Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Matt Holland on TalkSport tonight, 29/11/16

Just listening to talksport at 19.00 and Matt will be on to discuss the present plight at Charlton, and his meeting with Karl Robinson. Won't be listening myself, as Liverpool are my second team, will be watching them defeat Dirty Leeds

Comments

• So I expect dedicated Lifers to listen for me to tell me what he says!
  • Well that was convenient of the Pitch Club Robinson to invite Matt this morning, but one can't be cynical or negative :-)
  • They are just about to discuss Charlton
  • Matt Holland very fair. He recognises what is wrong.
    So why does RD leave KM there.
    Hope he is right about KR and he does what he wants, players etc.
    But until KM goes the fan base will remain alienated.
  • Matt Holland seemed very positive which I guess he would be after visiting the club. He and the program didn't understand why the fans had gone away and thought success on the field would bring the fans back.
  • It may be true RD did not pick the teams, but he imposed his players on the managers, players selected by (at that time) unknown scouts. KR said players will be signed by a selection group including him, but if it still includes Thomas Driesen and other Belgian scouts, KR will not have a good selection. Slade said he had the last say on who signed and perhaps KR has as well, but he has to have a decent selection of players to choose from
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

And apparently she admitted to him that mistakes have been made. Think I've heard that before a few hundred times. Why do journos never press her on this?

What mistakes have you made? Why do you keep repeating them?

I think the media will only go so far. Even though Matt has connections with us and Powell probably told him (and others in the game) the real truth, there's this sort of conservative type approach stopping them being outwardly critical and going for the jugular. It's strange because you would think it's in the journalistic interest to press and probe.

I think she's got this initial charm that seems to work on the neutral, and that seems to do enough to deflect her incompetences, that you and I know all too welll
  • ross1 said:

It may be true RD did not pick the teams, but he imposed his players on the managers, players selected by (at that time) unknown scouts. KR said players will be signed by a selection group including him, but if it still includes Thomas Driesen and other Belgian scouts, KR will not have a good selection. Slade said he had the last say on who signed and perhaps KR has as well, but he has to have a decent selection of players to choose from

I doubt Driesen and co had much input into the likes of Ajose, Magennis, Novak, Pearce, Crofts, etc they just don't fit into the recruitment patterns of the previous summers

Don't forget Steve Head will be a key part of this recruitment committee as well
  • MrLargo said:

Sounded like he'd been sucked in to me. They have an interview with Powell from the Sports Bar from about a year ago that you can still listen to on the Talksport where he confirms Roland's interference in team selection.

Matt Holland said he met Katrien and she assured him that Roland's never intervened with team selection. Matt Holland knows Chris Powell - how's he let her get away with that?!

If I was a relatively popular ex Charlton player, or respected football journo of national media influence, I'd get down to sparrows lane on my travels.

Garunteed blow job.

• MrLargo said:

Sounded like he'd been sucked in to me. They have an interview with Powell from the Sports Bar from about a year ago that you can still listen to on the Talksport where he confirms Roland's interference in team selection.

Matt Holland said he met Katrien and she assured him that Roland's never intervened with team selection. Matt Holland knows Chris Powell - how's he let her get away with that?!

More porkies from Meire? Never!

Fair play to Robinson in getting Matty down to the training ground, but as we know with people meeting Meire for the first time, they are taken in by what she has to say. God knows why, but they do.

The night that Slade got the sack, I listened to Matt on Talksport and he was fuming/angry with what's going on at the football club. Interesting view from him now
  • edited November 2016
    We keep getting
    boggzy said:

Sounds to me like he's suddenly become a complete pushover.

Which, let's face it, he was on the pitch once Parker left.

Did not Parker cry because we would not let him leave ???