Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD ANNOUNCEMENT Protests Resume On Saturday

charltoncard.tumblr.com/post/148744724366/protests-resume-on-saturday

Protests resume on Saturday
With an under-strength and under-prepared squad, a senior player abusing supporters, and an embarrassing cup exit to lower-league opposition, the football season is well and truly back for long-suffering fans of Charlton Athletic - and, this weekend, so are the matchday protests.
Earlier this summer, the Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet (CARD) pledged not to disrupt any of the team’s matches in August.
The decision was taken to allow new manager Russell Slade the opportunity to prepare his team for League One without any distractions on the pitch. After all, he already has enough on his plate battling the club’s owner and chief executive for the resources to construct a squad capable of gaining promotion, as Katrien Meire promised supporters.
However, CARD also promised that the protests against the regime would continue off the pitch, and the first of these will take place prior to Saturday’s match against Northampton Town.
We’re urging supporters to congregate under the Charlton badge outside the north stand from 1.30pm, and to follow the directions given.
A CARD spokesperson said: “While early results this season have been extremely disappointing, to put it mildly, our protests are not about results but the systematic dismantling of a club that was previously recognised throughout the football world as a family and community club. All that is now in disarray.
"Even the official Cheltenham Town programme for Tuesday night’s latest horrific defeat was scathing in its criticism of how Duchatalet and Meire are running our club.

"Unlike the dishonest club regime, we honour our public pledges, so we will not be interfering with Saturday’s game. But there are many more ways we can protest, and we’d welcome as many supporters as possible to join us in making our points to those destroying our club.”
CARD has already begun to hijack a free-ticket offer issued by the club’s management for the first game, as the regime attempts to boost an attendance crippled by a 45 per cent reduction in the number of Valley season-ticket holders in late July.
With the club having decided to charge fans who buy their seat in the two hours leading up to kick-off an extra £3, CARD has proposed a way for supporters who want to watch the Northampton game to do so without lining Roland Duchatelet’s pockets. Beat the 1pm ticket fee by following our four-step plan.

Comments

• Roll on September
  • Sorry - will be away on holiday - all the best for those who can make it.
  • Very well done CARD. Either THEY go, or WE do !
  • In principle I support the protest as it is right to express opinion on what has been happening but I think this is all a bit soon and should not affect the game itself. Obviously most people will disagree but I say keep to the original script of waiting until September as you will get more support then as opposed to now when you may get the unwelcome reaction: INDIFFERENCE or, even worse, a sense of division forming between the optimists and the pessimists. Just saying.
  • I want to wear my red Charlton scarf for at least a month before I wear the black and white one.
  • Granpa said:

Very well done CARD. Either THEY go, or WE do !

Well we aren't going anywhere so that means...
  • I'll be there and will make sure the lads I come with are there too.

Let me know when you get there mate i want to buy you a beer

Very kind of you mate. Be more than happy to accept! :) happy to return the favour too!
  • Sponsored links:

• @mrbligh, you been on the sauce again?

Very kind of you mate. Be more than happy to accept! :) happy to return the favour too!
    For god's sake don't let @ElfsborgAddick know there's a free beer......
  • edited August 2016
    aliwibble said:

@mrbligh, you been on the sauce again?

The answer may have been yes ☺
  • Depending on how you look at it, CARD sounds like it's taking a leaf out of the big book of Soviet (and similar) propaganda techniques:

- the regime = the bourgeoisie/capitalism
    - "systemic dismantling" = The Great Purge...? ;)
    - "the dishonest club regime" = "the decadent bourgeois West" (leave out the word bourgeois and you have something out of the ISIL playbook)
    - hijack = !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    - "four-step plan" = The First five-year plan (from the Soviet Union) and so on, so forth... China still does them IIRC.

Basically, what I mean to say is, I'M PROLETARIAT TIL I DIE, PROLETARIAT TIL I DIE etc etc

Keep up the good word CARD.
  • Just wanted to bump this so CARD get as much coverage as possible! As it is the first match of the season we should all make and effort to attend this protest, even if we aren't attending the match!

Lets show them we haven't went anywhere.
  • Very, very late to the party - but have reached my breaking point now with that letter I think, they could buy Messi and I couldn't give a toss. Will be there.

Funnily enough, the letter today was the perfect thing (both content and timing) to give CARD some momentum back after the summer.
  • Will be there.