Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It's a grand old team to play for

And it's a grand old team to see
and if you know your history
it's enough to make you heart go..........

Strachan must Stay : - )

Comments

• Another song they knicked....

Can you explain why Celtic asked for the OF game in January to be called off after the death of another team's player, yet didn't ask for last night's game to be called off after the death of their own assistant manager?......
  • DA9DA9
    edited May 2008
    GIRFUY

parp parp
  • Fair play, they won it, we only have ourselves to blame from the position we were in, I suspect hte Uefa cup took it out of us, but the Walter revolution is underway and I would argue that not even he or McCoist thought we would be fighting on all four corners this season and are ahead of schedule on their 5 year plan.
  • You have to give credit to Strachan and Celtic for keeping going when all seemed lost and winning all of their last 7 games including the Old Firm matches.

Just like five years ago when Celtic reached the UEFA Cup final but lost the league on goal difference on the last day if you try to win them all then you are more likely to fail.

Rangers style of play, especially in Europe, of defending in depth, one runner up front and hope to catch teams on the break meant that they were playing lots of replays and periods of extra time. No wonder that they couldn't catch Celtic at the end.

I doubt if anyone will again do what the Lisbon Lions did and win all five major trophies in the same season
  • easier to win matches when you're only challenging on one front mind
  • and credit to the SPL for letting Rangers play so many games in such a short space of time
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]easier to win matches when you're only challenging on one front mind[/quote]

Absolutley but the games still need to be won and over the whole season the best team is the one with the most points.

VoH's last minute winner was, IMHO, the turning point.
  • I don't blame the SFA , unfortunately its the price you pay for success.

to be honest I think it's one of those rare occasions where it could be argued that the best team may not have been the title winners .
  • Its all about priority isnt it? i dont think either Septic or the Gers are good enough to win the Chumps Cup, its vital re the dosh they reach the knockout stage.
    Maybe playing as many yoof as possible in early rounds of the League Cup and even Scottish Cup would help. There is no reason that the Gers cant win the SPL and the EUFA Cup.
    To do all 4 needs a huge squad possibly 40 players, to much money and to much grief trying to keep em all happy.
  • Shocked this has not been sunk

As many of the ones started about Rangers are?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Mate can you have a look at the CLoyal site and remove a thread re the Polish lady who was shot dead. Some of the cooments from "our" people are OTT. TA mate.

Will do mate, haven't been on for a couple of days.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]easier to win matches when you're only challenging on one front mind

Absolutley but the games still need to be won and over the whole season the best team is the one with the most points.

VoH's last minute winner was, IMHO, the turning point.

Cant believe Cousin gets in over Boyd and Novo on a regular basis, Boyd is a natural goalscorer, he must be so frustrated, still, a win tomorrow and we have 2 trophies in the cabinet, would have settled for that at the beginning of the season, and I do believe there will be a major shake up in the summer for Walters revolution.

Strachan, sellick manager or not, I cant help liking the guy for his honesty and contemptual comments to the media for their silly questions.
  • Lets hope you're right and SDM splashes the cash....
  • Cousin is a joke really do not like that player at all

Use of teh head twice and the elbow was it last night OK not much happened but intent was there.

He is a lazy player you see Darchville all over the place getting into space running back and wer is Cousin still walking along near were he loses a ball

Boyd should get the nod of Cousin anytime
  • Well done Celtic. The table doesn't lie and the best team won, simple as
  • Ronnie you owe me a £1 fella !
  • [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]Another song they knicked....

Can you explain why Celtic asked for the OF game in January to be called off after the death of another team's player, yet didn't ask for last night's game to be called off after the death of their own assistant manager?......

Any Celtic-minded going to answer this?
  • probably not cos they don't know the answer. perhaps they weren't allowed?
  • Celtic didn't even ask...
  • [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]Another song they knicked....

Any Celtic-minded going to answer this?

Facts, sellick, answers to uncomfortable questions...things that dont go together. you should know that fishnet, we were the first on here last week comdemning the morons in Manchester.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]Another song they knicked....

When the OF game was called off it was done as a mark of respect towards Phil O'Donnell and his family, and Rangers to their credit understood and agreed. Walter Smith said : "I don't think you can think about playing. For those of us that are in the game, the only thing that matters is that we show a proper degree of sympathy to his family."

Tommy Burns death was also a real blow to Celtic but was not quite the shock that O'Donnell's death was. Last night was seen as a way to honour Burns and in the celebrations they showed just what he meant to Celtic.
  • Smith sold out his country and he's got what he deserves.
  • Can I just say....

Who cares?

It's even more boring than our two team top division.

Congrats to Motherwell for winning the interesting bit.
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Can I just say....

Who cares?

Oi, watch it, I'll remove your ad from the lib club wall you carry on
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]Another song they knicked....

Can you explain why Celtic asked for the OF game in January to be called off after the death of another team's player, yet didn't ask for last night's game to be called off after the death of their own assistant manager?......[/quote]

[/quote]

I presume because postponing the Celtic match would have meant postponing the Rangers match too (so as to be fair to Rangers) and that the season has to end at some point and can't keep getting extended.

Or it might be some maniacal conspiracy theory involving the Pope to steal the title away from Rangers. You decide.
  • I'll go with that BFR, after all, when we win it, its the Masons/Orange Lodge/Brit conspiracy/The refs a Hun.

Thats that settled then.
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Smith sold out his country and he's got what he deserves.

Have to agree.
  • DA9DA9
    edited May 2008
    So if Curbs got the England job in the future (lol...I know, funny or what) and then came back to Charlton where he is most associated with success during his career, is that selling England down the river?

Smith went home to an opportunity he never thought he would get again as a Rangers man through & through, end of, if anyone did it, Mcleish did.
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Can I just say....

Who cares?

Oi, watch it, I'll remove your ad from the lib club wall you carry on

Ohh, it's so unfair...
  • DA9DA9
    edited May 2008
    Harsh...but fair