Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scotland.

Are they still singing that song for PP?
All the British Isles teams are out of their groups and they're at home.
Hee hee.

Comments

• They've got their a freedom though......
  • iainment said:

Hee hee.

Iain.....a god Scottish name that :)

• PP isn't a Scottish company, I prefer the Tenants lager advert (despite the lager being absolute pish in a glass)
  • Wouldn't matter IF they won it mate it would still be OUR fault...
  • So are Georgia Gordon, now away and enjoy your summer off.
  • They probably are seeing that they came within a whisker of the Play-Offs themselves.

Had they hung on to beat Poland then I doubt Ireland would have been in the Competition, they'd certainly beat the likes of Romania and Albania etc. the trouble that Scotland have is that they're not a top seed so Qualifying will always be difficult for them (meaning they'll always face at least two tough sides) until they manage to qualify again.

They MIGHT get 2nd in our Group ahead of Russia 2018 yet results against Slovakia and Slovenia will be very important.
  • They probably are seeing that they came within a whisker of the Play-Offs themselves.

Had they hung on to beat Poland then I doubt Ireland would have been in the Competition, they'd certainly beat the likes of Romania and Albania etc. the trouble that Scotland have is that they're not a top seed so Qualifying will always be difficult for them (meaning they'll always face at least two tough sides) until they manage to qualify again.

They MIGHT get 2nd in our Group ahead of Russia 2018 yet results against Slovakia and Slovenia will be very important.
    Had they beat Georgia then they would have qualified...... all cudda/wudda/shudda. Iceland had the same problem with being a lowely seed but they still qualified.
  • Arrogant Scotts
  • Sponsored links:

Scotland came fourth out of six teams, that's simply not good enough to qualify for a major tournament. The current Scottish side is absolutely dire.
  • edited June 2016

iainment said:

Hee hee.

I know, but I'm not Scottish.

Although I am godlike.
  • iainment said:

iainment said:

Hee hee.

Although I am godlike.
    Iain Dowie.
  • se9addick said:

They probably are seeing that they came within a whisker of the Play-Offs themselves.

Scotland came fourth out of six teams, that's simply not good enough to qualify for a major tournament. The current Scottish side is absolutely dire.
    That's a fair comment, but all three teams who finished ahead of them are now in the knockout phase.

They should have finished ahead of Ireland. They have no one else to blame but themselves. They might not have won the playoff. But maybe there is an argument they are better than, say, Ukraine or Sweden.
  • iainment said:

iainment said:

Hee hee.

Although I am godlike.
    Iain Dowie.
    Nah he said GODlike not TROLLlike
  • se9addick said:

They probably are seeing that they came within a whisker of the Play-Offs themselves.

Have seen dire and this crop are no way near as bad as they have been before, some decent players in the squad who should get better with the experience next to them.

After the Levein and Burley disaster, Strachan has done well, with some very good displays and results to go with them in both the group and freindlies, he had to get belief and hunger into the group. I was really worried he was not going to be manager for the next campaign.

ROI, Germany and Poland was going to be tough and the finest of margins cost a place to go to France in a defeat to Georgia and a draw v Poland.

Really happy for ROI last night, they did what we couldn't do in the group and made the results count with a fine win v Germany at home, that was always going to be what made the difference.

Onto the next one, never going to be an easy group due to the seedings.
  • Shame .............
  • Arrogant Scotts

Ignorant Pigg
  • Scotland ? .. gonna be sawn off, floated over the North Sea and attached to Germany .. somewhere near Hamburg
  • So what happens if she loses this second Referendum?

Sturgeon can claim that Scotland have been taken out of the EU against its will but what would have happened had we remained in the EU (with the majority of votes coming from Scots)... Could England have then claimed they were being kept in the EU against its will?
  • Sponsored links:

• The Scots have today effectively left the Union.
  • As good as gone now.
  • The Scots have today effectively left the European Union.

There, fixed it for you
  • So in a sense this wasnt just a Referendum to come out of the EU yet also a vote for Independence for England as we'll never get the sort of vote that the Scots received last year (let alone a second bite at the apple)
  • Fiiiiiish said:

se9addick said:

Have seen dire and this crop are no way near as bad as they have been before, some decent players in the squad who should get better with the experience next to them.

After the Levein and Burley disaster, Strachan has done well, with some very good displays and results to go with them in both the group and freindlies, he had to get belief and hunger into the group. I was really worried he was not going to be manager for the next campaign.

ROI, Germany and Poland was going to be tough and the finest of margins cost a place to go to France in a defeat to Georgia and a draw v Poland.

Really happy for ROI last night, they did what we couldn't do in the group and made the results count with a fine win v Germany at home, that was always going to be what made the difference.

I normally get to two or three matches per campaign and I genuinely think this is the worst squad since Vogts.
  • se9addick said:

Fiiiiiish said:

se9addick said:

I normally get to two or three matches per campaign and I genuinely think this is the worst squad since Vogts.
    That's what I was trying to hint at, that squad was truley dire, this lot are not on that level imo.

Management choice stunted the feel good vibe that Smith and McLeish brought in.
  • se9addick said:

Fiiiiiish said:

se9addick said:

I actually think this Scotland squad is probably best this century (although not Scottish) so could be wrong. They basically have a mid table premiership squad, I'd say far better than the Irish squad they finished behind.
  • se9addick said:

Fiiiiiish said:

se9addick said:

I actually think this Scotland squad is probably best this century (although not Scottish) so could be wrong. They basically have a mid table premiership squad, I'd say far better than the Irish squad they finished behind.
    They beat Ireland at home and drew away.

Two surprise results affected their qualification hopes - Scotland losing away to Georgia and Ireland beating Germany. Two draws would have seen Scotland in the playoffs.
  • From your resident Scotsman albeit one who has been happy to live in England for 30 years and who has an English wife and English children. I like it here. I really do. And I think the fish woman is odious. But honestly, the petty anti Scottish stuff on here is getting really boring. Anyone else and it would be racist but it's fair game against the sweaty ginger jocks. Give it a rest chaps. I can take the fact that our football team is shite and fair game for banter but the rest of it is just a little OTT. Rant over. Nite nite.
  • From your resident Scotsman albeit one who has been happy to live in England for 30 years and who has an English wife and English children. I like it here. I really do. And I think the fish woman is odious. But honestly, the petty anti Scottish stuff on here is getting really boring. Anyone else and it would be racist but it's fair game against the sweaty ginger jocks. Give it a rest chaps. I can take the fact that our football team is shite and fair game for banter but the rest of it is just a little OTT. Rant over. Nite nite.

And Wimbledon starts on Monday..