Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UFC Thread

Comments

• Screams guilty at that press conference.
  • So Anderson silva steps in to fight DC on a 3 round LH, at least he has won his 2 fights at LH.

Terrible match up otherwise especially as there were others better equipped.

At least it will give DC his fight money and likely win bonus for being screwed by jones
  • Yeah glad there's at least some fight going on. Moving Tate Nunes to main event seems odd as well.

People seen or at least know the result of RDA Alvarez? I don't want to spoil things in case people haven't.
  • Pleased for DC to have a match but not really a competitive one for him.
  • I'd say the women moving to main event is because it's the only championship match happening on the card now.

Plus the added pr of having women headline the biggest ufc card ever.

Great fight last night, tonight should be good too.
  • Guess so but I thought initially the plan was for Brock Hunt to be headline. Not sure what has changed for them to change that decision.

Yep, pleased for Alvarez. I suppose (assuming he wins) opens up Conor RDA no.1 contender fight later?
  • Just caught up with last night. Very impressive from JJ. True champion.

Can't wait for tonight to start. Never been so excited for prelims.

Also anyone happen to know anywhere in town that might be showing it?
  • Saw the fight earlier and couldn't believe RDA actually stayed on his feet. Took some brutal hits.
  • colthe3rd said:

Just caught up with last night. Very impressive from JJ. True champion.

Can't wait for tonight to start. Never been so excited for prelims.

Also anyone happen to know anywhere in town that might be showing it?

Wouldn't Riley's sports cafe on Haymarket be showing it? Open til 3am
  • Thought that but given the main card starts at 3 it doesn't help. Cheers though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Haven't seen any footage but it seems that Aldo is back. Can see McGregor loosing to Diaz than the Aldo rematch. 3 defeats in a row and goodbye drawing ability. Especially with Brock making a return.
  • Aldo was impressive, was more of a defensive performance than anything but comfortably won. Frankie didn't have any answer to him (pun intended). Aldo looked big as well, I'm not one to throw accusations about but it was very noticeable compared to the Conor fight. Only way Conor fights Aldo again is if he loses to Nate again imo. Also this photo is brilliant

Overall it was a disappointing main card but was always likely to be after what happened.
  • Not the best event Aldo won comfortably, the silva vs DC was just terrible so sad to see a legend like silva just float around with no technique or ability, I know it was 3 days notice but he has been heading this way for some time.

Tate got owed by nunes that division is wide open. Good to see Cain back to his old self. Also with Lesnar I feared it would go that way with him just going for takedowns, but very impressive considering he beat a top heavyweight in hunt.
  • UFC just been sold for $4bn. Not bad considering the fertitta brothers bought for $2m in 2000.

• Aldo v Edgar was the real main event. Think Aldo would handily beat Mcgregor in a rematch provided he doesn't jump in recklessly again.

Can see Lesnar shooting straight for a title fight if Overeem beats Miocic.

Bisping v Henderson has been agreed and might take place in Manchester in a few months time.
  • Incredible.
  • Fighter salaries for UFC 200. Lesnar made bank! Silva did well for no training.

Miesha Tate: $500,000
    Amanda Nunes: $100,000 (no win bonus)

Brock Lesnar: $2,500,000 (no win bonus)
    Mark Hunt: $700,000

Anderson Silva: $600,000
    Daniel Cormier: $500,000

Jose Aldo: $500,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus)
    Frankie Edgar: $190,000

Cain Velasquez: $300,000 (no win bonus)
    Travis Browne: $120,000

Julianna Pena: $64,000 (includes $32,000 win bonus)
    Cat Zingano: $35,000

Kelvin Gastelum: $86,000 (includes $33,000 win bonus)
    Johny Hendricks: $80,000

T.J. Dillashaw: $50,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus)
    Raphael Assuncao: $42,000

Sage Northcutt: $100,000 (includes $50,000 win bonus)
    Enrique Marin: $13,000

Joe Lauzon: $108,000 (includes $54,000 win bonus)
    Diego Sanchez: $80,000

Gegard Mousasi: $110,000 (includes $35,000 win bonus)
    Thiago Santos: $28,000

Jim Miller: $118,000 (includes $59,000 win bonus)
    Takanori Gomi: $55,000

• Doesn't include ppv points so he likely got e en more than that. Be interesting to see if pay changes under the new ownership.
  • Fighter salaries for UFC 200. Lesnar made bank! Silva did well for no training.

Miesha Tate: $500,000
    Amanda Nunes: $100,000 (no win bonus)

Brock Lesnar: $2,500,000 (no win bonus)
    Mark Hunt: $700,000

Anderson Silva: $600,000
    Daniel Cormier: $500,000

Jose Aldo: $500,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus)
    Frankie Edgar: $190,000

Cain Velasquez: $300,000 (no win bonus)
    Travis Browne: $120,000

Julianna Pena: $64,000 (includes $32,000 win bonus)
    Cat Zingano: $35,000

Kelvin Gastelum: $86,000 (includes $33,000 win bonus)
    Johny Hendricks: $80,000

T.J. Dillashaw: $50,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus)
    Raphael Assuncao: $42,000

Sage Northcutt: $100,000 (includes $50,000 win bonus)
    Enrique Marin: $13,000

Joe Lauzon: $108,000 (includes $54,000 win bonus)
    Diego Sanchez: $80,000

Gegard Mousasi: $110,000 (includes $35,000 win bonus)
    Thiago Santos: $28,000

Jim Miller: $118,000 (includes $59,000 win bonus)
    Takanori Gomi: $55,000

Overall, not great from a 4bn company.. Hopefully the fighters start getting proper money
  • It does show unless you are one of the marquee names, you really don't make any money for risking your life.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit of a joke that Silva got more than Cormier for taking a fight at 3 days notice
  • Well he was due to get $1m for the Jones fight, presumably they had to offer that to Anderson just to get a "name" fight in there. I'd expect that the UFC will probably be unofficially giving DC a bit more than that.
  • edited August 2016
    Not sure what to make of the press conference. I guess Conor was a bit annoyed as he doesn't like bottled water, he prefers tap!

Conor did look rattled seems to have been a set up from Diaz as there was nothing to trigger it. As for the fight I see a repeat of the first one.

https://youtu.be/muFAPZJRQ_g
  • More mcgregor self publicity the master at it
  • Looked pretty staged to me
  • If it was staged they would have done something more entertaining. McGregor coming in late was probably self publicity, everyone asks where he is at the start. Looks like Diaz has got to him.
  • He set it up the bottle throwing and tussling was not scripted as such but was the fire that conor lit on purpose,

This is the guy who by insulting wwe wrestlers got millions more hits on twitter from young kids who gad never heard of him and who as a result will now be part of the charade that follows him

It is genius self promotion you are watching the master of it
  • edited August 2016
    True but if he losses on Saturday people aren't going to care what he says anymore.
  • It was Diaz who threw the first bottle of water on his way out. Several videos out there, showing that this is what Conor reacted to. Diaz walked when McGregor started talking about a 3rd fight definitely happening...not sure why that would trigger a walkout though.
  • Good work from McGregor. Loads more bums on seats, loads more paying TV Box Office now, and Conor earns another few million. Not bad for an average Martial Artist who has moved into UFC, and shown up a lot of their 'fighters'.
    FWIW - I think McGregor will win this time.I think he took it for granted that he would beat Diaz last time out.