Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Karl says we will spend in January (and seems very upbeat about it). How much and on who is anyone's guess. Any ideas?

Comments

• well sell lookman n magennis n roland rat will pocket all the cash OUR CLUB

Actually, I reckon we'll outlay anything up to £2m, probably on midfielders. I think we'll have a bigger squad than before, even after outgoings. Could be wrong. Let's see before we leap to judgement!
  • There must be a Kinsella, Graham Stuart type out there somewhere. I really feel this is all we need to push on.
  • Hmmm, think we had all this with Russell as well. Then a week before the window closed he was coming out with statements in the press that we were still 6 players short.

It almost seemed as if he'd been promised when he took the job that he'd be able to sign a load of players but the reality turned out to be quite the opposite of that.

Anyway, Katrien has said on a number of occasions that they've learned from their mistakes so I'm sure we'll get it right this time.

Premier League here we come (Ryman Premier League obviously).
  • As he is taking Jacko with him, perhaps we should bombard Jacko's Twitter with our ideas!
  • MrLargo said:

Hmmm, think we had all this with Russell as well. Then a week before the window closed he was coming out with statements in the press that we were still 6 players short.

It almost seemed as if he'd been promised when he took the job that he'd be able to sign a load of players but the reality turned out to be quite the opposite of that.

Anyway, Katrien has said on a number of occasions that they've learned from their mistakes so I'm sure we'll get it right this time.

Premier League here we come (Ryman Premier League obviously).

I'm pretty sure it will be the same old story as well. Why would it be any different. RD & KM are incompetent. Roland will tell KR that Joe Aribo signing a new deal is ample
  • From a fairly reliable source, Ade cousin, is that he doesn't want to leave because he wants first team football. So the sun story 'wanted first team assurances' may ring true..
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

Mentioned on another thread, apparently Lookman is a done deal to Everton. This was done a few weeks ago just after Bolaise got injured. Rising to 5.7m.

So LESS than we supposedly turn down in the summer?
  • No way Lookman will get into Evertons match day squad let alone first eleven. If the fee is anywhere near £10 million I'd be very surprised.

I think an amount rising to what Redhenry says is probably pretty close.

• Redhenry said:

Mentioned on another thread, apparently Lookman is a done deal to Everton. This was done a few weeks ago just after Bolaise got injured. Rising to 5.7m.

So LESS than we supposedly turn down in the summer?
    The Sun(I know, I know) is saying £10 million.
  • Redhenry said:

But it cant be,Katie said he wasnt going to be sold and theres no way she'd lie.....
  • Karl says we will spend in January (and seems very desperate about it). How much and on who is anyone's guess. Any ideas?

Fixed :wink:
  • With the amount of money floating around in the PL now - £100m for last place - £5.7mill (seemingly only this if performance targets are met) is an appalling piece of negotiation.
  • If it lines his pockets,and it hurts us that is what that toss pot will do.
  • If Lookman goes, lets hope Everton have a spare midfielder to loan us.
  • Sponsored links:

• When are coaches went up North, did they take in an Everton under 23 match?
  • edited December 2016
    Redrobo said:

If Lookman goes, lets hope Everton have a spare midfielder to loan us.

If he's anything like that stroppy useless twat we had a few seasons ago then they can keep him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_McEveley

Yes i know he was a defender,just saying like.
  • Redrobo said:

If he's anything like that stroppy useless twat we had a few seasons ago then they can keep him.

Didn't think he was too bad, we had another one of theirs a couple of seasons back and he was poor, can't remember his name though.
  • Redrobo said:

think your getting him mixed up with Conor McAleny

• Redrobo said:

think your getting him mixed up with Conor McAleny
    Yep,i am indeed DOH!!
  • Nothing wrong with a young player being cocky as long as he keeps that to his football and not into the rest of his life.

I think Lookman will have a very good chance of making it as a PL player but I'm not convinced that's for another three or four years. Needs football games in good environment and that isn't always easy to find out on loan as a young man.