Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dalian Atkinson

Comments

• That goal against Wimbledon was one of the best I've seen. RIP

Clearly more to come from this story in one way or another.
  • His goal of the season will be remembered for years to come. Also the celebration with the guy with the umbrella
    Rip
  • Off_it said:

Someone ban this millwall prick

You seem unjustifiably angry.

I'll bid you a good day, sir.
  • Off_it said:

Cheerio pal, go back to your own site where you can discuss spanners et al
  • Spanish said:

Off_it said:

Cheerio pal, go back to your own site where you can discuss spanners et al
    Caravan site, right?
  • Sounds almost like what happened to smiley culture who randomly died from a "self inflicted" stab wound despite being under police custody.

Does sound a bit dodge being in his own home,

But RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• No doubt the Black Lives Matter crew will be assembling whatever the circumstances.
  • cabbles said:

@Big_Bad_World is actually quite a decent contributor imo gents.

Many thanks. Not sure of what I said that was so offensive that someone felt the need to call for me to be banned.

Speculation will always happen around high profile and/or emotive incidents and I only offered up a couple of possibilities, based on limited information given in the reports, as the question was raised.
  • red_murph said:

iaitch said:

No doubt the Black Lives Matter crew will be assembling whatever the circumstances.

Here's an idea, why don't you wait and see.

Ok I will, probably won't have to wait long.
  • Christ shocked by this.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016
    Chizz said:

Rizzo said:

What on earth was he doing that prompted him being tasered? RIP

Purely speculation but I'd hazard a guess that he was either extremely drunk or had been suffering from some form of mental illness that had led him in to an 'episode' whereby he was a danger to himself or those around him.

RIP. One of my favourite players from back then.
    What good does ill-informed, wild speculation do? In what way does your "guess" add to the sum total of understanding of this tragedy? Why share "speculation", based on unhelpful, baseless supposition?

All we know right now is that someone - probably Dalian Atkinson - has died, following an incident involving the police. Filling in the gaps in the story with made-up incidents isn't helpful.
    Why do you always feel the need to question everyone?

Was what I said ill-informed? It wasn't even, simply, informed, whether ill or not. You've made that assumption and thrown the allegation with no substance behind it other than your own, personal, view of what I said without knowing me.

I would ask why you feel the need to continuously do that to people but fear I may have another 20 questions chucked my way.
  • Greenie said:

Chizz said:

Rizzo said:

Purely speculation but I'd hazard a guess that he was either extremely drunk or had been suffering from some form of mental illness that had led him in to an 'episode' whereby he was a danger to himself or those around him.

What good does ill-informed, wild speculation do? In what way does your "guess" add to the sum total of understanding of this tragedy? Why share "speculation", based on unhelpful, baseless supposition?

All we know right now is that someone - probably Dalian Atkinson - has died, following an incident involving the police. Filling in the gaps in the story with made-up incidents isn't helpful.
    Thats what the Daily Mail is for. Also BBW is one of a handful of Spanners that can string two words together and I for one applaud him for sharing that ability with us.
    Good for him. But in that case, he should be even more aware of the crass stupidity and unhelpfulness of ill-informed speculation.
  • edited August 2016

Chizz said:

Rizzo said:

Why do you always feel the need to question everyone?

Was what I said ill-informed? It wasn't even, simply, informed, whether ill or not. You've made that assumption and thrown the allegation with no substance behind it other than your own, personal, view of what I said without knowing me.

I would ask why you feel the need to continuously do that to people but fear I may have anotger 20 questions chucked my way.
    "Why do you always feel the need to question everyone?" You're asking this with heavy irony, I assume.

It's simply ill-informed because you don't know what happened. That's not an accusation or a criticism. It's a fact. I don't know what happened. I could guess. But I'm not going to. I could guess and post a comment with that guess. But I'm not going to. Why? Because it's unhelpful.

My comment is that your speculation and guesswork isn't helpful. How do I know it's speculation and guesswork? Because you said it was. "Purely speculation but I'd hazard a guess..."

All speculation is unhelpful. So I'm not singling you out on this.

(You've even speculated as to how I might respond to a question. "I may have anotger 20 questions chucked my way").

A man has died. It's almost certainly someone whom we as football fans know. But that's pretty much all we do know. As I said in my initial post, "RIP".
  • edited August 2016
    From Dalian's father.

He was in a real state.

I don’t know if he was drunk or on drugs but he was very agitated and his mind was upset.

The last thing he said to me was ‘don’t move’ when the police came to the door.

He was threatening and very upset. I didn’t call the police but someone else did.

He got Tasered in the street outside in the road. I didn’t see him but I saw a flash. I haven’t had any sleep and cannot take it in.

The police are dealing with this now.

RIP top player
  • DRAddick said:

iainment said:

iaitch said:

No doubt the Black Lives Matter crew will be assembling whatever the circumstances.

Well black lives do matter and the police do often seem to be over eager with any new toy they have.
    Granted most of the time they follow their rules and I'm hoping they did this time. But tasers do kill and I can't see the justification for them.
    Maybe you can't see the justification because probably like most people you don't have a job that constantly puts you in the same kind of personally dangerous situations that they are put in?

If it's a potentially lethal weapon great care must be taken when it's used. Is the gist of what I said I think. Personally I don't see the need for them.

As to my job, there are times when I have to deal with people who are out of control through anger, drink, drugs or because of mental health issues. These are personally dangerous situations similar to those the police face. I know colleagues who have suffered severe injuries and recall instances where people have died in the course of their work. I don't face this as often as the police but it is something that I have to be awate of, particularly when meetimg someone for the first time. I am a llogal government officer.
  • It's sad when anyone leaves the stage whatever the circumstances

Whether you think it or not we are part of the football community. Thoughts with his family horribly upsetting for them