Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Darts

That Corey Cadby looked useful in the preliminary earlier.

Comments

• Looks a top prospect in the making. Unlucky to lose to Cullen today but that was the best I had ever seen him play.
  • Game of great quality that, very enjoyable and the 21 year old has a promising future. Lewis will have to up his game.
  • Couldn't stay awake for it. Sounded like a cracking game.
  • Anderson for me tonight
  • Can't see it
  • MvG for me. Not sure him winning everything is good for the game though
  • MVG I suspect. He's brilliant although he seems a bit odd to me. Can't put my finger on it but there is something a bit peculiar about him. Would like to see GAndo get a hat trick. If anyone can beat MVG it's him.
  • If I had to bet on it I'd say MvG too.

But I really want Anderson, not keen on MvG.
  • With you on this Leeds addict.
    Caught him (MVG) smirking a few times when Anderson has thrown poorly.
    Also had him at 11/2 to win
  • With you on this Leeds addict.
    Caught him (MVG) smirking a few times when Anderson has thrown poorly.
    Also had him at 11/2 to win

MvG just looks absolutely unbeatable at the moment. Doesn't even seem to ever have a slightly off day. And he's not even 30, could dominate for another 20+ years. It's scary.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gonna be a procession in a minute unfortunately. Was close for a while but Anderson missed a dart for 3-1 and then kaboom. Will be over in another 15 mins.
  • Would love to see MVG take all of Taylor's records
  • Would love to see MVG take all of Taylor's records

Not a bad shout tbf
  • Like watching a robot play at times.

Outstanding
  • Taylor in his prime wouldn't even be able to cope with this, absolutely phenomenal stuff.
  • Mvg on fire, 125 outshot.

He gets bonus points for looking like Kane from the WWE

• The thing is, you watch games like this then get served up with that BBC crap next week. They all wet themselves because Wolfe got out in 15 darts.
  • First time ever no Englishman in the last four.

We can't even do fat sports nowadays
  • Has MVG ever been seen in the same room as Matt Lucas?
  • The thing is, you watch games like this then get served up with that BBC crap next week. They all wet themselves because Wolfe got out in 15 darts.

Agreed. Difference in class is phenomenal. BBC given it up. It's on Channel 4 now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wow 42 maximums in a single game, 22 for The Flying Scotsman, both records. Both averages well over 100 too

Agreed. Difference in class is phenomenal. BBC given it up. It's on Channel 4 now.
    Yup, BBC ditched the BDO shite in favour of the new PDC Champions League tournament (September I think).
  • Only downer on the darts is Sky seemed to have a conscious approach to featuring the walk on girls less. Poor show
  • Every year we all say that the standard cannot get much higher, yet it does. Just seeing people getting beat when they average 100+ say's it all
  • Peter Wight said that young players will need to consistently average over 100 to compete with the top guns. I'd suggest that they need to average 108.

The standard this year was unbelievable, but I do agree with AFKA, the walk on girls had less coverage this year.
  • I always find the criticism of the BDO unfair & unnecessary. Every PDC world champion bar Adrian Lewis began their career in the BDO. There will always be a place for the BDO in darts, as they provide a vital platform for players to cut their teeth before moving onto the next level.
  • I always find the criticism of the BDO unfair & unnecessary. Every PDC world champion bar Adrian Lewis began their career in the BDO. There will always be a place for the BDO in darts, as they provide a vital platform for players to cut their teeth before moving onto the next level.

In my eyes it is marginally similar to Rugby Union/Rugby League. Both have a place in the world.
  • Markg2004 said:

I always find the criticism of the BDO unfair & unnecessary. Every PDC world champion bar Adrian Lewis began their career in the BDO. There will always be a place for the BDO in darts, as they provide a vital platform for players to cut their teeth before moving onto the next level.

In my eyes it is marginally similar to Rugby Union/Rugby League. Both have a place in the world.
    What a lot of people forget is that BDO players are not professional. They have jobs outside of darts and receive very little in sponsorship compared to PDC players. Very few BDO world champions make the transition these days as they have to forfeit their £100k Lakeside winnings if they do so and then in most cases have to pay out of their own pockets for travel, hotels, etc for PDC tournaments.
  • BDO
    Position Men Women
    Champion £100,000 £12,000
    Runner-up £35,000 £5,000
    Semi-finalists £15,000 £2,000
    Quarter-finalists: £6,500 £1,000

PDC

Winner £300,000
    Final £150,000
    Semi Final £70,000
    Quarter Final £35,000