Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

El Hadji Ba

Good player in there or.....nah!? Always thought if the bloke could make better decisions on the ball he would do a decent job.

Comments

• I'm 4 stone overweight, cant run with a decent peg - I'm still better then Ba.
  • The SMT are better at making footballing decisions than Ba is at football
  • Ooh that's harsh.
  • aliwibble said:

Ooh that's harsh.

But true
  • edited July 2016
    As I've said previously reminds me of one of those football table games in the arcades at the seaside where you smack the player on the head and his leg comes out to kick the ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• I bought his shirt during the Royal British Legion auction.

I can confirm he either likes to wear them tight or he's lacking in upper body strength.
  • He's one of the dregs from last season. Needs to be moved on. For our sake and his
  • cabbles said:

He's one of the dregs from last season. Needs to be moved on. For our sake and his

If we moved on the dregs from last season, I fear we'd end up with four first teamers and a bunch of kids.
  • edited July 2016
    I thought he was good when we were good last season , i.e in our wins against QPR and hull
  • He'll come good!
  • In preseason last year I thought he looked the best of the new recruits. Was very poor in a poor side but may well be a far better player in a team full of confidence... Not us then.
  • Think both Ba and Ceballos should be able to offer something at league 1 level.
  • Macronate said:

Can see him getting 15+ goals from midfield this season.

You left the 't off
  • As others have said, his footballing brain is too slow and he runs into trouble. Perhaps he looks down too much & doesn't see a tackle coming.

I also know from not talking to him at the POTY "do", that his English is very poor (or was a few months ago).

He literally couldn't understand what I was saying & Bergditch had to translate.

Cue jokes ..........
  • Sponsored links:

• Freaky player, never looks like he has the ball under control yet sometimes gets past 2-3 players. But I think my comment of 'Bambi being Tasered' sums up his technique pretty well
  • cabbles said:

He's one of the dregs from last season. Needs to be moved on. For our sake and his

If we moved on the dregs from last season, I fear we'd end up with four first teamers and a bunch of kids.
    I think that's what we would've had but for the token signings so far. I'll be honest, I would've cut deeper.

Harriott - he will never make it with us. I'd go as far as to say he may actually only be capable of consistency at league 2 level. I'm not interested in keeping him around on the off chance we see 1 piece of brilliance every 25 games. I don't think league 1 is suddenly going to mean a 10 goal a season and loads of assists. I think it means more silly step overs and cul de sacs

Ba - shit. A hangover from a shit season

Bergdich - hopefully he's gone awol but chosen awol the film with Jean Claude van Damme and is being hunted in the streets of New Orleans (on the right hand side of the road so he can't utilise his strong left foot). Actually, as I type that, I realise I'm talking about Hard Target starring Jean Claude van Damme, not AWOL

Ceballos - thanks for the corner at Derby, another powder puff player from last season's horror show. I wonder if Barca had a buy back clause

Johnson - angry, aggressive, slow, Coke taking booze hound. Just what you need at the Rock of your defence

These 5 flirting in and around the first team isn't ideal for me. I believe there are better players out there.
  • Yes, I think he'll come good. He is very technically gifted, and there's something of a poor man's Yaya Toure about his driving runs. I think with some proper coaching (which I'll bet he didn't receive last year), and a solid midfield partner (Diarra, Kashi), he could be a standout player.
  • cabbles said:

Hello Russell....
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

I think that's what we would've had but for the token signings so far. I'll be honest, I would've cut deeper.

Harriott - he will never make it with us. I'd go as far as to say he may actually only be capable of consistency at league 2 level. I'm not interested in keeping him around on the off chance we see 1 piece of brilliance every 25 games. I don't think league 1 is suddenly going to mean a 10 goal a season and loads of assists. I think it means more silly step overs and cul de sacs

Ba - shit. A hangover from a shit season

Bergdich - hopefully he's gone awol but chosen awol the film with Jean Claude van Damme and is being hunted in the streets of New Orleans (on the right hand side of the road so he can't utilise his strong left foot). Actually, as I type that, I realise I'm talking about Hard Target starring Jean Claude van Damme, not AWOL

Ceballos - thanks for the corner at Derby, another powder puff player from last season's horror show. I wonder if Barca had a buy back clause

Johnson - angry, aggressive, slow, Coke taking booze hound. Just what you need at the Rock of your defence

These 5 flirting in and around the first team isn't ideal for me. I believe there are better players out there.
    I'm witchoo bro'
  • Tbf Harriott was superb at Colchester on loan last season. I think I'm right in saying, they were top half, until we recalled him & then they plunged to relegation.

Obviously, not all his doing, but he certainly helped them bang in quite a few goals at the start of the season, which dried up when he left.

Mind you, I do get the feeling that Charlton may be too big a club for him.
  • Terrible
  • I thought he was our only decent play vs STVv just after he signed. Shockingly bad last season though.
  • Ba has got some quality and creativity in his game but his physical ability and resilience was very poor on several occasions last season. A classic example was at Wednesday - he had a very good first half but then completely ran out of steam after about an hour, leaving Diarra to try and cover a huge amount of ground, as Wednesday swarmed all over us.

If Ba stays and wants to give it a go, I hope that he can adjust better this season and that Slade can get the best out of him, as it would be like a new signing. We certainly need players in central midfield who can run with the ball and open up the opposition.
  • Charlton wouldn't be Charlton without slagging a player or two off even if we haven't seen much of them.
    Ba and Johnson look like being this season candidates before a ball is kicked.
    It's pathetic really.