Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

May Day, May Day: Are you online right now?

Hey all who are online right now, we're trying to diagnose an issue. For many, the site is inaccessible right now. If you're one of the chosen few, please respond below. Would be helpful to know how you're accessing (mobile/desktop, ISP, general location, number of drinks you've had... etc.)

Thanks!

Comments

• I am able to get in via laptop via ISP, London.
  • I'm in on my iPad, but via vanillaforums
  • Samsung mobile.using url charltonlife.vanillaforums.com/
  • Only the vanillaforums.com domain is working, any attempts to access via charltonlife.com domain do not work. So guessing it is a hosting issue. Has Roly bought the domain with his Euromillions winnings? We should be told.
  • I'm here via windows 10 laptop via Plusnet, Challock in Kent.

However, my mobile can't access it via Giffgaff on 4g (02 network I believe). DNS not found.
  • Android tablet, Sky, Gravesend.
  • vanilla forums only
  • My home DNS is set up to go via Google's public servers. Running an NSlookup it returns the IP address for forum.charltonlife.com just fine from 8.8.8.8. I get DNS not found on my phone on 4G.
  • It's got to be a DNS issue. Something's changed and it's knocked things out. I'm using forum.charltonlife.com, but it seems to be working for most of you through the charltonlife.vanillaforums.com domain. I'll figure it out!
  • Sponsored links:

• Inaccessible how?

Not seen any IT issues logging in through normal iPhone access. All logged in normally.
  • try republishing your zone file from your domain host
  • Thanks for helping narrow down the issue guys
  • Have you tried flushing out the server side cache and delogging the administrator override? This may improve the protocol latency and give you an idea of the domainware timeout issue.
  • HAL, open the pod bay doors.
    Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
    HAL???
  • Followed the link on Facebook. My usual bookmark didn't work.
  • Could only get in via Vanilla Forums...
    (mobile/desktop, ISP-Virgin, general location-Dumbarton (nil), number of drinks you've had - cheeky wee bottle of red... etc.)
    Well played, Roly, but we will win the war!
  • What you think the admins are doing:

What they're actually doing:

• Your usual bookmark @Stig will be forum.charltonlife.com

That's the Domain we seem to be having an issue with.

Charlton.vanillaforums.com is working

Bizarrely (well it is on mine) the Home button / Return to Discussions at the bottom of a thread carries the URL that works, the Forum button at the top of the forum carries the URL that has the issue.

Hopefully @LoOkOuT and our host can resolve it before a hurricane blows his house down tomorrow!
  • Sponsored links:

• My phone shows:

Charltonlife.vanillaforums.com

Had no issues accessing at all today.
  • Your usual bookmark @Stig will be forum.charltonlife.com

That's the Domain we seem to be having an issue with.

Charlton.vanillaforums.com is working

Bizarrely (well it is on mine) the Home button / Return to Discussions at the bottom of a thread carries the URL that works, the Forum button at the top of the forum carries the URL that has the issue.

Hopefully @LoOkOuT and our host can resolve it before a hurricane blows his house down tomorrow!

We'll, you live and learn. I had know idea there was a 'home' button at the bottom. Snap though.
  • Usual bookmark not working. Got in by googling CL
  • Connected now via my bookmark forum.charltonlife.com
  • I blame that @Cabinet bloke for starting all those arguments.
    @T.C.E live from Minster on Sea on Sky T'internert.
  • Who said that?
  • Dansk_Red said:

Connected now via my bookmark forum.charltonlife.com

Yup, working for me too now :smiley:
  • Yep, the other URL seems to be working again.
  • On via forum.charltonlife.com on my iPhone.
  • Firing on all cylinders.