Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol Rovers away-Nov 22nd

Trying to get to as many new grounds as possible this season and noticed that there are London trains back from Bristol after 10pm from both Bristol Parkway (10:02) and Filton Abbey wood (10:09). Has anyone done the Memorial Stadium on the trains in the evening before? Will it be cutting it too fine?

I know we've plenty of train experts on here so any assistance is gratefully received.

Comments

• HandG said:

Trying to get to as many new grounds as possible this season and noticed that there are London trains back from Bristol after 10pm from both Bristol Parkway (10:02) and Filton Abbey wood (10:09). Has anyone done the Memorial Stadium on the trains in the evening before? Will it be cutting it too fine?

I know we've plenty of train experts on here so any assistance is gratefully received.

You'll never get the 21.50 so you'll have to get the 22.35 from Temple Meads.

A solid 45 minutes walk from the station, I'd get a taxi.
  • Thank you mate. As long as getting back is no issue and I don't have to miss any of the game then all is good.

Now the tricky part will be trying to convince my mates that Bristol on a Tuesday night is a good idea.....
  • Good spot - I'm up for this one
  • Our games in Bristol keep getting annoying schedules. Midweek this season, Boxing Day (City) last season, which is a shame as it would be a decent away game for many otherwise
    HandG said:

That train just connects to the 22:35 from Temple Meads anyway, so you have a choice of Filton (which should be walkable in the time available) or a taxi straight to Temple Meads
  • Our games in Bristol keep getting annoying schedules. Midweek this season, Boxing Day (City) last season, which is a shame as it would be a decent away game for many otherwise

HandG said:

That train just connects to the 22:35 from Temple Meads anyway, so you have a choice of Filton (which should be walkable in the time available) or a taxi straight to Temple Meads
    Which if the connection goes sideways you are stuck, thus best to get a taxi.

HandG said:

I think that if you took the Filton train to connect and it was late so that you missed the train to London, then the rail companies would be responsible, whereas if you took a taxi and it was stuck in traffic, then it's your problem not theirs

But don't quote me on it!
  • Definitely going to this one

HandG said:

I think that if you took the Filton train to connect and it was late so that you missed the train to London, then the rail companies would be responsible, whereas if you took a taxi and it was stuck in traffic, then it's your problem not theirs

That would be correct, but if you had two different train companies then you could get caught in the crossfire on who is responsible etc.

HandG said:

That would be correct, but if you had two different train companies then you could get caught in the crossfire on who is responsible etc.
    They're both Great Western

Oh dear, this is turning into a classic Charlton thread :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

HandG said:

If I won the lottery the first thing I would do is go on the Orient Express!
  • HandG said:

Cheers for your help chaps, all booked up on the 16:30 from Paddington and the 10:35 home.

Didn't even bother asking my pals so, if you see a sad looking chap nursing a four pack of premium strength lager and looking rather lonesome, feel free to spare him a couple of minutes of your time.

The ticket for the match are all sold out by the way
  • HandG said:

Cheers for your help chaps, all booked up on the 16:30 from Paddington and the 10:35 home.

Didn't even bother asking my pals so, if you see a sad looking chap nursing a four pack of premium strength lager and looking rather lonesome, feel free to spare him a couple of minutes of your time.

I don't think Rojo will be getting the train back mate.

• George Jones reports

Tickets for Charlton’s trip to Bristol Rovers on Tuesday, November 22nd are now on sale.

The fixture at the Memorial Stadium will be our first match against the Gas since 2011 and we have been handed a full allocation of 650 tickets, of which 150 are seating.

Terraced tickets are priced at £16 adults and £12 under 22s, while over 65s and under 16s are priced at £8.

Seating is priced at £19 adults and £15 under 22s, with over 65s and unders 16s set at £10.

We have also been given a number of ambulant disabled tickets and have access to three wheelchair bays, which are priced at £9 adults, over 65s and under 22s, and £8 under 16s. They all include a free helper.

Tickets for the match can be purchased by visiting The Valley in person, by calling 03330 14 44 44 or by going online. Please click here to visit our ticketing website.

Valley Away will be running a service to the match, priced at £25. Please see below for a list of pick-up times.

Larkfield 12.45pm
    Gravesend 1.10pm
    Dartford 1.25pm
    Bexleyheath 1.40pm
    Bromley 2.10pm
    Eltham 2.30pm
    Charlton 2.45pm

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-tickets-bristol-rovers-3382016.aspx#AeM0WSSyq5xjMtRD.99

Terraced tickets are not available on ticketing website at present.
  • HandG said:

I see an opportunity for (more)free beer!
  • HandG said:

Never let it be said that @ElfsborgAddick misses a window of opportunity. Good work.
  • Terrace tickets now available on website.
  • HandG said:

Never let it be said that @ElfsborgAddick misses a window of opportunity. Good work.
    You'll respect me eventually Otto.
  • Sponsored links:

• HandG said:

Good luck with that. He was best man at my wedding and still has more respect for the "jam" between his toes.
  • He was very appreciative when I bought him a drink.
  • Wtf is the jam btw?
  • How's rovers away got onto jam
  • I'm in - it will be 4 years since my last away win in November, which ironically was Bristol City in 2012.

I can see no perfect symmetry under Slade. Although I do predict a draw

HandG said:

If I won the lottery the first thing I would do is go on the Orient Express!
    Been there, done that. Actually quite good, though at the price they charge it should be.
  • Going down by car, staying over out in the sticks, coming back the next day, so if a couple of people want a lift down but aren't coming back, get in touch.
  • cabbles said:

I'm in - it will be 4 years since my last away win in November, which ironically was Bristol City in 2012.

I can see no perfect symmetry under Slade. Although I do predict a draw

Funny that, exactly the same for me...
  • HandG said:

Good luck with that. He was best man at my wedding and still has more respect for the "jam" between his toes.
    That's not true. I hate Jam.
  • edited October 2016

Going down by car, staying over out in the sticks, coming back the next day, so if a couple of people want a lift down but aren't coming back, get in touch.

Aren't coming back? - what, ever?!?!?