Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• edited October 2016
    19/20. didn't get Alain Perrin
  • 13/20.

10 of them were educated guesses.
  • 17 for me. That was bloody hard. Two of the three I got wrong, I cant remember their names at all!
  • 17/20 a couple were guesses
  • 15 but a couple I got from the club ties or the crowd in the background
  • 19/20.

I didn't recognise Jacques Santini. He was the one who left Spurs the day before we went to WHL and beat them 3-2.
  • 19, didn't recognise Jim Jefferies.

19/20.

I didn't recognise Jacques Santini. He was the one who left Spurs the day before we went to WHL and beat them 3-2.

That's right, Martin Jol was in charge. 3 nil up in that game but ending up sweating. Great days. We went a long, long time without getting beaten at WHL - think there was a couple of games at the end of our previous stint in the top flight, a Monday night 2-2 in the first prem season, a couple of 1-0s courtesy of Powell and Carlton Cole and a 2-2 when we were 2-0 up. Think there was a 0-0 in there somewhere as well, which was still significantly more enjoyable than last weekend's boredraw.
  • 16, tough quiz!
  • 19/20.

That the game Bartlett got two and was then sent off for a diving save on the goal line?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2016
    MrLargo said:

19, didn't recognise Jim Jefferies.

19/20.

That's right, Martin Jol was in charge. 3 nil up in that game but ending up sweating. Great days. We went a long, long time without getting beaten at WHL - think there was a couple of games at the end of our previous stint in the top flight, a Monday night 2-2 in the first prem season, a couple of 1-0s courtesy of Powell and Carlton Cole and a 2-2 when we were 2-0 up. Think there was a 0-0 in there somewhere as well, which was still significantly more enjoyable than last weekend's boredraw.
    dont worry, the Spurs players didn't recognise him either.

*whsipers* That was the last time you beat Spurs *exits thread right, walking away with hands in pockets*
  • And the last time we played you in a league game you sent us down.
  • 17/20 with a few guesses

It's reassuring that baffling managerial appointments have actually been part of the PL since it started!
  • There are a couple on there that were absolute disasters - ones that you knew would be immediately after being announced.
  • MrLargo said:

19/20.

The 0-0 was woeful - Andy Booth played for spurs that day.

The 2-2 on Monday night I remember very well. I was in the main stand on a corporate (it's not just Sue who gets her perks) I spent most of the game hurling abuse at Alan Nielsen (who scored I think). Only to find out his parents were sitting in front of me.
  • 15 ... remembered Les Reed .. how could I forget his nightmare Valley managerial spell (great number 2 and academy man though)
  • iaitch said:

And the last time we played you in a league game you sent us down.

I avoided bringing that back up.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

MrLargo said:

19/20.

dont worry, the Spurs players didn't recognise him either.

*whsipers* That was the last time you beat Spurs *exits thread right, walking away with hands in pockets*
    *whispers back* we beat spurs the following season 2-0 at the valley, thomas and murphy with the goals