Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scapegoat of the Year ... 2016/17

With the new season kicking off next week there is one debate that has yet to be settled… With Reza Ghoochanniejad (Albeit he did deserve the title) and Nick Pope (Clearly didn’t deserve the award) now gone and with the likes of Callum Harriott and Morgan Fox still at the club who will win: Scapegoat of the Season 2016/17

Let’s look at the nominations:

Dillon Phillips … Young Goalkeeper who will clearly make mistakes if he is to be called upon this season, the fact he’s an Academy Graduate will safe him in some eyes yet if his clangers lead to defeat expect to see him as a marked man… Chances: 3/5

Callum Harriott / Morgan Fox … As already mentioned, both graduates are still at the club and at the moment will play a big part in the season ahead, Harriott has the added pressure of performing for Colchester at this level whilst Morgan Fox will be on last chance saloon for some … Chances: 4/5

Chris Solly / Johnnie Jackson … The two reliable men at Charlton at the moment; Chris Solly is usually exempt from criticism yet fans will question whether he can last the season whilst with age catching up with him; Johnnie Jackson isn’t getting any quicker so will no doubt be picked up for that at times … Chances: 1/5

Nick Ajose / Ricky Holmes / Lee Novak … As the three major signings these three will be the ones expected to get us promoted, Ajose and Novak will surely come under flack if they don’t score every five minutes whilst expect moaning that Holmes isn’t consistent (the next Danny Green maybe?) … Chances: 3/5

Roger Johnson … Otherwise known as relegation Roger and having made a terrible impression in the second half of last season, he’ll no doubt bear the brunt of any fan anger in the season ahead … Chances 5/5

Other … People like Konsa and Lookman will no doubt be exempt from the fans frustrations this season yet foreign players who seem to have no interest in Charlton remain with the club (notably El-Hadji Ba and Cristian Ceballos) unless there is a miracle they too could take home the award.

My Prediction: The Fans

Over to you…

Comments

• Support the team...
  • You seem to have made a glaring omission.

The Fans The negative attitude created by fans wanting better for the club they have supported as long as they can remember will cause the paper thin squad assembled by KM & Co. to fail spectacularly.

Surely it'll all be our fault? At least according to some.

• You seem to have made a glaring omission.

The Fans The negative attitude created by fans wanting better for the club they have supported as long as they can remember will cause the paper thin squad assembled by KM & Co. to fail spectacularly.

Surely it'll all be our fault? At least according to some.

Argghhhh how could I forget... Opening post amended ;)
  • If Roger Johnson plays more than 5 matches for us this season I will be devastated.

He is an embarrassment to all other professionals.

Played ok the last couple of matches.
  • 100% Roger Johnson, bookies wouldn't take bets on it!! So much so, we could smash the clean sheets record with him playing all 46 games and Charlton supporters would complain he doesn't score enough.
  • Reckon we'll end up fielding some poor 16 year old who's nowhere near ready - he'll have a torrid time, a few idiots will get on his back and that'll be the end of someone who was previously considered a good prospect.
  • I'm not sure Johnson would be a "scape goat" as such - that phrase seems to infer that someone's being unfairly criticised but if Johnson is being criticised I'm sure it will be entirely justified.
  • Harriott will get the majority of the stick, but I'm not sure it'll be scapegoating
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm going with Ricky Holmes
  • sam3110 said:

Harriott will get the majority of the stick, but I'm not sure it'll be scapegoating

I think he'll win a lot of people over this season. It's a big step down to League 1, more so than Premier League to Championship. He'll have a field day against some very poor defenders, and his iffy decision making won't be punished anything like as much as it is in the Championship.
  • If Roger Johnson plays more than 5 matches for us this season I will be devastated.

Cue Roger Johnson to be unanimously voted player of the year by charlton fans when we win promotion...
  • There are no Scapegoats - every player, every manager, that fat bird form the meetings, and the owner and CEO are responsible.
    Also Seb Lewis who goes to very game, its his fault has well......!
  • The scapegoat hasn't joined yet, but he's definitely on his way next week.

He was absolutely awful against Orient. Couldn't even control the ball properly.

He was absolutely awful against Orient. Couldn't even control the ball properly.
    Thats because he was pissed and could see two Footballs!!
  • Russell Slade will carry the can. They brought in the quality squad to do the job but he couldn't manage. Jose Riga to the rescue in December.
  • Support the team, blame the regime
  • Lee Novak. Idiots never like a target man unless they're technical freaks like ibrahimovic and kermorgant. Guaranteed people will call him a donkey in a few weeks
  • Sponsored links:

• We have no need for a scapegoat. The cause of all the current ills at the entity we barely recognise as Charlton Athletic FC is the dunderhead owner Roly Doeshitalot and the 2 unconscionable "executives" he appointed to run(down) the business. What plays out on the pitch in the immediate future is the direct consequence of their arrogant inadequacy. We all hope it might resemble football and that RS and his squad prove competitive. It is the hope that kills us. Objectively, with 8 days to go before the season starts, we've had it, we're in for another 9 months of torture at the hands of the septuagenarian shitforbrains. Until he loses interest/gets fed up/drops dead CAFC is in big trouble.
  • Says the guy who has like 3 scapegoats who don't ever score more than 2 in post-match marks
  • I'll be blaming Brexit for everything