Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comedians that are just not funny

Comments

• Romesh Ranganathan
  • Russell Howard, Michael McIntyre and Jimmy Carr.
  • edited December 2016
    Lee Evans - I just don't get it. I also have to wipe my TV down after he is on... So shiny.
    Chris Addison - We get it, you are left wing, hahahahah Tories are shit... Cool.
    Anyone who relies on their background as some ridiculous stereotype, eg people who have every joke as I am gay (One of the Carr's cant remember which), I am Asian (Russell Peters)

And as I am on that list, more or less every single female comedian is at best, shit at standup, the humour in general relies on the fact they are female rather than that they are funny. They are there to meet a quota in most cases and not because they have any talent. There are a few exceptions to this, but they are the exception

Stephen Fry - Literally just a diva who likes to throw a tantrum, but like most leftwing loudmouths has been given "national treasure" status meaning he can do no wrong when in reality, he just seems like a bit of a cock who throws his toys out of the pram.

A lot of these people can be funny on TV shows, but on the stand up circuit are severely lacking.

Unfortunately a lot of standup is split into two camps. Either deliberately provocative and trying to cause as much offense as possible for the sake of it (Boyle) or so unbelievably left wing and tolerant (most BBC shows). There are a few that fall outside this realm and are genuinely funny but they are few and far inbetween.

Rich Hall and Jim Jefferies stand out to me as 2 who are exceptionally funny.

A great example is Charlie Brooker, one of the biggest dickheads when he is trying to be funny on standup, so tedious, but Black Mirror is 10/10.
  • I think Stephen Fry is overatted.
  • Pretty much all of em to be fair.
    Back in the 70s they were racists and sexist.
    Nowadays they are mainly bleeding heart liberals.
    Give me a good sitcom instead like fools and horses or Blackadder or whatever

What channel was whatever on?
  • edited December 2016

Pretty much all of em to be fair.

Are you trying to be funny moosh?
  • Pretty much all of em to be fair.

Can you be added to the list :smile:
  • Michael McIntyre, unfunny posh bloke and Kevin Bridges, relying on his accent for laughs. You're still not funny, mate.
  • Huskaris,I would assume(hope) that anybody on Charlton life wouldn't give a a hoot if you are male or female,black, white or Asian. gay or lesbian. live, love, laugh and be happy.ps I agree on Brooker!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2016
    Michael McIntyre and Dave Gorman. Both as funny as a hole in a parachute.
  • Russell Brand just awful
  • Roland Duchatelet. He has to be a sick joke surely and not very funny
  • ElfsborgAddick
    This
  • clb74 said:

ElfsborgAddick
    This

You're funny, when wearing your shorts in northern hovels whilst people are wearing scarves and wooly hats.
  • Southern softies mate

as a comedian, perhaps, but as a philosopher?
  • markmc68 said:

I can't do Michael McIntyre. Is he funny because I turn over as soon as I see him.

Came here to say that.

I just don't find him funny, the missus loves him but I find something really frustrating about him.. not sure whether it's voice or his face?
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't believe no one has said Ricky Gervais yet!! I don't agree, just remember it was the 'in' thing to say a few years ago. 'He's just like his character in The Office', 'he's racist, sexist, homophobic' etc.
  • Russell Kane
  • Jim Davidson

Michael McIntyre

Russell Brand

as a comedian, perhaps, but as a philosopher?
    He is to life what Roland is to running football clubs
  • colthe3rd said:

Charlie Brooker

Not a comedian mate.
    Comedian / satirist, same thing
  • colthe3rd said:

Charlie Brooker

Not a comedian mate.
    Comedian / satirist, same thing
    Not really.
  • Huskaris said:

Lee Evans - I just don't get it. I also have to wipe my TV down after he is on... So shiny.
    Chris Addison - We get it, you are left wing, hahahahah Tories are shit... Cool.
    Anyone who relies on their background as some ridiculous stereotype, eg people who have every joke as I am gay (One of the Carr's cant remember which), I am Asian (Russell Peters)

And as I am on that list, more or less every single female comedian is at best, shit at standup, the humour in general relies on the fact they are female rather than that they are funny. They are there to meet a quota in most cases and not because they have any talent. There are a few exceptions to this, but they are the exception

Stephen Fry - Literally just a diva who likes to throw a tantrum, but like most leftwing loudmouths has been given "national treasure" status meaning he can do no wrong when in reality, he just seems like a bit of a cock who throws his toys out of the pram.

A lot of these people can be funny on TV shows, but on the stand up circuit are severely lacking.

Unfortunately a lot of standup is split into two camps. Either deliberately provocative and trying to cause as much offense as possible for the sake of it (Boyle) or so unbelievably left wing and tolerant (most BBC shows). There are a few that fall outside this realm and are genuinely funny but they are few and far inbetween.

Rich Hall and Jim Jefferies stand out to me as 2 who are exceptionally funny.

A great example is Charlie Brooker, one of the biggest dickheads when he is trying to be funny on standup, so tedious, but Black Mirror is 10/10.

To be fair to Stephen fry he's bi polar, so him throwing his toys out the pram could be his illness manifesting itself.

Charlie brooker I find irritating, but even more irritating is that I actually agree and find what he says funny a lot of the time.

What female comedian was on his wipe last night? She was as funny as the shit I'm taking right now as I write on my phone. She almost sent me to sleep