Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robinson just interviewed on talksport

Just on the Jim white show,, came across very well.

Comments

• Shurely not.

That would be provably incorrect.
  • I don't supposed they asked him what the aim is beyond promotion? Does he know that all Roland wants to do is run a player farm which classes success as finishing above the relegation zone in the Championship?
  • edited November 2016
    Interview available to listen to here;
    http://talksport.com/football/listen-hes-laid-back-guy-and-very-fanatical-football-fan-new-charlton-boss-karl-robinson

All very enthusiatic from KR with all the right sound bites which you would expect so early in his new job. As others have said he's on a no lose situation having found work so soon after leaving the franchise. He wants everyone to pull together but in the light of today's 'Getting to know the Network' revelations, he has one hell of a job though, if he didn't have already, getting the vast majority of the fan base back on board; good luck with that one Karl.
  • Thanks for the link. He really does sound genuinely excited about restoring us to somewhere near where most of us see as reasonable, but time will tell if he's been systematically lied to in regard to interference and shared visions.
  • Paddy7 said:

Thanks for the link. He really does sound genuinely excited about restoring us to somewhere near where most of us see as reasonable, but time will tell if he's been systematically lied to in regard to interference and shared visions.

Agreed, as he says, he can only take what he has been told by the heirachy at face value thus far.
  • “He said to me he watches every game live, wherever he is, he has an opinion about every game and I think he speaks to Katrien [Meire] about that.

“He said, ‘I employ you to do your job. I don’t dictate, I don’t tell you what to do, I don’t put pressure on you when things aren’t going right’.

“I heard a great story about one of his managers who lost a very big game, and he actually drove round to his house to see if he was ok.

“These are the things I’m being told and I have to take them at face value.”

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/listen-hes-laid-back-guy-and-very-fanatical-football-fan-new-charlton-boss-karl-robinson#o8jRH7jOAV8fhk5i..

So Karl's been told the usual pack of lies.

I'd offer RD & KM a tiny bit of respect if they admitted the truth.

Why not say, "yes I did interfere, but I did it for what I thought were the best of reasons.

I try my best to watch all Charlton games live, but sometimes this isn't always possible if I have prior comittments."

If KM said, "Ok, I've had to be economical with the truth on occasions, because I have been trying to defend our mistakes, which in hindsight, were indefensible".

And then hell froze over mate :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• “He said to me he watches every game live, wherever he is, he has an opinion about every game and I think he speaks to Katrien [Meire] about that.

“He said, ‘I employ you to do your job. I don’t dictate, I don’t tell you what to do, I don’t put pressure on you when things aren’t going right’.

“I heard a great story about one of his managers who lost a very big game, and he actually drove round to his house to see if he was ok.

“These are the things I’m being told and I have to take them at face value.”

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/listen-hes-laid-back-guy-and-very-fanatical-football-fan-new-charlton-boss-karl-robinson#o8jRH7jOAV8fhk5i..

So Karl's been told the usual pack of lies.

I'd offer RD & KM a tiny bit of respect if they admitted the truth.

Why not say, "yes I did interfere, but I did it for what I thought were the best of reasons.

I try my best to watch all Charlton games live, but sometimes this isn't always possible if I have prior comittments."

If KM said, "Ok, I've had to be economical with the truth on occasions, because I have been trying to defend our mistakes, which in hindsight, were indefensible".

What a load of nonsense
  • edited November 2016

He drove (from Belgium?) round to a manager's house to see if he was ok and then sacked him just to make sure he wasn't.

Enhanced that for you mate :wink: .
  • He's in a difficult position but all he can do is keep the team on this mini run and hopefully improve on it.
    If RD is still up for meddling like he did with Powell then that will be impossible but hopefully he's learnt to step off. It's unlikely but I live in hope.
  • Is KR on twatter? Perhaps a link to here might give him some insight to how the fans feel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:

Drove round. Parked. Opened the boot. Dragged a tied-up youth team 'keeper out. Dumped him on the doorstep. Knocked on the door. Fucked off.

A bit topical that one mate I'm sure it was unintentional :open_mouth: .

• “I heard a great story about one of his managers who lost a very big game, and he actually drove round to his house to see if he was ok.

".

Well that's one reason for employing managers from Belgium
  • IAIA
    edited November 2016
    Dave2l said:

Karl - look at the facts.

"Roland seems quite laid back" - weird unique statement issued in March after boro win.

"Roland drove round managers house to see if he was ok" - 8 managers in 3 years.

"Roland is football fanatical" yeh, to the point where he thinks he knows more about it then you. The patronizing moron. (Email sent to Chris Powell)

"Roland watches games on live stream" Charlton were playing Swindon away at the same time members of CARD saw him having lunch.

I love Robbos enthusiasm.

I instinctively believe he is the right man for the job.

Talks a good talk.

It's all quite weird though isn't it. The whole thing. Charlton. Roland. The network.

{...}
  • He drove (from Belgium?) round to a manager's house to see if he was ok. And then sacked him.

i know mate , it's daft, he could have used the 'card' taxi.

• Is it actually possible to watch every Charlton game on live stream, or even recorded? It's always mentioned but can it be true? Seems implausible to me but......
    Would appreciate a link if there is one because I have not seen it confirmed anywhere although dear Katrien said it was possible...........
  • Is it actually possible to watch every Charlton game on live stream, or even recorded? It's always mentioned but can it be true? Seems implausible to me but......
    Would appreciate a link if there is one because I have not seen it confirmed anywhere although dear Katrien said it was possible...........

I believe it is for a select few. (Someone explained it recently).
  • I've always thought it sounded like nonsense to be entirely honest. If only because I can't see them going to that much effort.