Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swindon Trains

edited October 2016 in Match Day Travel
On the day we play Swindon (Saturday 12th November) there is only one direct train to Swindon an hour due to works. They leave Paddington at 27 minutes past the hour and leave Swindon at 35 minutes past the hour. The journey is much longer than normal. The journey time is just under 2 and a quarter hours.

Otherwise there it's a bus between Didcot and Swindon.

Comments

• edited October 2016
    This has to be done. There's a railway museum at Didcot Parkway, a must for any self respecting Addick :-)
  • isn't that an international weekend, before anyone decides to book anything

Yes, England Scotland is on the Friday
  • As it is SKY I do not think it can be postponed, but check with club.

already been confirmed by the club it will not be postponed due to being on Sky.

already been confirmed by the club it will not be postponed due to being on Sky.
    I read that - it seemed very odd to me. I wrote to the club a few years ago to complain when a fixture at Bristol Rovers was moved at short notice for TV, and Steve Kavanagh told me that the club gets very little at this level from having a match televised. Has that changed, or have the terms of the TV deal changed so that we're not allowed to cancel a Sky appearance?

We'll be without Lookman at Swindon as he'll presumably be with the England U19s, so our chances of walking away with anything other than defeat are already significantly reduced. Is this Katrien being thick or the Football League signing up to a very constrictive deal?
  • If Sky have the game then it cannot be postponed despite having players on international duty.

Who exactly runs the game now? Looks like its Sky rather than the FA or Football League.

Oh well you take their money you dance to their tune.
  • edited October 2016
    If Slade is still in charge, it doesn't matter who we have on the pitch.