lewisham.
  • Noel Fielding
  • colthe3rd said:

James corden, if he even counts as a comedian

100%
    Not a comedian mate.
    Happy new year, Colts
  • colthe3rd said:

James corden, if he even counts as a comedian

100%
    Not a comedian mate.
    Happy new year, Colts
    Happy new year biggie.
  • Huskaris said:

Lee Evans - I just don't get it. I also have to wipe my TV down after he is on... So shiny.
    Chris Addison - We get it, you are left wing, hahahahah Tories are shit... Cool.
    Anyone who relies on their background as some ridiculous stereotype, eg people who have every joke as I am gay (One of the Carr's cant remember which), I am Asian (Russell Peters)

And as I am on that list, more or less every single female comedian is at best, shit at standup, the humour in general relies on the fact they are female rather than that they are funny. They are there to meet a quota in most cases and not because they have any talent. There are a few exceptions to this, but they are the exception

Stephen Fry - Literally just a diva who likes to throw a tantrum, but like most leftwing loudmouths has been given "national treasure" status meaning he can do no wrong when in reality, he just seems like a bit of a cock who throws his toys out of the pram.

A lot of these people can be funny on TV shows, but on the stand up circuit are severely lacking.

Unfortunately a lot of standup is split into two camps. Either deliberately provocative and trying to cause as much offense as possible for the sake of it (Boyle) or so unbelievably left wing and tolerant (most BBC shows). There are a few that fall outside this realm and are genuinely funny but they are few and far inbetween.

Rich Hall and Jim Jefferies stand out to me as 2 who are exceptionally funny.

A great example is Charlie Brooker, one of the biggest dickheads when he is trying to be funny on standup, so tedious, but Black Mirror is 10/10.

Not sure I've ever caught Stephen Fry or Charlie Brooker's stand up tours...
    Never let facts get in the way of a baseless dislike Leroy, this is Charlton Life after all...
  • rikofold said:

Talal said:

Sara Pascoe
    Chris Ramsey
    Dara o'brieaeieieaeean

You seen O Briain live? He's one of the funniest stand ups out there in my view. Surprised me how good he is.
    No don't watch much stand up, just going by tv appearances. He rinses jokes til they're beyond dead which I find irritating.
  • edited January 2017

Huskaris said:

Lee Evans - I just don't get it. I also have to wipe my TV down after he is on... So shiny.
    Chris Addison - We get it, you are left wing, hahahahah Tories are shit... Cool.
    Anyone who relies on their background as some ridiculous stereotype, eg people who have every joke as I am gay (One of the Carr's cant remember which), I am Asian (Russell Peters)

And as I am on that list, more or less every single female comedian is at best, shit at standup, the humour in general relies on the fact they are female rather than that they are funny. They are there to meet a quota in most cases and not because they have any talent. There are a few exceptions to this, but they are the exception

Stephen Fry - Literally just a diva who likes to throw a tantrum, but like most leftwing loudmouths has been given "national treasure" status meaning he can do no wrong when in reality, he just seems like a bit of a cock who throws his toys out of the pram.

A lot of these people can be funny on TV shows, but on the stand up circuit are severely lacking.

Unfortunately a lot of standup is split into two camps. Either deliberately provocative and trying to cause as much offense as possible for the sake of it (Boyle) or so unbelievably left wing and tolerant (most BBC shows). There are a few that fall outside this realm and are genuinely funny but they are few and far inbetween.

A great example is Charlie Brooker, one of the biggest dickheads when he is trying to be funny on standup, so tedious, but Black Mirror is 10/10.

Never let facts get in the way of a baseless dislike Leroy, this is Charlton Life after all...
    Soz, I missed the bit where it said the comedians had to be stand up.

Must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder , must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder , must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder , must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder , must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder , must try harder, must try harder, must try harder , must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder
  • Talal said:

Sara Pascoe
    Chris Ramsey
    Dara o'brieaeieieaeean

Saw Sara Pascoe live a year or so ago and thought she was pretty good. Got tickets to see her again in March.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2017
    Anyone see the Ken Dodd documentary last night?
    Absolutely brilliant......not sure if it's a repeat......if you have catch up it's well worth a viewing.
  • Huskaris said:

Must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder , must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder , must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder , must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder , must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder , must try harder, must try harder, must try harder , must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder, must try harder
    You must mate, I'll quote the bit of Huskaris' post that Leroy and I are referring to, just to give you a head start on that trying business: " ... Charlie Brooker, one of the biggest dickheads when his is trying to be funny on stand up...". Not everything I post is having a pop at you... :wink:
  • Will Self tries to be funny, but utter plank!
    Russell Brand
    Jimmy Carr
    Alan Carr
    Dale Winton
    Eddie Izzard
    Jo Brand (sadly repulsive)
  • Huskaris said:

You must mate, I'll quote the bit of Huskaris' post that Leroy and I are referring to, just to give you a head start on that trying business: " ... Charlie Brooker, one of the biggest dickheads when his is trying to be funny on stand up...". Not everything I post is having a pop at you... :wink:
    Like I said, must try harder ; )
  • Sounds like a New Year's resolution to me.

Won't be long before we are back in the land of 'I'll consider looking into it.'
  • Sounds like a New Year's resolution to me.

Won't be long before we are back in the land of 'I'll consider looking into it.'

You sound like my Mrs
  • edited January 2017

Will Self tries to be funny, but utter plank!
    Russell Brand
    Jimmy Carr
    Alan Carr
    Dale Winton
    Eddie Izzard
    Jo Brand (sadly repulsive)

Will Self?? He's a writer not a comedian.
  • Nigel Williamson.....AKA....IncorruptibleAddick
  • LawrieAbrahams
    2:42PM edited 2:42PM

said: Will Self?? He's a writer not a comedian

Will Self spouts so much crap, he can only be a failed comedian,
    or ex drug addick, oh I forgot!!!!
  • Keith Lemon. Not a comedian, just unfunny. Don't know how that character is still going.