Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

EFL Trophy draw - now apparently

edited July 2016 in General Charlton
The competition that sums up how hard we have fallen.

https://twitter.com/EFLTrophy

Comments

• No - when we go out in the first round will sum up how hard we've fallen
  • The u21 teams are required to play 1 of their home games at the first team stadium, so Chelsea u21s at Stamford Bridge is a possibility.
  • CAFCTrev said:

The u21 teams are required to play 1 of their home games at the first team stadium, so Chelsea u21s at Stamford Bridge is a possibility.

No its not... We'll get either Brighton / Norwich / Southampton / West Brom
  • The academy teams we can face are Brighton, West Brom, Norwich or Southampton
  • Damn, Im ashamed that I havent been keeping up with the latest developments in the EFL Trophy.....

.....what have I become???
  • Wait - it's a group stage first ? Is that a new thing ?
  • CAFCTrev said:

Damn, Im ashamed that I havent been keeping up with the latest developments in the EFL Trophy.....

.....what have I become???

Human... Normal... Sane... Take your pick
  • LouisMend said:

The academy teams we can face are Brighton, West Brom, Norwich or Southampton

All great stadia, and there are no easy games at U21 level.......
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Wait - it's a group stage first ? Is that a new thing ?

Yeah first time this season, god have people been hiding under a rock, this is THE Tournament of the season!!

16-Groups of four teams (each Group gets at least one League One side, one League Two side, one U21 team)

The top two then go through to the next round which becomes a Nationwide Round Robin competition through to the final, so instead of being regionalised until the final we could get through the Group stage and face Carlisle away!!
  • se9addick said:

Wait - it's a group stage first ? Is that a new thing ?

Yeah first time this season, god have people been hiding under a rock, this is THE Tournament of the season!!

16-Groups of four teams (each Group gets at least one League One side, one League Two side, one U21 team)

The top two then go through to the next round which becomes a Nationwide Round Robin competition through to the final, so instead of being regionalised until the final we could get through the Group stage and face Carlisle away!!
    We can only hope...
  • ....so I was correct in say we could play Chelsea u21s at some stage potentially.
  • So these are the only teams we can be drawn in a Group with...

• Edge of the seat Or rather sofa stuff
  • Since when is West Brom in the south?
  • Stevie Wonder must be calling out the Numbers its taking so long... Or are they getting through the opening ceremony?

Since when is Cambridge in the North?

Dont worry these are some of the people who are investigating why we do shit at the World Cup and Euros.

Makes you think its not the players fault!!
  • Sponsored links:

Since when is Cambridge in the North?

Dont worry these are some of the people who are investigating why we do shit at the World Cup and Euros.

Makes you think its not the players fault!!
    Cambridge have got Middlesborough in their group - that's a long trek for one set of fans !

This has to be the pick of the groups so far
  • edited July 2016
    Jesus Wept!!!

• What a fiasco, football has lost the plot.
  • edited July 2016
    Which geographically embarrassed moron put Cheltenham in 'The North'?
    Their Blackpool game is only 30 miles less than Cambridge vs Boro

These EFL people are idiots.
  • Here we go....
  • I guess they've failed to realise that the majority of the Premier League and Championship are in the North of England

the majority of League One / League Two are a bit further South
  • Southampton, Crawley and Colchester
  • Southampton
    Colchester
    Crawley