Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Russell Slade's views

Nothing in the news section of the club website for nigh on a week, particularly his post match observations.

Has he been gagged?

Comments

• the club site still isnt showing results in 4 of the pre season freindlies, beyond parody
  • What has happened to Buxton ?
  • Seriously though I heard that someone left a window open Lewis noticed and managed to climb out of it and get away
  • Very promising regarding the look man comments, he seemed to be quite categoric about the fact Look man is staying and looking forward to the season with us
  • CH4RLTON said:

Very promising regarding the look man comments, he seemed to be quite categoric about the fact Look man is staying and looking forward to the season with us

I agree, hopefully the Rat and Liar wont sell Lookie from under his nose, he's gonna look daft if that happens. Also encouraging to hear that they are 'actively' working on getting 5/6 players over the line.
    I think this week will be interesting.
  • Greenie said:

CH4RLTON said:

Very promising regarding the look man comments, he seemed to be quite categoric about the fact Look man is staying and looking forward to the season with us

I agree, hopefully the Rat and Liar wont sell Lookie from under his nose, he's gonna look daft if that happens. Also encouraging to hear that they are 'actively' working on getting 5/6 players over the line.
    I think this week will be interesting.
    And we all know how hard Katrien works...
  • CH4RLTON said:

Where did he say that? Can you do a linky thing?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016
    X
    Solly ... X ... Konsa ... Fox
    Holmes ... Crofts ... X ... Lookman
    Novak ... Ajose

Subs
    Phillips ... Holmes-Dennis ... X ... Jackson ... Foley ... Harriott ... X

Would be happy with this Squad come Bury depending on who can fill those places.

Goalkeeeper ... Declan Rudd or Simon Moore I'd be happy with either
    Defenders ... Jason Pearce starting with Aaron Pierre (Wycombe rumour) on the Bench
    Midfielder ... Louis Thompson maybe, we certainly need a creative force there similar to Stephens
    Striker ... Who knows, maybe a Premier League U21 on loan

Then it would be good to have two or three other loanees from Premier League / Championship sides to get us to January
  • X
    Novak ... Ajose

Subs

Would be happy with this Squad come Bury depending on who can fill those places.

Defenders ... Jason Pearce starting with Aaron Pierre (Wycombe rumour) on the Bench
    Midfielder ... Louis Thompson maybe, we certainly need a creative force there similar to Stephens

Then it would be good to have two or three other loanees from Premier League / Championship sides to get us to January

For the first few games that might be ok, but we shouldn't go into the season thinking Konsa is going to be a permanent first choice CB as I really don't think he's ready yet. This is based on seeing him play about four times so I might be wrong.
  • se9addick said:

X
    Novak ... Ajose

Subs

For the first few games that might be ok, but we shouldn't go into the season thinking Konsa is going to be a permanent first choice CB as I really don't think he's ready yet. This is based on seeing him play about four times so I might be wrong.
    Yet then I'd also keep Johnson around as think he can do a job when required and you've also got Bauer coming back from injury
  • edited July 2016
    And Slade, who again ran the eye over a number of our young players, was satisfied with his team’s performance.

Did he have any choice? His hand was forced!

"But it’s not a time to panic, that’s for sure. We have got our targets set. We are in negotiations with several football clubs. We hope that we can do some business before the end of this week.”

Really? No Bauer, Gudmansson, Pope, Henderson, Kashi, Watt, Cousins, Vetokele, Makienok, Teixera, possibly Lookman, (Sarr...only joking) Diarra..... I'd be panicking!

There's a lot less finesse in championship 1, besides who will want to join the merry go round madhouse....ah yes journeymen or the returning from injury, prone to injury types. I hope I'm proved wrong

Anyone know who is identifying the targets? Do we have a chief scout that replaced Phil Chapple?
  • Latimer said:

And Slade, who again ran the eye over a number of our young players, was satisfied with his team’s performance.

"But it’s not a time to panic, that’s for sure. We have got our targets set. We are in negotiations with several football clubs. We hope that we can do some business before the end of this week.”

Really? No Bauer, Gudmansson, Pope, Henderson, Kashi, Watt, Cousins, Vetokele, Makienok, Teixera, possibly Lookman, (Sarr...only joking) Diarra..... I'd be panicking!

There's a lot less finesse in championship 1, besides who will want to join the merry go round madhouse....ah yes journeymen or the returning from injury, prone to injury types. I hope I'm proved wrong

Anyone know who is identifying the targets? Do we have a chief scout that replaced Phil Chapple?

I hope you are proved wrong too. Unfortunately, I dont think you will.
  • Just remember... the show offs always gargle rather than swallow
  • I'm really liking what I hear of Slade.

• Sponsored links:

• Latimer said:

Steve Head the Head of Recruitment/Chief Scout.
  • CH4RLTON said:

That's because he will only be sold to a team that will loan him back to us for the season.
  • Latimer said:

Nothing in the news section of the club website for nigh on a week, particularly his post match observations.

Has he been gagged?

Maybe he doesn't have any views
  • Am sure Katie will have Paddy Power to thank for her Programme notes against Bury.

Paddy Power ‏@paddypower 6h6 hours ago

Paddy Power Retweeted West Dids & Chorlton
    Some recruitment work to do before the start of the season.
    Tonight's team v @StockportTownFC
    Trialist (gk) . Trialist . Trialist . Trialist . Trialist . Brockley . Trialist . Trialist . Trialist . Trialist . Trialist

As we begin the dawn of a new season we are confident that we will be able to compete in League One, having the side of a top six budget, lessons have been learnt and we were pleased with our appointment of a British Manager in Russell Slade, as expected we have been forced to sell players this summer yet our efforts in the Transfer Market have seen players joining the club who we feel will make a huge difference and whilst we havent signed as many players as we'd like, at least we're not West Dids & Chorlton so be grateful you little b*****ds and leave my sofa in better nick than the last League game at the Valley
  • Ah yes Steve Head....thanks Covered End
  • Excuse my ignorance but what has happened to Regan Cook? Played in some pre season friendlies and some early games last season. Got injured and now seems to have gone off the radar. Where is he? Will he feature?