Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Can anyone give me a cure for OCTRTD?

This morning I spent an hour with my therapist. At £60 per hour, I feel I have wasted my money. I have tried self help groups but nothing works. I feel I am quite self disciplined usually but I can't stop displaying my one weakness. My problem, although I would like CL community to keep this confidential, is that I am suffering Obsessive Compulsive Transfer Rumours Thread Disorder. I have been told to reward myself with a chocolate or something similar if I can avoid opening the thread for an hour, but, whilst this is good for my weight, I never receive my reward. I am in a deluded state where I expect a transfer rumour to bring some good news, but it never happens.

Is it only me? Do others suffer from this terrible disorder? How do you cope with it? Does anyone sit there pressing F5 in the thread?

Oh God, I didn't mean to admit to the world that I press F5 in the Transfer Rumours Thread. I'll stop before I will reveal too much.

Oh no, 4 unread posts......I need to check...

Comments

• edited July 2016
    Hi... I'm Neil... I too have OCTRTD, as Thai says, this isnt a disease that people should mock... I-I-I just cant help get angry reactions whenever I click on the link (I even click on the link when no one has posted a new comment), its damaging my relationship, my work...

Please (sob) help me!!
  • Dont worry...Colin 1961 wil be along soon to help you out.
  • Dont worry...Colin 1961 wil be along soon to help you out.

Don't think he likes you 'orrible lot anymore!
  • I too have OCTRTD, ooh one post I haven't read . . . . . . . . yes, this is the one . . . . . . . . . oh no it's not!
  • I hope you recover soon....try not to look if at all possible and perhaps someone will in-box you when we have bought a player in!!
  • Ah crap it seems I also have this disease.

This is worse than when I went on Boots Web MD for a headache and found out I'm already dead.
  • I hope you recover soon....try not to look if at all possible and perhaps someone will in-box you when we have bought a player in!!

I'm sitting at my inbox pressing F5. Still nothing.
  • I'm still trying to recover from the Andy Delort saga.
  • There ain't no cure for the summertime blues
  • edited July 2016
    You just need a nice cup of tea and to cheer up.

There was no such thing as OCTRTD in my day, we had to get up and go to work in the morning, no time for fancy syndromes when doodlebugs were dropping all around you... etc, etc, etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just keep repeating to yourself "it's not true til it's on the OS, it's not true til it's on the OS, it's not true til it's on the OS". Admittedly, it's not necessarily true even then, but it's a start.

I currently have 1.8K unread comments on the Transfer Rumours Thread, so it must be having some effect :-)
  • Just pretend it is not there. I have 4.8 thousand new posts to ignore ( stupidly opened in its early inception due to a rather fat finger ).
  • The mods have the only cure for your ailment...

• Don't have a cure but best to visit your GP. If you receive official confirmation of your condition, you can call Andrew Castle/First 4 Lawyers and pursue a claim for compensation against our fuckwit of an owner.
  • Macronate said:

Don't have a cure but best to visit your GP. If you receive official confirmation of your condition, you can call Andrew Castle/First 4 Lawyers and pursue a claim for compensation against our fuckwit of an owner.

Bit harsh against the Admin team they just make the thread sticky......
  • Only @redhenry can help I'm afraid.
  • Remember this on a daily basis. chill out and keep your distance:

As long as this shower of s**t regime remain in charge there will be not one shred of positivity. Searching and hoping is pointless. They have no intention of providing any. They are a sham.

Any enthusiasm or love you have for Charlton Athletic,best you park it,leave it and come back when they've long gone.
    Works for me.
  • edited July 2016
    Hi. I'm Neil. (hi neil!!!). I started off by hoping Charlton would sign decent players. The when they stopped doing that, that they woul sign footballers. After that, I hoped for some rumours. But at some point, I just lost it. I don't care if we sign anyone now ( I know what Meire is likely to bring in). I just crave coming on and finding unread posts. I can still control it a bit. But when the number of unread goes into double figures, I break into a cold sweat and sign on. And it's still july. It's the bloody cricket season.....
  • rikofold said:

The mods have the only cure for your ailment...

That won't help. It's not Member's Only, so you can read it without being logged in.
  • Hi, My name's AddicksAddict and I'm a transfer rumour thread junkie. It's been eight seconds since my last look at the thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• 33 unread and still not tempted. I think I might be winning.
  • I'm going to apply some peer pressure; You're missing out on some great stuff Thai!
  • edited August 2016
    Ben18 said:

I'm going to apply some peer pressure; You're missing out on some great stuff Thai!

I know what you mean... Have you seen Number Six, I almost DIED with shock!!

Bloody hell - so you still dont know about Rudd and Pearce medicals?
  • ALL OF YOU ARE ENABLERS! JUST BECAUSE YOU'VE DECIDED TO RUIN YOUR LIVES ADDICTED TO "TRANSFER RUMOURS" DOESN'T MEAN YOU NEED TO PULL DOWN TMA INTO YOUR DARk, SEEDY WORLD!!!!

Just read through 22 more posts of nothing. I need help.

Bloody hell - so you still dont know about Rudd and Pearce medicals?
    If it's true, I am patient enough to wait until it is officially announced that they have signed. 58 unread messages and rising.

And Breathe.
  • I have never opened the thread. Had enough bullshit, attention seeking and lies to last a lifetime this year... :smiley: