Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bookmarking

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I bookmark (or star) a discussion on an iPhone please?

Thanks,

Comments

• Scroll down to the bottom and switch to full site mode.
  • edited November 2016
    I read that as bookmaking - thought I might be able to add something for once!!
  • On the main discussion list on the right hand side of the screen will be a star level with the thread title. Click that
  • On the main discussion list on the right hand side of the screen will be a star level with the thread title. Click that

Thanks, I thought that used to work but it doesn't seem to now. I've tried it several times but it just opens the thread and when I go back to the forum it is not 'starred'.
  • Yeah I some how bookmarked the transfer rumours thread and oh god it's destroying me with notifications

Thanks, I thought that used to work but it doesn't seem to now. I've tried it several times but it just opens the thread and when I go back to the forum it is not 'starred'.
    It won't be "starred" if you use the browser's back button (or swipe back) because you're reloading the page as it was before you bookmarked it. If you reload the main page again, the "starring" will be reflected. I think that's what's going on here in your case (possibly!).
  • Bookmarking?
    War and Peace. 5/10.
  • LoOkOuT said:

On the main discussion list on the right hand side of the screen will be a star level with the thread title. Click that

It won't be "starred" if you use the browser's back button (or swipe back) because you're reloading the page as it was before you bookmarked it. If you reload the main page again, the "starring" will be reflected. I think that's what's going on here in your case (possibly!).
    Sadly that's not what's happening. I realised a long time ago that pressing the back button doesn't update the latest page on each thread etc. so I don't use that. What happens when I press the star is that it does from a blue outline of a star to a filled in star for a fraction of a second and then it opens the thread. Then when I go into the 'favourites' in Safari and re open CL it is still not 'starred'.

If I have a problem with the settings on my phone (although I've no idea how to fix that) that's fine I just wondered if there was something I wasn't doing that would enable me to do this on my mobile.

Thanks.